CONFIRMED Aaron Ramsdale sold to Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

🤣🤣 then why is he being linked with several PL clubs, won our POTY and got an England call up?
Not much difference between second half of the season Ramsdale and Henderson IMO.

And neither can kick.

As with any transfer its difficult to know the exact details, but with the transfer fee somewhere between 12-18m, he's a player who "value" has without doubt improved in the last 12 months.

A second year of PL experience, another POTY and an England call up. Nott many keepers achieve that by the time they are just 23.

Don't see him going this summer, as there's no real need to sell and doubtful he'll want another move only a year after last.

Think his next move depends on us getting promoted. Back up next year and pretty sure he'll stay, if not, could be next summer or following Jan i think we'd struggle to keep him or he'd look to move on.

🤣🤣 then why is he being linked with several PL clubs, won our POTY and got an England call up?
Linked with PL clubs... likely due to nationality and not needing a work permit

POTY... no fucker deserved such an award

England call up... depth in that area is shocking. England haven't had a top quality keeper since David Seaman.

He's bang average.

Linked with PL clubs... likely due to nationality and not needing a work permit

POTY... no fucker deserved such an award

England call up... depth in that area is shocking. England haven't had a top quality keeper since David Seaman.

He's bang average.
Oh dear

Yeah, oh dear.

We went from having a goalkeeper that kept us in games, to one where if we conceded 2 we were lucky.

Zero confidence in him at all. But like Pickford. Just waiting for the next error.

Wasting 40m on him and Brewster cost us our PL place.

Yeah, oh dear.

We went from having a goalkeeper that kept us in games, to one where if we conceded 2 we were lucky.

Zero confidence in him at all. But like Pickford. Just waiting for the next error.

Total bollocks.

Henderson made more errors leading to goals than Ramsdale did. There are stats to back that up.

Pick a Kuwaiti team, the English game is clearly not for you.

Yeah, oh dear.

We went from having a goalkeeper defence that kept us in games, to one where if we conceded 2 we were lucky.

Changed the emphasis slightly but crucially. A settled defence pre-lockdown turned into a constantly shifting setup post-lockdown.

We may not have wasted £40m on Brewster and Ramsdale but we definitely could and should have invested in areas which were a higher priority (centre half, midfield), particularly given that we had 5 centre forwards on the books when Brewster signed.

Yes to Berge, not Egan.

Think Brewster may force an exit

Yeah, oh dear.

dont forget wasting 20m on mcburnie as well

If we can get 40m for him which covers most or all of what we need to get in fees then yes id sell him. Verrips and maybe get Gavin Bazunu in on loan from Man City. Seen him when he was 16 in the shamrock Rovers first team and he was quality then, hes got better since and City would want to get him some championship experience this year after playing for Rochdale last season in League one. What we did with Hendo would make us a favorable destination. Yeah leaves us with a long term gap at keeper again but fi it means we keep the rest of the squad together then we should consider it.

Total bollocks.

Henderson made more errors leading to goals than Ramsdale did. There are stats to back that up.

Pick a Kuwaiti team, the English game is clearly not for you.

I'd love you to pull that statistic out. From memory, Henderson's XGA was about -7. In other words, he was worth 7 goals to us. Ramsdale's was 0. It was the same for Bournemouth the year before.
Ramsdale started to come good for us towards the end of the season, but let's not re-write history & pretend he was anywhere near Henderson's level. There's a reason one is at Man Utd & starting games & the other is in the Championship.

I'd love you to pull that statistic out. From memory, Henderson's XGA was about -7. In other words, he was worth 7 goals to us. Ramsdale's was 0. It was the same for Bournemouth the year before.
Ramsdale started to come good for us towards the end of the season, but let's not re-write history & pretend he was anywhere near Henderson's level. There's a reason one is at Man Utd & starting games & the other is in the Championship.
xGA. 🤣🤣 fuck me, what’s next xThrowIns?

It's OK, some people live in lala land. Leave them to it.

There's a reason he's been in two relegated sides in two years.

I hope he comes good, and performances did pick up, but...

1) Kicking is poor
2) Catching is poor
3) Sticks on his line too much
4) Doesn't command his box

Genuinely expect us to concede a goal every time the opposition have a free kick around our box or a corner kick.

Not much difference between second half of the season Ramsdale and Henderson IMO.

And neither can kick.
I think Henderson edges it in the 'better keeper' stakes against Ramsdale but i think comparing last season's Ramsdale to Hendo's time with us is a little unfair as there were quite a few games where Henderson had very little to do as the team were playing brilliant and controlling games. Rambo has had much more to deal with due to the shite performances in front of him. I know early on he shipped a couple that he probably shouldve done better with (but so did Hendo once or twice if i recall). As his confidence grew he got better and better. Returning to the club he'd been at since a kid with a hefty price tag of almost £20m mightve weighed more on his mind than us fans realise, maybe?

Such as, thinking it was wrong to make a team play an hour after their teammate had nearly died?
They didn't make them though did they. They gave them an option, and they chose to play it that night. Simple as.

Do I think they should have? No idea, I'm not a Denmark player so I can't possibly empathise with what they were feeling at the time.

In hindsight, perhaps they should have chosen the next day and slept on it, but rumours were that Eriksen himself suggested for them to carry on.

Back
Top Bottom