A message to Brentford fans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladeulike

Reaction score
As a club we are now clearly not waving but drowning in terms of survival and I wanted to say a couple of things before we disappear beneath the final tidal surge that this league has generated for us.

First up, seriously well done to you as you further establish yourself as a Premiership club. You have achieved what we never came close to this season in terms of coping with the difference in terms of strategy, planning, player quality, management and overall running of the club. I wish we had the same business and footballing acumen that you have clearly achieved over the last couple of years.

Second, I would like to say in relation to your fans’ comments and attitude, both as reported on our website by the legendary Roybgiv and as I heard on leaving the ‘Gtech Stadium’ yesterday I would like to say just f*** off and, when you get there, please just do us the favour of f****ing off again. Don’t get me wrong, I can deal with relegation, God knows I have experienced enough of them over my decades of supporting the Blades but your fans’ attitude really? I mean really?? They say if you sup with the devil, you need a long spoon - it’s a spoon you may end up choking on so just be wary when you deign to say we ‘aren’t worthy’ of being in the same league as you. Of course you should celebrate and even take the p*ss a bit as all fans do but be careful of contracting the Premiership delusion that being in the in the same league as you is an entitlement rather than an earned reward. Otherwise you are in danger of becoming becoming a bunch of jumped up wankers rather than a proper football club

We have indeed been rubbish this season. We have consistently put in a series of embarrassing performances over the year. But we are still Sheffield United and have a history of which we are and always will be proud. More importantly, we will be back. If you are still there, we look forward to meeting you again :)

As a club we are now clearly not waving but drowning in terms of survival and I wanted to say a couple of things before we disappear beneath the final tidal surge that this league has generated for us.

First up, seriously well done to you as you further establish yourself as a Premiership club. You have achieved what we never came close to this season in terms of coping with the difference in terms of strategy, planning, player quality, management and overall running of the club. I wish we had the same business and footballing acumen that you have clearly achieved over the last couple of years.

Second, I would like to say in relation to your fans’ comments and attitude, both as reported on our website by the legendary Roybgiv and as I heard on leaving the ‘Gtech Stadium’ yesterday I would like to say just f*** off and, when you get there, please just do us the favour of f****ing off again. Don’t get me wrong, I can deal with relegation, God knows I have experienced enough of them over my decades of supporting the Blades but your fans’ attitude really? I mean really?? They say if you sup with the devil, you need a long spoon - it’s a spoon you may end up choking on so just be wary when you deign to say we ‘aren’t worthy’ of being in the same league as you. Of course you should celebrate and even take the p*ss a bit as all fans do but be careful of contracting the Premiership delusion that being in the in the same league as you is an entitlement rather than an earned reward. Otherwise you are in danger of becoming becoming a bunch of jumped up wankers rather than a proper football club

We have indeed been rubbish this season. We have consistently put in a series of embarrassing performances over the year. But we are still Sheffield United and have a history of which we are and always will be proud. More importantly, we will be back. If you are still there, we look forward to meeting you again :)
Perfectly said.

Seasons in top flight...

Sufc = 63
Bfc = 8.

Back in your place you entitled lager top drinking cunts

Agree with the sentiment but there's more chances of us meeting them in the Championship in 3/4 year's time.

Apart from Bob Booker they are the small erupting pore on my arse that's scratched and then forgotten within the week...

Brentwho..?
Don't forget Bradley Walsh played for them and until about 7 years ago that was the only thing anyone (apart from BB by us Blades) knew about them I bet half their fookin fans in the ground had never been to Griffin Park. West London wanking nobodies.

Brentford are Charlton, just spelt different. They're having their purple patch now but when it's done, their 3 to 4'000 fans will have nothing but beating a terrible Sheffield United team to look back on.

Last edited:
I have a huge amount of respect for how they've developed themselves from a L1-L2 yo-yo side into an 'OK' Premier League side.

The only thing I begrudge is how fast they became unlikeable, entitled bellends. Even during our shared stint in League One, they quickly elected themselves as the authority of total football even while they were winning zilch under Rosler - a serious 'delusion of grandeur' case.

Id expect the G-Tech stadium on a matchday is a blend of;

6-7k authentic fans they had before 2010
2-3k customers who want to buy their half & half scarf & watch an EPL match.
3-4k of cringey try-hards who discovered they were Brentford ultras in the last 6 years.

I have a huge amount of respect for how they've developed themselves from a L1-L2 yo-yo side into an 'OK' Premier League side.

The only thing I begrudge is how fast they became unlikeable, entitled bellends. Even during our shared stint in League One, they quickly elected themselves as the authority of total football even while they were winning zilch under Rosler - a serious 'delusion of grandeur' case.

Id expect the G-Tech stadium on a matchday is a blend of;

3-4k of cringey try-hards who discovered they were Brentford ultras in the last 6 years.

Even before they got to the Premier League their fans were banging on about their business model.

Egan and JOC were shit apparently. :rolleyes:

Ignore em mate its not worth it. Their sugar daddy has got bored of financing their little cotton socks and they will soon disappear into their rightful league just like Wigan and Charlton have.

They will then be a plastic club in a plastic stadium in league one with 6k fans after the hangers on find another tourist team in London. At least the last time they were there they had an old school stadium with some proper boozers. Next time it will be 6k fans rattling around in their IKEA ground.

Agree with most things said. We were walking away from the ground and talking to a young brentford fan, who looked surprised when I explained to him Brentford years ago were seen as a 4th division club. It seemed obvious to me the lad didn't have no idea of His clubs history😒

The above comments are not what I experienced speaking to Brentford fans before and after the match. They seemed to be a level headed bunch on the whole and bemoaned their form and injuries this season plus the absence of Toney for the bulk of the season.

