All time football league table update

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blades have earned 6028 points to owls 5745 blades having played 23 more due to wednesdays 3 seaso mor playing less games . but even if they won all 23 the 69 points would not cover the gap of 283 points and we casn even discount the 95 points in div 4 and still be 1180 plus points better off

Blades have earned 6028 points to owls 5745 blades having played 23 more due to wednesdays 3 seaso mor playing less games . but even if they won all 23 the 69 points would not cover the gap of 283 points and we casn even discount the 95 points in div 4 and still be 1180 plus points better off
Whatever you are drinking, please stop!

to just use the 62 and 65 seasons the sheffield clubs have been in the top flight you are ignoring nearly half of both clubs history
1892 is 131 years of football less 10 seasons for 2 world wars

to just use the 62 and 65 seasons the sheffield clubs have been in the top flight you are ignoring nearly half of both clubs history
1892 is 131 years of football less 10 seasons for 2 world wars
Wendy 66 seasons in the top flight and have won the league 4 times

These should be weighted more heavily to results in the top flight and whittled down to the 4th tier results for me. Be an interesting project for someone (not me).
why is that , you are what division your in
man city were in div 3 in 1999 are you implying their results there were of a lesser stature
it was games v their peers at that time

the same as the owls not winning a single prem point in a full season in the prem in the 21st century
but they needed points to get out of div 3 , were they worth any less than when they were in the prem ,,,no

It's a load of bollocks mate.

Pigs have played in the top flight, 4 seasons more than us - 3 after this one.
If you play at a higher level, it's harder to win games.

Preston as a prime example - 62 consecutive years outside the top flight currently. No wonder they've won loads of games bobbing between 2nd and 4th tier for 60 odd years.

Whilst the pigs were in the PL from 1994 to 2000, United were playing 8 games a season more than them... in an easier division.

Pigs have been terrible for knocking on 25years. But are still WAAAAAAAYYYYY infront of us, even in just the Premier League Table. Playing 114 more games and accumulating 182pts more:

1694165515676.png

Using this type of table to justify we're better than them is borderline insanity

Most League Titles = SWFC
Most FA Cups = SUFC
Most League Cups = SWFC
Most seasons in Top Flight = SWFC
Most Points in Top Flight = SWFC
European Campaigns = SWFC

Of course we're the better team and have been for around 5 years now and have edged it over the last 20 years. But if you're using an all time table of results, you need to look at all time success. They blow us away

Most League Titles = SWFC
Most FA Cups = SUFC
Most League Cups = SWFC
Most seasons in Top Flight = SWFC
Most Points in Top Flight = SWFC
European Campaigns = SWFC

Of course we're the better team and have been for around 5 years now and have edged it over the last 20 years. But if you're using an all time table of results, you need to look at all time success. They blow us away
Absolutely correct, but since 2000, we have finished ahead of them in 18 out of 24 seasons, and of course we've had 4 top flight seasons to their 0. When we've been in the same division, we've finished ahead 9.seasons out of 10.

Possibly, a long term trend...

It's a load of bollocks mate.

Pigs have played in the top flight, 4 seasons more than us - 3 after this one.
If you play at a higher level, it's harder to win games.

Preston as a prime example - 62 consecutive years outside the top flight currently. No wonder they've won loads of games bobbing between 2nd and 4th tier for 60 odd years.

Whilst the pigs were in the PL from 1994 to 2000, United were playing 8 games a season more than them... in an easier division.

Pigs have been terrible for knocking on 25years. But are still WAAAAAAAYYYYY infront of us, even in just the Premier League Table. Playing 114 more games and accumulating 182pts more:

View attachment 170617

Using this type of table to justify we're better than them is borderline insanity
Only needed the first sentence tbh, informative though the rest is.

Looking forward to the rebuttal....

Absolutely correct, but since 2000, we have finished ahead of them in 18 out of 24 seasons, and of course we've had 4 top flight seasons to their 0. When we've been in the same division, we've finished ahead 9.seasons out of 10.

Possibly, a long term trend...
Yeah definitely.

I'm 39 and other than the early 90s, when I was still very young and not really into football, i've grown up with us being the better team.

My secondary school years they had it 95-00.
My time as an adult though has been United.

Unfortunately neither of us can use the term "successful".

There's only one important stat and that's there here and now, the 21st century. I wonder who blows who out of the water 23 years in?

OK I accept that the bar is low. ;)

Back
Top Bottom