A joint Sheffield Team!?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hello everyone, I was just in the shower washing myself and I pondered would it be best if we joint forces with Sheffield Wednesday to create a joint Super Sheffield team!

Now before anyone criticises me, I would like to clarify that I am a massive United fan, possibly the biggest fan going. Most people are made up 80% water, 10% bone and 10% muscles. When I was at the doctors they found that I was only 5% water, 10% bone, 10% muscle and 75% Sheffield United!! I've even named my kids after my favourite players, my eldest daughter Jon Harley Davidson and my son Christian Nade Davidson.

We have around 30,000 fans and Sheffield Wednesday have around 30,000 fans also. If my calculations are correct when we join forces we'd have around 60,000 fans. With more supporters we would be able to generate more income through increased merchandise and ticket sales. With an enlarged fan base we'd also increased interest from investors who would look to put funds into the club, so we could then solidify a position in the Premier League. From then on we'd likely secure a top 4 finish, win the league and eventually win the Champions League. I think we'd all be happy with that?

How about the kit you may ask? Well I've thought about this and as we are currently higher in the football pyramid, we would get priority. So to incorporate both us and Sheffield Wednesday, our shirt would still be red and white stripes, but the short would be blue and white stripes.

But what would the badge be? Thought it through again. It would simply be an Owl with Blades as it's talons. Simple!

Lastly what about our existing chants? Well to start off with the Boxing Days chants would be removed as they would now be redundant. Sheffield Wednesday's little bouncing chant would be removed as it silly and juvenile. Chants regarding specific players would still be permitted. Other than that I would propose instead of songs, we would instead make loud sounds to intimidate the opposition. When the opposite team have got the ball we would hoot loudly like an owl to disturb their play and when we score would make a large clanging noise in celebration to symbolise the clanging of two blades.

As you can clearly see, there are no downsides to this plan! Should we go ahead with this? I think so.
You know what, I think you might be on to something here! Count me in!!

On paper it is a stupidly good idea. 60,000 fans, one club city, perennial mid table prem club, dabble in europe every now and then.

The reality is that fans from both clubs would just fuck off and support someone else (Sheffield, Hallam etc..). I would hate it, you would hate it, we all would hate it.

And for that reason, I'm out.

Only signed up this month and with it containing such a ridiculous suggestion it could be a Dozy bot account.

Good job Dozy's takeover is going down the pan as merging with that lot is an avenue he may think about if he did get control of us!

I see they left the gates open at the S6 asylum again.

Hello everyone, I was just in the shower washing myself and I pondered would it be best if we joint forces with Sheffield Wednesday to create a joint Super Sheffield team!

Now before anyone criticises me, I would like to clarify that I am a massive United fan, possibly the biggest fan going. Most people are made up 80% water, 10% bone and 10% muscles. When I was at the doctors they found that I was only 5% water, 10% bone, 10% muscle and 75% Sheffield United!! I've even named my kids after my favourite players, my eldest daughter Jon Harley Davidson and my son Christian Nade Davidson.

We have around 30,000 fans and Sheffield Wednesday have around 30,000 fans also. If my calculations are correct when we join forces we'd have around 60,000 fans. With more supporters we would be able to generate more income through increased merchandise and ticket sales. With an enlarged fan base we'd also increased interest from investors who would look to put funds into the club, so we could then solidify a position in the Premier League. From then on we'd likely secure a top 4 finish, win the league and eventually win the Champions League. I think we'd all be happy with that?

How about the kit you may ask? Well I've thought about this and as we are currently higher in the football pyramid, we would get priority. So to incorporate both us and Sheffield Wednesday, our shirt would still be red and white stripes, but the short would be blue and white stripes.

But what would the badge be? Thought it through again. It would simply be an Owl with Blades as it's talons. Simple!

Lastly what about our existing chants? Well to start off with the Boxing Days chants would be removed as they would now be redundant. Sheffield Wednesday's little bouncing chant would be removed as it silly and juvenile. Chants regarding specific players would still be permitted. Other than that I would propose instead of songs, we would instead make loud sounds to intimidate the opposition. When the opposite team have got the ball we would hoot loudly like an owl to disturb their play and when we score would make a large clanging noise in celebration to symbolise the clanging of two blades.

As you can clearly see, there are no downsides to this plan! Should we go ahead with this? I think so.
This is absolute comedy gold.

I have been thinking about this for a while and it would be a decent idea

We could be called Something like Sheffield Unitedsday

No doubt everyone will call you a troll and probably me for backing the idea but it is a very good one

If not the merge i would deffo back a groundshare

Wednesday fans absolutely desperate to be as good as United. You'd think they'd be embarrassed about it.

"There are no downsides to this plan"......oh really??!!!!!

I bet you take all types of risks that normal folks consider far beyond the pale, I mean, why bother stopping at a red light? What's the worst that can happen, you lose your life as well as that of a passenger?

Your idea is neither original or workable. If a poll was taken you'd find hostile opposition to such a plan from both sets of supporters.

The best advice I can suggest is that you stop this pretence of evenhandedness and return to your fantasy where your lot and Real Madrid decide to form a breakaway two team league, where you while away your dreams conjuring up the most ridiculous schemes that confirm your dominance, other than struggling to become the footballing super-power you imagine is your destiny.

I can’t believe how many replies this has got

It’s definitely reached critical momentum

50 page minimum. Then resurrected in 2028 for another 25

“Sometimes the best ideas come when you're in the shower. Isaac Newton invented gravity whilst in the shower!” No fecker invented gravity. It was discovered. 😂 Plonker.

“Sometimes the best ideas come when you're in the shower. Isaac Newton invented gravity whilst in the shower!” No fecker invented gravity. It was discovered. 😂 Plonker.
giphy.gif

Never going to happen complete waste of time going on about this subject. heard it all before. I bluntly say what a load of Bull Shit.

Why don't you just fuck off..

On the Blackburn fans forum, a fan on the match day thread highlights the fact that the Sheffield clubs between them pull well over 50k.
United and Wednesday will bumble along, they will never merge.
Sheffield could have one huge football club, but it just won't happen.

P I s s o f f

Stopped reading after the 1st paragraph

And furthermore….. what else would you do in the shower other than wash yourself? 👀

Shit bait... Move on guys. There are fences to be creosoted....walls to be painted and kidneys to be punched.... 😂

Just like being told you're going to be awarded a Jim'll Fix it Badge.

Back
Top Bottom