However, when opposition fans take the piss out of our club it is unpleasant but not surprising. Under the current ownership we are a complete and utter shambles on and off the pitch. Not paying bills to suppliers, not paying transfer fees. Selling two key players on the eve of a season and having to play basically a reserve side until October. Then in a further kick to the bollocks, most of our first team will be leaving on frees in the summer PLUS starting the new Championship on -2.

It could well be a very uncomfortable season in the Championship unless this clown of an owner leaves ASAP.

Perfectly said.

Seasons in top flight...

Sufc = 63
Bfc = 8.

Back in your place you entitled lager top drinking cunts
I always think comments like this, ‘about back in your place’ are just as arrogant as their comments.
Their place is in the Premier League at the moment. They have played their way up there and avoid relegation. They might have a rich owner but their success is more down to the systems and processes that they have in place than the owners money. It’s totally irrelevant how many more years that we have had in the top league compared to them.
Next season we will be in the Championship, as that’s our place with the owners and players that we have and Brentford will still be in their Premier League place.

It wasn't even nearly that interesting

If it wasn't for our fans it would've been perfect atmospheric conditions for a 4hr flight to Greece. Just nothing.

The responses are symptomatic of Premier League fans as a whole. On other “View Froms”, and on Twitter, opposition fans have rejoiced that we will go down as we “bring nothing to the league”. What does this even mean? Sheffield United are a decent sized club that bring a (mostly) full stadium of fans and a large away support. One could argue that by those terms, and let’s face it, fans are nought but window dressing to this league, we bring more than Bournemouth or Brentford, or even Fulham.

The football has been poor but even this has provided entertainment (obviously not for us). And arguably, fans of these snobby teams might actually be thankful that there are teams in the league who they can beat!

Modern fans are weird, it’s not enough to beat a team or be better than them, you have to hate the club and the fans, and want them gone, even where no genuine rivalry exists.

They need to remember they're "only" Brentford..

And we will see them down the leagues with us again, I'm certain..

We were talking to 6 Spanish lads in the pub next to the ground after the game, who travel to random games all over Europe. they support Espanyol and Barcelona, but say Barca has just become too touristy for them. 2 things they did say, Souza is quite possibly the worst player ever to wear their shirt, they were hoping to laugh at him on Saturday.
And Sheffield United are the most passionate, loudest fans they have seen so far, especially when losing.

I admire how Brentford have made it to the top flight and hung around, largely through shrewd investment, scouting and being run properly. Them making it to the Premier League is at a similar level to if Rotherham were to get there through the same means, they're that level of club in my opinion. Brentford are the blueprint on how to get yourself to the top level and for that they deserve the utmost credit.

Being a Premier League club doesn't make you a big one though, its just makes you a more relevant one to the masses across the world. I can't imagine many people round the world adopt Brentford as their team any more than they do Palace, Brighton, Fulham, Bournemouth or ourselves - football irrelevances in the grand scheme of things.

As much as we hate Wednesday, they are a big, well supported club, who are just not as relevant as Brentford are currently. Likewise Leeds and other clubs like Derby, Sunderland, Ipswich, West Brom, Coventry, Norwich, Leicester, Southampton, Middlesbrough etc.

Wigan had their moment in the sun and are back at the sort of level we expect them to be at, Swansea and Cardiff likewise, Hull got to the cup final, Bolton were a good side for years under Big Sam.

The game tends to go around in a cycle. At the moment it's Brentford's time to shine though I dare say if some decent sides come up from the Championship and Ivan Toney buggers off, they'll need to be looking over their shoulders because they could be on a one way trip to the Championship like some of the others.

Leyton orient were here in derby Saturday.
They brought 1,700 .
They were in every real ale boozer in derby and there's lots.
For a club that lives in the shadow of west ham , arsenal, Tottenham and basically not much to play for I found them amazing.
I've been to orient a few times with the blades and to me a proper london club great fanbase very loyal.
I saw them in 90s at millmoor in a play off game they won and they brought 2000 that night.
A bloke I met there told me about how Clapton orient sent there whole squad to the war and none came back and every year orient fans go over in tribute to the graves
To me my favourite london club .
Brentford is famous for nothing except the 4 pubs at the old Griffin Park and where green street was set .
Swings and roundabouts I'm sure our paths will cross again

I admire how Brentford have made it to the top flight and hung around, largely through shrewd investment, scouting and being run properly. Them making it to the Premier League is at a similar level to if Rotherham were to get there through the same means, they're that level of club in my opinion. Brentford are the blueprint on how to get yourself to the top level and for that they deserve the utmost credit.

Being a Premier League club doesn't make you a big one though, its just makes you a more relevant one to the masses across the world. I can't imagine many people round the world adopt Brentford as their team any more than they do Palace, Brighton, Fulham, Bournemouth or ourselves - football irrelevances in the grand scheme of things.

As much as we hate Wednesday, they are a big, well supported club, who are just not as relevant as Brentford are currently. Likewise Leeds and other clubs like Derby, Sunderland, Ipswich, West Brom, Coventry, Norwich, Leicester, Southampton, Middlesbrough etc.

Wigan had their moment in the sun and are back at the sort of level we expect them to be at, Swansea and Cardiff likewise, Hull got to the cup final, Bolton were a good side for years under Big Sam.

The game tends to go around in a cycle. At the moment it's Brentford's time to shine though I dare say if some decent sides come up from the Championship and Ivan Toney buggers off, they'll need to be looking over their shoulders because they could be on a one way trip to the Championship like some of the others.

It depends how it goes for them from here, as they are up for sale it would seem:

Back
Top Bottom