3 Seasons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

MBoreman

S10Blade
Reaction score
A lot of people are suggesting we give Weir till christmas or something along those lines, but with all the changes being made that's nothing. For a manager to make a team fully his own he tends to need about 3 seasons, obviously this may be slightly excessive, but in my eyes Weir has to be given at least this season and the start of the next. There are also a fair few saying his style doesn't work in this division but being up and at 'em does. Maybe that will get you into the Championship quicker but from there you'll have to change your philosophy to challenge at the top of the league and to have any chance in the PL (the obvious example being Swansea, although others who have succeeded still have the same philosophy to a lesser extreme). So, if given time and everyone's backing, hopefully Weir can replace the filth in our squad with more Baxter and Cuvelier quality signings and eventually succeed. Admittedly there will be some poor, dull football along the way, but everyone needs to be patient. Sadly, most people aren't.

If that's the case then he will be starting off on the 4th division unless the squad is altered dramatically over the next few weeks.

My main concern is that we are only playing in our on half, therefore, we are never going to score more than 1 a game as we create absolutely nothing.
It's gutless and spineless and weak because nobody makes the effort to play the football further up the field. They are not capable. It's piss easy to pass it around the back four but they run out of ideas when they get to the half way line.

I was pleased that we actually took the lead today and said that this would be a real test of their ability to play football because the philosophy should dictate we ran out 1-0 winners or tired them out so much chasing us about that we could counter and extend the lead.
It's very telling what actually happened and if you think patience on its own will alter that then you will be waiting a very, very long time.

A lot of people are suggesting we give Weir till christmas or something along those lines, but with all the changes being made that's nothing. For a manager to make a team fully his own he tends to need about 3 seasons, obviously this may be slightly excessive, but in my eyes Weir has to be given at least this season and the start of the next. There are also a fair few saying his style doesn't work in this division but being up and at 'em does. Maybe that will get you into the Championship quicker but from there you'll have to change your philosophy to challenge at the top of the league and to have any chance in the PL (the obvious example being Swansea, although others who have succeeded still have the same philosophy to a lesser extreme). So, if given time and everyone's backing, hopefully Weir can replace the filth in our squad with more Baxter and Cuvelier quality signings and eventually succeed. Admittedly there will be some poor, dull football along the way, but everyone needs to be patient. Sadly, most people aren't.

When the Prince said his aim was the Premier League I had assumed he meant the Barclays Premier League. Maybe Weir misunderstood and thought he meant the Confererence Premier?

When the Prince said his aim was the Premier League I had assumed he meant the Barclays Premier League. Maybe Weir misunderstood and thought he meant the Confererence Premier?
I dunno

There are also a fair few saying his style doesn't work in this division .

That would be the style where we pass it backwards and sideways in our own half before being dispossessed by the opposition who then walk through our painfully slow defence and score - whilst our lone striker looks on in the distance? No, it doesn't work - in this or any other division. And if we persist with it we will be in League 2 next season.

The three seasons that some fans want Weir to have are Autumn, Winter and Spring. I appreciate the results and performances haven't been good, but it is still very early days.

I seem to recall Bournemouth being in the bottom four in October last year. As I said, it is early days

UTB

Let's see what the team looks like at the end of January, shall we?

A lot of you are suffering from premature exasperation!

I seem to recall Bournemouth being in the bottom four in October last year. As I said, it is early days

UTB

Not the best example since Bournemouth changed their manager and appointed Eddie Howe back in October 2012. I'm not arguing that we need to do this but the upturn at Bournemouth came with a change - we have to hope the management here can make a similar change with this (and hopefully a better) squad.

Not the best example since Bournemouth changed their manager and appointed Eddie Howe back in October 2012. I'm not arguing that we need to do this but the upturn at Bournemouth came with a change - we have to hope the management here can make a similar change with this (and hopefully a better) squad.

Might have different circumstances, but I am sure Bournemouth fans were unhappy. Some knee-jerk merchants want to sack him after six matches! Our 'change' could be the investment and some new players via the loan system plus the new signings already made. I don't see that sacking Weir after six league matches is an example of giving him a fair chance.

That would be the style where we pass it backwards and sideways in our own half before being dispossessed by the opposition who then walk through our painfully slow defence and score - whilst our lone striker looks on in the distance? No, it doesn't work - in this or any other division. And if we persist with it we will be in League 2 next season.
Admittedly it's like that now, but hopefully with time the passing and moving will become sharper and quicker, and our penetration and support of the striker will improve. It will also help if Weir is allowed to continue to bring in players of baxter's quality who will be much more comfortable with this style and know how to do it properly. It's a building process, the average age of the squad is in the low 20's, and the young players Weir continues to sign will only improve.

Back
Top Bottom