6 wins and a draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CyloCybin

Reaction score
That's what's needed to hit that magical 38 points a team historically has needed to be safe.

Can we do it?

With the current team and keeper, probably not. With 3 new signings that boost morale and confidence... Maybe?

I'm not usually a glass half full guy when it comes to United, but I've got a feeling it'll go down to the wire, against all expectations.

Anyone else feeling a least a little optimistic?

That gets us to 28, not 38!

We’d need 9 wins and 2 draws

I reckon 33 or 34 could keep you up this year with all the FFP and low totals of the bottom few.
Really? Who do you think (deductions excluded) is going to finish on less than 40?

That's what's needed to hit that magical 38 points a team historically has needed to be safe.

Can we do it?

With the current team and keeper, probably not. With 3 new signings that boost morale and confidence... Maybe?

I'm not usually a glass half full guy when it comes to United, but I've got a feeling it'll go down to the wire, against all expectations.

Using your maths, a little bit.
Using conventional maths, we're screwed!!

Can we do it?

1704298256226.jpeg

😉😉

We need to win half of our remaining games to have a chance to staying up. Let’s be honest we’re already relegated. Which is why I’m surprised we’re wasting money on loans instead of saving any budget for the summer

We need to win half of our remaining games to have a chance to staying up. Let’s be honest we’re already relegated. Which is why I’m surprised we’re wasting money on loans instead of saving any budget for the summer
Parachute payments 🤞
Might aswell use any available loans, atleast we might get a few injured players back for the championship push.

That gets us to 28, not 38!

We’d need 9 wins and 2 draws

I reckon 33 or 34 could keep you up this year with all the FFP and low totals of the bottom few.
For a long time I thought this was going to be a low year for pts, largely because I thought Bournemouth were bad (turns out they are pretty good). I've reversed my opinion and think we'll need 36+ (unless Forest get an FFP ding). The pack we are chasing are all pretty decent.

There is no chance.

Bringing in players like Brereton on short term deals seems short sited. We should be planning for our next season already. I would tell Jebbo we will fire the Dr who nearly killed him, start him the rest of the season, and use some of that Brereton loan fee as a signing bonus if he signs a new contract.

I’m hoping to just get the 5 wins and reach the magical 12 pts and avoid the total humiliation of this season.

🙈

We have 9 points.
18 games left.
Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle, Liverpool, Man Utd still all to play.

Leaves us with 12 games to try and find 25-30 points. Yeah okay 👍

The difference in money between 20th and 18th makes good loans worthwhile

Can we do it?

You haven't factored in the fact forest might get 10 points deducted so that's the same as 6 wins which means we might not have to win any to catch them

You know what?
We aren't looking past the next game. © Chris Wilder

Good job we're not blowing some of next seasons budget on a loan striker this month hahaha haha 🤣 😂 😅 ..... 😢

I mean when you put it like that it sounds doable. It would be one of the greatest turnarounds in Premier League history though, and we're still relying on 3 other sides to shit the bed, which looks less likely with every passing round of matches.

Can we do it?

Can we do it?

I'm feeling optimistic. The season is not over yet, but we must make an instant improvement starting with the West Ham home match. I think we could get to 38 points based on the following results. None of these are impossible and I'm trying to be optimistic here 😀

West Ham H (3)
Palace A (0)
Villa H (1)
Luton A (1)
Brighton H (3)
Wolves A (1)
Arsenal H (1)
Bornmuff A (3)
Man U A (0)
Fulham H (3)
Liverpool A (0)
Chelsea H (3)
Brentford A (1)
Burnley H (3)
Newcastle A (0)
Forest H (3)
Everton A (0)
Spurs H (3)

29 points from 18 games so 38 is possible.

Feel free to chip in and adjust the above 👍

UTMB

Back
Top Bottom