a possible solution ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The reason to keep Weir is that he really hasn't had much time. You have to give him a fair crack of the whip and eight games is just not enough, particularly with so many new players.

I say review matters at Christmas.

I do not believe that any of the alternatives touted about are realistic targets. Forget Poyet and Di Matteo and why look to the past.

As I have said before we are at the start of a three year plan to get back to the top half of the championship.

You can't build a decent team playing attractive football in two months.

Give the bloke a chance.

HH
are you on drugs ?

The reason to keep Weir is that he really hasn't had much time. You have to give him a fair crack of the whip and eight games is just not enough, particularly with so many new players.

I say review matters at Christmas.

I do not believe that any of the alternatives touted about are realistic targets. Forget Poyet and Di Matteo and why look to the past.

As I have said before we are at the start of a three year plan to get back to the top half of the championship.

You can't build a decent team playing attractive football in two months.

Give the bloke a chance.

HH
Why not Wilson did when he took over. It was only when he had the stars sold or locked up that it changed. (and that's from someone who didn't want Wilson)

Fair point Stanny.

However, Wilson's first team had the likes of Evans, Quinn, Lowton and Mcdonald and was far stronger than the current team.

It was a big mistake to sell Blackman (although I doubt we had any choice) and subsequently dismiss Wilson.

What makes you think a new manager will get instant results?

Fair point Stanny.

However, Wilson's first team had the likes of Evans, Quinn, Lowton and Mcdonald and was far stronger than the current team.

It was a big mistake to sell Blackman (although I doubt we had any choice) and subsequently dismiss Wilson.

Not sure he will but to hear Weir take he just doesn't cut it for me. If he wants to play this formation then he has to go out and get two fullbacks and maybe a quick centre half now or he is doomed.

Fair point Stanny.

What makes us think that Weir will get any results?

I do not know if Weir will get the results. He may fail, but at least give him a few months to try.

It is folly to keep changing managers.

I do not know if Weir will get the results. He may fail, but at least give him a few months to try.

True but if it clearly isn't working then it has to change. Look at Sunderland, Di Canio been in the job 6 month and has now been sacked. If we give him till Christmas but don't win a game we could be all but down. For me he has to only have a couple more games in him.

I'm all for giving Weir a fair crack of the whip .................................

........................................ he should be publicly flogged.

The problem with that, is that, if we give him "a few months", all the signs are we will be in the 4th division next season.

Any manager with half a braincell should be able to get the current crop of players in the top half of this division with some degree of ease. I said after the Carlisle game that I would give Weir 5 games and ask for a minumum of 2 wins from those games as some kind of indication of progress. One down. Four to go.

Back
Top Bottom