A little advice ......................

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Snake

Reaction score
for any Blades out there who are, like me, prone to a bit of depression (or rather generally pissedoffwiththings...sion); do not log on to this forum for a couple of days following a defeat. For fuck sake, some of the posters on here would make a Buddhist monk depressed.

Early start for Blackburn, freezing cold, got in that plastic pub next to the ground then stood 10 deep at the bar to buy a pint of shit. Went to the ground and drank some more overpriced shit. First half..... I thought we were a tad unlucky. I thought we shaded it, they played deep and hit us on the break. At half time I was mildly optimistic that we'd do a QPR away last season and come roaring back. How wrong was I. Second half we were dog shit.

Didn't bother with a drink after the game, just sat in traffic jams listening to Middlesborough all but reduce our goal difference to shreds (with of course the extra 3 points too). Then fuckin pigs scored. Oh what a day.

I was pissed off and thoroughly miserable, so I avoided this site like the plague. I don't need people to rub dog shit and piss in the wounds - it hurts enough.

Now, it's a lovely crisp morn, got my Blackburn cup tickets, can't wait for Reading tomorrow and feeling on the top of the world! We are Blades, we've been there done that got the teeshirt, got the badges, got the scars. Just logged on to here for first time since Friday.

We are 4 points clear of 3rd place with a game in hand. We go again tomorrow. We are in the quarter final of the FA Cup, with a very realistic chance of a Wembley semi final.

What a fuckin fantastic season we are having. Onwards and upwards with the mighty Blades ⚔️⚔️⚔️

Last edited:

Would love to know the usage stats for the Shoutbox and match thread when we are losing or when we have lost. I bet there's a massive spike compared to when we've won/winning.

A vast majority of users are only happy when they have something to whinge about. They must get a weird kick out of it.

We are not out of this by a long way so keep the faith Blades - until it's not mathmatically possible that is ;)

UTMB

for any Blades out there who are, like me, prone to a bit of depression (or rather generally pissedoffwiththings...sion); do not log on to this forum for a couple of days following a defeat. For fuck sake, some of the posters on here would make a Buddhist monk depressed.

Early start for Blackburn, freezing cold, got in that plastic pub next to the ground then stood 10 deep at the bar to buy a pint of shit. Went to the ground and drank some more overpriced shit. First half..... I thought we were a tad unlucky. I thought we shaded it, they played deep and hit us on the break. At half time I was mildly optimistic that we'd do a QPR away last season and come roaring back. How wrong was I. Second half we were dog shit.

Didn't bother with a drink after the game, just sat in traffic jams listening to Middlesborough all but reduce our goal difference to shreds (with of course the extra 3 points too). Then fuckin pigs scored. Oh what a day.

I was pissed off and thoroughly miserable, so I avoided this site like the plague. I don't need people to rub dog shit and piss in the wounds - it hurts enough.

Now, it's a lovely crisp morn, got my Blackburn cup tickets, can't wait for Reading tomorrow and feeling on the top of the world! We are Blades, we've been there done that got the teeshirt, got the badges, got the scars. Just logged on to here for first time since Friday.

We are 4 points clear of 3rd place with a game in hand. We go again tomorrow. We are in the quarter final of the FA Cup, with a very realistic chance of a Wembley semi final.

What a fuckin fantastic season we are having. Onwards and upwards with the mighty Blades ⚔️⚔️⚔️
“and the pain was enough to make a bold shy Buddhist reflect and plan a mass murder”

Some on here seem to actively revel in telling us all just how shit we are and seem to love it when we have a poor result. Got to the point where I have my suspicions on a couple on whether they are just wendies on the wind up with subtle little digs at United and how we will inevitably fail. We might do but these posters have been doing it a long time now and disappear when we are doing well. Rather than getting wound up with them on here as I was finding myself starting to do, I'm finally used the ignore button and about 3 of them are on there now. I don't miss their 'positive' contributions to debate on here. They just pull you and most others down. I'll happily praise United and if warranted I will unhappily criticise United but I try to call it fair. Some just do the latter and seem to cream themselves doing it. Put them on ignore.

Some on here seem to actively revel in telling us all just how shit we are and seem to love it when we have a poor result. Got to the point where I have my suspicions on a couple on whether they are just wendies on the wind up with subtle little digs at United and how we will inevitably fail. We might do but these posters have been doing it a long time now and disappear when we are doing well. Rather than getting wound up with them on here as I was finding myself starting to do, I'm finally used the ignore button and about 3 of them are on there now. I don't miss their 'positive' contributions to debate on here. They just pull you and most others down. I'll happily praise United and if warranted I will unhappily criticise United but I try to call it fair. Some just do the latter and seem to cream themselves doing it. Put them on ignore.
People just process things differently. Once you accept that, Clapper can live in harmony with the slashiest of Slasher.

I'd be interested to look at a correlation between the views of those of those who go to the game, and those who watch on TV. For whatever reason, it seems to me that watching on TV brings out the entitlement in people and anything short of a 3-0 victory with no chances for the opposition is unacceptable to them. Being at the match, it's much easier to feel the atmosphere and see how the other team are doing everything they can to stop us.

As the OP says, we're having an outstanding season. Back in August we'd have snatched at the offer of being four points clear of third with a game in hand. We're currently on exactly the same points as we had at the same stage in the 'vintage' season with Wilder.

If anyone isn't (on balance) enjoying this, they should probably consider whether or not football is the right thing for them.

The anonymity on here encourages negative Noras. There's a chap sits behind us who constantly criticises United players throughout the game but never seems to show much enthusiasm when something good happens. All we hear is a constant high volume tirade of negativity. At Blackburn on Saturday I had a loud foul mouthed bloke sitting behind me who moaned from the first minute - trotted out every football cliche known to man - accompanied by just about every imaginable swear word. I don't understand how they can get so wound up and angry. It's difficult to ignore them when they're sitting behind you - at least on here you don't have to bother reading it

Spot on Geordie, it's also worth remembering who we have just played as well. The 3 losses have come against sides all in the top 7 with two of those games away from home. Both of those away losses were by one goal amd in all three matches we have had spells of being well on top.

I like this post but we longer have a game in hand unfortunately. It's not over yet. Fine margins going against us at the moment. It was those margins going our way early season that put us so far ahead. Luck is evening itself out as the season progresses. Keep the faith! It'll turn back soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom