6 years ago today...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GreasyChipBeattie

Reaction score
'Twas the night before Hillsborough, and all round the town, not a piggy was quiet, and none would back down...
Happy Bouncing-Killer's Day eve' everyone.

Priceless. We're not pulling up trees in the PL, but we are actually in it, for the third season since they posted those comments. If they stay up, they may have a chance of getting where we are, in 2026/27, if they get a new owner, manager, and squad. I don't think there's much chance.
Int it brilliant???
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

By coincidence, I rewatched the full game earlier today. At the time (bring a pessimist), I felt that we were clinging on at the end. Watching it back, Wednesday were very, very lucky to score twice and we absolutely battered them.

I still leapt off the sofa four all four goals today. Absolutely magnificent.

Apart from being pleased to get out of that shit hole alive it was a rather fun day out 😀 and worth the 45 sheets it cost ( robbing bustards )

Probably my favourite game of all time. Just ahead of beating them 3-1 with brown wonder goal and the 3-2 win over forest with our first win in 16 in old first division.

Honestly.

My fave bit was how we started before the goal. Coutts rolling his foot over the ball and knocking it short, complete belief throughout the team, culminating in Brooksy's run that led to the first goal.

I wasn't there, just loved watching on TV. I was there on 26/12/79 which was hellish. This day helped.

Happy anniversary !

I know everyone posts the Duffy goal but for me it was when Clarke scored to make it 0-2.
You can hear the seething.
Yeah, but the bouncing around like they'd won the fucking Champions League and then being able to hear a pin drop is magical.

Joke from the time: Adidas are bringing out the Mark Duffy sports bra, guaranteed to stop tits bouncing!

'Twas the night before Hillsborough, and all round the town, not a piggy was quiet, and none would back down...
What happened next will shock you...

That set of comments is more arrogant and outlandish than the African top 6 Premier League team fans on Twitter.

In case any Piggies come across this (taken from Wikipedia) -

"The Premier League is the highest level of the English football league system. Contested by 20 clubs, it operates on a system of promotion and relegation with the English Football League (EFL). Seasons typically run from August to May, with each team playing 38 matches against all other teams, both home and away.[1] Most games are played on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, with occasional weekday evening fixtures."

Surely Portalk would love to read this? They would deny having said any of those comments though so no point in linking it 🤣

If we go down this year, we are likely to miss out on a reunion yet again 🤣

Lots of sneering comments about us having ‘Pashun’ - they’d give their left trotters to have a team that plays with that now.
How they'd love a Chris Wilder as manager right now 🤣

Like a fine wine, it just improves with age. Serve this one while watching Brooks nutmeg Hunt on repeat, and polish off with a few re-runs of the bounce-killer. A fine supper.

Post match is brilliant too. Changed the layout too by the way in case people were struggling to read the original one. All the old posts have randomly changed for some reason

Another thing about this result in context is that the Pigs were saying we could never come up and compete, comparing the Championship to La Liga. We stood no chance. In the 6 years since, we've been promoted to the PL twice, and reached the championship playoffs too. They've spent a good chunk of that time in L1...

Reading those comments from the arrogant bastard's and knowing what came next both in the match itself and the following 6 years with both clubs is immensely satisfying. How I chuckled at the inane witterings of the daft parrot club.

Reading those comments from the arrogant bastard's and knowing what came next both in the match itself and the following 6 years with both clubs is immensely satisfying. How I chuckled at the inane witterings of the daft parrot club.

Their pre-season comments about us in 2017 are uncannily prescient of their own struggles this year! It could almost be word-for-word what’s happening to them right now.

There’s a complete and utter arsehole I went to school with in the late 80s / early 90s who, prior to this game, had been rampant on Facebook with “dem blades” mockery for years.

I’ve just checked again - not a single post from him since September 24 2017.
Probably dead 💀

Post match is brilliant too. Changed the layout too by the way in case people were struggling to read the original one. All the old posts have randomly changed for some reason

Don't forget the pre-match! If anything it's even more funny than the pre-season!

This has to be my all-time favourite quote!

"Never been so confident ahead of a derby , lets be right there now saying there the favourites because Paul Couts ( who ? ) Billy Sharpe and Leon Clark might be fit , now fucking forgive me but I hardly thing our back four are losing any sleep worrying about that , apparently they play attractive football ! I would be more worried If the usual bunch of cloggers turned up we will batter them no problem"

Don't forget the pre-match! If anything it's even more funny than the pre-season!

This has to be my all-time favourite quote!

"Never been so confident ahead of a derby , lets be right there now saying there the favourites because Paul Couts ( who ? ) Billy Sharpe and Leon Clark might be fit , now fucking forgive me but I hardly thing our back four are losing any sleep worrying about that , apparently they play attractive football ! I would be more worried If the usual bunch of cloggers turned up we will batter them no problem"

It also seems the wanker who wrote that also went out if their way to try and spell the surnames of each of our players incorrectly too, almost as if he was trying too hard to convey his disdain and they he knew absolutely nothing about our lower league players. Too much of a coincidence I think. That came back to bite him on the arse though as these unknowns comprehensively outplayed the players with names he could spell correctly though. He certainly knew about our players after the game.

Back
Top Bottom