5 x 3 at home

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
If hecky got the sack for losing 5-0 at Burnley, why are we continuing with Wilder for conceding 5 in three consecutive home games?

I'd rather have hecky that this useless c@nt.

If hecky got the sack for losing 5-0 at Burnley, why are we continuing with Wilder for conceding 5 in three consecutive home games?

I'd rather have hecky that this useless c@nt.

Let's not go overboard, Hecky is a good coach but terrible manager.

However I do agree going back to Wilder was a big mistake...

I reckon Wilder was brought in with next season in mind.
Considering who we might realistically have been able to catch when he came in, this season was all but written off, and staying up would have been an unexpected bonus.
I'm confident he will get us promoted next season.

Considering who we might realistically have been able to catch when he came in, this season was all but written off, and staying up would have been an unexpected bonus.
It was written off before it even started tbh

He still ain't conceded 8 though ;)
Even Hecky never conceded 15 in three at home. If we sacked Hecky for losing 5-0 away, surely 2 x 0-5 and also a 2-5 at home is far worse a situation. As I've said in the past, previously mangers were sacked after conceding 5 at home (Porterfield 2-5 v Norwich 1986 and McEwan 0-5 v Oldham 1988). Wilder concedes x 5 in multiple consecutive games and he still here. It doesn't make any sense.

This is what annoys me though...we should have brought Wilder in this summer for a fresh start. Bringing him in now means he goes into next season under a cloud of negativity with a divided fanbase. We were almost certain to go down after Hecky got the sack, so we should have just brought in someone like Warnock for for the bantz or to build the squad's confidence back up for a new campaign next year. Players will have lost faith in Wilder and vice versa before we even get to next season.

This is what annoys me though...we should have brought Wilder in this summer for a fresh start. Bringing him in now means he goes into next season under a cloud of negativity with a divided fanbase. We were almost certain to go down after Hecky got the sack, so we should have just brought in someone like Warnock for for the bantz or to build the squad's confidence back up for a new campaign next year. Players will have lost faith in Wilder and vice versa before we even get to next season.
I think the squad will have good enough players for them to quickly see how good they are/can be a division below.
I've seen enough of CW to think he'll have them 'up for it' before next season kicks off.
Problem is, if that happens and we do go back up, what then?....

Based on what pal? Genuine question. UTB.

Not only are you underestimating the size of the rebuild but you're also overestimating Wilder's management form over the last 2-3 years.

I would genuinely be amazed if we go straight back up next season.

This has a 5 year rebuild written all over it.

Not only are you underestimating the size of the rebuild but you're also overestimating Wilder's management form over the last 2-3 years.

I would genuinely be amazed if we go straight back up next season.

This has a 5 year rebuild written all over it.
I'm sure about that jono. We have the makings of a very good championship side. I think Wilder is good enough to make something out of them. especially if/when we get the crocked players back.

Based on what pal? Genuine question. UTB.
Assuming you're referring to whether he can get us promoted MB, His first 4 seasons were awesome for us. After that, it was as much to do with not being able to compete once teams sussed us out and we lost O'Connell.
He always said we had to be at our 100% best to get anything in the Prem. He did that for a while, but eventually, the quality of the squad let him down. I believe he is a good man manager, particularly with his own club which I think gets that extra 10% out of him, and in turn gets it out of his players.
Now, a lot will depend on who he can keep, and who he can bring in, but Wes will do fine in the Champ, and with Trusty, McAtee for another season, and Archer up top, we've got one heck of a spine to the team. A couple of additions would maybe make a difference, but even with the current squad, I think we'd have enough at that level.
If we did go up however, then yes, he'd struggle again without some serious investment.

Assuming you're referring to whether he can get us promoted MB, His first 4 seasons were awesome for us. After that, it was as much to do with not being able to compete once teams sussed us out and we lost O'Connell.
He always said we had to be at our 100% best to get anything in the Prem. He did that for a while, but eventually, the quality of the squad let him down. I believe he is a good man manager, particularly with his own club which I think gets that extra 10% out of him, and in turn gets it out of his players.
Now, a lot will depend on who he can keep, and who he can bring in, but Wes will do fine in the Champ, and with Trusty, McAtee for another season, and Archer up top, we've got one heck of a spine to the team. A couple of additions would maybe make a difference, but even with the current squad, I think we'd have enough at that level.
If we did go up however, then yes, he'd struggle again without some serious investment.
Mate, wes mcatee and archer won't be here pal. Along with a lot more. Of course I loved his first four seasons but he's broken now. I wished he wasn't but he is. UTB.

Next up at BDTBL - Arsenal...
......😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

In a record breaking season, surely another ones about to go??

Joe Shaw, Nudger Needham, Eddie Colqhoun, Carl Bradshaw, Mitch Ward and quite a few others would have been so proud,.....

Mate, wes mcatee and archer won't be here pal. Along with a lot more. Of course I loved his first four seasons but he's broken now. I wished he wasn't but he is. UTB.
Yeah, to be fair mate, when it comes to McAtee, Archer and others, it was a pretty sizeable if from me :(
When you look at the Boro and Palace jobs, I can see why you think he's not got it any more, but I still think he will get us performing next season in a lower league...but then I've always been a 'glass 3/4 full' type!!

Simple solution for the rest of the season. Sack Wilder. for each individual game, the fans vote for an ex Blades player to come in and manage the side. They have to play at least 4 home grown academy players and come up with a half time dance routine to be performed again by a player of the fans choosing.

Il start.

For Wolves I want Jags in, and he should tell Holgate to perform a version of the Can Can in front of the kop, because he seems to be unable to keep his legs down.

These threads are pathetic. No offense OP but, they serve no purpose. Sacking CW will achieve what exactly? More disruption that's what.

This for me.

It’s ok saying he’s the man to sort us out.

Did he sort out Middlesbrough or Watford? We’ve had some fantastic times under him, but those times are in the past. He’s been sussed out, in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom