Adkins Interview Ahead of Walsall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p038j4kz (been up since yesterday)
  • injuries - progressing [they are - evidence of a long term outlook]
  • Wallace not trained today [Thursday] but expecting to train Friday
  • looking for stability/consistency and the understanding and partnerships that grow from it
  • Flo Cuvelier has completed two weeks of training - talented footballer - nice chap [:)]
  • very very good team spirit
  • but it's results that count
  • attitude is top drawer
  • but it's results that count
  • loans - aim is to get best out of everyone they're not being stuck out on loan
  • Long - exceptional gk with many many attributes, have to do it in the arena, good punch (25 yards) for their goal, assured, very good game [Fwiw I strongly agree]
  • Kieran Wallace - done very well - to develop him even better
  • deals in pipeline? - business done in private
  • no goals for Billy recently - I trust him, will get a run of goals
  • we've been creating chances [we have - often/always overlooked by the miserati and the haters]
  • holds the ball up well, helps us progress up the field of play
  • Walsall - done well, consistency of management, chance to build, play out from back [;)]
  • looking forward to the challenge
  • been doing a lot of research including scouting across Europe for JTW and summer - and beyond [I think that's what he said]
  • overhaul or tweaks in JTW - wait and see, usually 2 or 3, then 7 or 8 summer
  • privilege to be at United
  • wants to be back in the Premier League
  • have to work hard to get into the Championship - focus has to be on the next game
I like Adkins's interviews a lot - and this was another very good one.

Interview by Andy Giddings whose questions, for me, seem to go on for a while

• Long - exceptional gk with many many attributes, have to do it in the arena, good punch (25 yards) for their goal, assured, very good game [Fwiw I strongly agree]

It's been a day since I listened, and to read that you would think Adkins is absolutely bonkers. Thought what he said was that he's an exceptional goalkeeper on the training ground, but he has to now do it on the pitch.

We need to start playing like Adkins talks, performing like he wants us to perform and bringing these good training sessions into a Saturday game. I personally I think we'll get beat tomorrow, I am not being pessimistic I just see one away side very unsettled not playing that well for a full 90 minutes against another who are a very impressive settled home side.

One thing I do know though is we will be doing as follows -

Trying to win a game of football
Trying to put it in one end and trying to keep it out the other
Playing with an honest bunch on lads

Just for the record Long should have caught that cross for there first goal.

I like the talk of the Premier league and championship, sometimes when I'm high on acid, I drift away to thinking about these places too...

Then when I come down, I think "shit, we need to concentrate on stabilising in league one before we look outside this division"

Adkins, nice bloke, talks a great game, reality is that he's away with the fairies.

Serious question, do managers get drug tested? Long, good punch?

[QUOTE

Long, good punch?[/QUOTE]

I expect Southend thought it was jolly marvellous.

I'll had the bit he didn't dare to say but is thinking.

"I will snatch your hand off if you offer me a point at Walsall"

Back
Top Bottom