2 lady commentary team

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Alex Cheeseright

Reaction score
First time I've heard an all female commentary team and I thought they were excellent. Not sure their names but they were not biased, very accurate in their analysis during the game. They put some of the dopes we hear to shame. I'll sound sexist here but I usually can not take a female commentator but these two have changed my mind.

First time I've heard an all female commentary team and I thought they were excellent. Not sure their names but they were not biased, very accurate in their analysis during the game. They put some of the dopes we hear to shame. I'll sound sexist here but I usually can not take a female commentator but these two have changed my mind.
I thought they were accurate as well, very scathing of our squad, performance, tactics and prospects!

Is the last sentence a freudian slip and maybe you would like to rephrase it. :)
Feel some rascal might misinterpret it.

Is the last sentence a freudian slip and maybe you would like to rephrase it. :)
Yes, probably not the best of phrases to use on this forum

I, for one, certainly wouldn't have and didn't notice the mistake at all until you pointed it out.

I, for one, certainly wouldn't have and didn't notice the mistake at all until you pointed it out.
I have no doubt you may not have noticed, not a mistake but a freudian slip me thinks.
Easy enough, starved of football for two weeks, then at last a chance to listen to your team on radio/tv and the bastards put two ladies on commentary, quote, 'enough to drive a man insane', I'd say more than any normal man can stand. 😵

Agree with that. They obviously knew the teams and were very good at being very honest on their assessment of us in particular.

One of them obviously being Courtney Sweetman-Kirk who played for Sheffield United women until quite recently.

She did a pretty decent job and wasn't afraid to lay into us for not having any style or plan within the game.

I actually thought she went too far though. She criticised us rightly but then kept repeating the same criticisms over and over to the point when I noticed it was said in my head ‘alright calm down, we’re shit, but move on and do some analysis’.

She also said Anel had a great range of passing and that Foderingham’s distribution was usually really good - both incorrect - but on the whole it was decent enough. Just felt a bit too incessant with the negative criticisms

sweetman kirk is one of the few pundits i can listen to
the other commentator was simply reacting to her observations
she was spot on
her most incisive was when she said we were caught between a low block and reacting to the crowds frustrations and getting drawn to the ball in a half arsed press
this was very early on and the reason she kept repeating it is because nothing changed except the scoreline

she didnt mention it again second half when we made changes but it was tactically more of the same

dont know which one it was but one constantly called us blades not even the blades which i thought sounded quite good.

Back
Top Bottom