23/24 Premier League

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jrjrj

Reaction score
Which teams do you want to stay up and who do you want to win the playoffs to maximise our chances next season

For our chances we'd want the stronger teams to go down, so Everton and Leicester.

For the lolz Leeds and Nottingham.

Don't want Boro or Sunderland going up, they have PL pedigree and should be able to get better players than Cov and Luton
sunderland on 69 points will need alot of improvments to be competitive next season. Not saying they won't be if they come up but they are 22 and 32 behind us and Burnley

Would least want Middlesbrough

I have a soft spot for everton, was beat into me from an early age by my late scouse dad.

So I suppose I have to back them to stay up.

Leeds and Leicester down and I'm happy.

I have a soft spot for everton, was beat into me from an early age by my late scouse dad.

So I suppose I have to back them to stay up.

Leeds and Leicester down and I'm happy.
How old are you, Paul?

Reason I ask is that I'm 46. My abiding memory of Everton is us getting relegated to Chelsea on the last day under Bassett whilst Hans Segers let a long range shot slip through his hands and Anders Limpar conned the most laughable penalty out of the ref to turn around a 2-0 deficit to win 3-2 and stay up at our expense.

As far as I'm concerned they are overdue a relegation and it would be even better us passing them on the way up.

Sad thing this year is they are down there with Leeds and Forest and Piggy Vardy and with Southampton already blowing it, we can't have our cake and eat it on this one!

How old are you, Paul?

Reason I ask is that I'm 46. My abiding memory of Everton is us getting relegated to Chelsea on the last day under Bassett whilst Hans Segers let a long range shot slip through his hands and Anders Limpar conned the most laughable penalty out of the ref to turn around a 2-0 deficit to win 3-2 and stay up at our expense.

As far as I'm concerned they are overdue a relegation and it would be even better us passing them on the way up.

Sad thing this year is they are down there with Leeds and Forest and Piggy Vardy and with Southampton already blowing it, we can't have our cake and eat it on this one!
Totally agree. Everyone mentions Segers diving over the ball but the Limpar ‘penalty’ was a disgrace. He basically nudged the ball passed the defender and dived beautifully over the defender’s leg. Would be a booking for simulation theses days. How the ref gave it is anyone’s guess…….

How old are you, Paul?

Younger than you, you old bastard ;)

Seriously though, I'm 38 and although I remember that relegation season, I must admit I was too young to appreciate the magnitude of that sequence of events.

Your points are fair however, but again, would want everton to stay up for the old man, no matter how unpopular that opinion might be here.

I’d imagine Luton would have to spend a fair chunk of change getting the ground up to standard. That could help in terms of completing against them for players

I'd really like Luton to get promoted, if for no other reason than to see the Premier League's top players faces when they get off the coach and see their ground! 🤣
I think Luton deserve it overall. Whichever way you slice it.

I'd also be backing Coventry over Mid and Sun. Coventry have rebuilt and worked their way up very impressively... And would finish 20th without doubt.

Luton to win playoffs as it would take 'unfancied upstart underdog' status away from us in the media and allow us to quietly go about our business as all the spotlight will be on them and Vincent Kompany's Burnley. Meanwhile Luton will have to spend most of their windfall on the ground or maybe even negotiate a groundshare with a London club for a season, neither of which will do much for their chances of staying up.

Failing that why not Sunderland, yes they're a "big name" but they still have essentially a League One squad, it'd be like if we'd managed to go up in 17/18 when we weren't quite ready for it.

Relegation-wise, so long as Leeds go down I don't really care about the other two now it looks like West Ham are safe.

Which teams do you want to stay up and who do you want to win the playoffs to maximise our chances next season
Does it really matter ?
There will be half a dozen sides fighting relegation whichever ones go up from the play offs or get relegated from the PL.
We will be one of them, but have a decent chance of being 17th.

I still won’t believe we’re in the Premier League until I see the fixture list.

Totally agree. Everyone mentions Segers diving over the ball but the Limpar ‘penalty’ was a disgrace. He basically nudged the ball passed the defender and dived beautifully over the defender’s leg. Would be a booking for simulation theses days. How the ref gave it is anyone’s guess…….
Just wondering …… is there still highlights of this match anywhere ? Not seen them for years but it still needs unearthing every now and then to satisfy the injustice those of us still feel towards the fact that no action (I think) was taken against the alleged match fixing rumours that were flying about at the time.

For our chances we'd want the stronger teams to go down, so Everton and Leicester.

For the lolz Leeds and Nottingham.

Don't want Boro or Sunderland going up, they have PL pedigree and should be able to get better players than Cov and Luton

Glad Sunderland are out of the picture

I would prefer Luton or Coventry to go up but not overall bothered really, it is in our hands as to if we stay up or not at this moment in time. The annoying thing about the North East clubs is the emphasis on and obsession the media has with them being a "hotbed for football" when you look at the North East the cities and catchment areas are huge with only 1 club competing and not much else in terms of professional sport unless you are in the very small minority of egg chasing.

Back
Top Bottom