Admiration

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

HeCanDoMagic

Reaction score
I have been mildly critical of how United have played in the last 3/4 games of the season, which ultimately lead to us throwing second place away.

However, after seeing the team play with the grit and determination, under immense pressure, made me sit back and think what a good set of players we have.

To be stripped of our top scorer, first choice left back, our playmaker (for 6/7 weeks and at h/t yesterday), 3 further strikers injured or suspended, and together with the pressure we the fans put upon them under due to how the Pigs have gone up - I really do admire they way we have wrestled our way to Wembley.

One final push is 'all' that is needed by both the fans and the players. Forget the past, lets get to Wembley and repay the players that have given us a truly entertaining season, if we do that then perhaps maybe they can repay us.

I have never doubted we play a better style of football now and it is a style of football that deserves promotion.

Although with what went against us at such a late stage you couldn't really make it up. Evans prison, Hoskins injured, Cresswell not fully fit, Beattie 4 match ban and LSF out for the season. Add to that no time to really draft in any replacements at all apart from OH.

Chuck in Wednesdays seemingly good fortune (they must of been averaging 5 mins injury time every match in the last 2 months) and grinding out results.

Back
Top Bottom