1st half vs 2nd half difference

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
I'll sum it up in 4 sentences;

Anel - Sulky cry baby who doesn't want to be here.
Souza - Disorganized footballer who confuses the fuck out of his teammates
Mcatee - Luxury player suited to a team that dominate possession, unwilling to defend.
Osula - Raw and not ready for Prem or possibly even Championship football.

(*Side note, I've been a staunch supporter of Osula and a big critic of Mcb, but the difference between a wily Mcb and a raw Osula was night and day, I now have to question whether Osula will be Championship level ready for next season.)

Mcatee - Luxury player suited to a team that dominate possession, unwilling to defend.

(*Side note, I've been a staunch supporter of Osula and a big critic of Mcb, but the difference between a wily Mcb and a raw Osula was night and day, I now have to question whether Osula will be Championship level ready for next season.
A pretty fait assessment, if a bit harsh on McAtee.

I've often dispaired at McBurnie, but he played very well yesterday, both front and back. When he went off we lost any realistic hope of being able to defend multiple crosses. And Bournemouth knew it.

It's shocking that we rely so heavily defensively on a striker, even worse that it's one who consistently struggles to stay fit/not pick up needless bookings..

Not been as angry at a player (Anel) since Baxter. 8 years ago. But fucking show some respect to your employer.

So we're saying one of our strengths is the defending of our striker???

Call me controversial but surely we need defenders who can defend.....
100% but the reality is that McB is arguably our best header in defensive situations from set pieces.

Needed some aerial dominance at the back for a while imho.

What's Shaun Murphy up to these days? Not the snooker player.

(*Side note, I've been a staunch supporter of Osula and a big critic of Mcb, but the difference between a wily Mcb and a raw Osula was night and day, I now have to question whether Osula will be Championship level ready for next season.)
Osula is league 1 at best. Yes he's raw but honestly I cannot see what he brings to the team he can't even control the ball, being fair to him though he's not the only one!

Osula is league 1 at best. Yes he's raw but honestly I cannot see what he brings to the team he can't even control the ball, being fair to him though he's not the only one!
I don't want to be that guy, but if one more person mentions League One and Osula/Brooks in the same sentence, I'm going to scream. Think back a few years .. League One is filled with cloggers and shit football.

He's a young kid. Give him a fucking break.

If you want specifics, what he brings to the team is a lot more energy than McPub and his running stretches defences and lengthens the pitch. If we're to ever function as a semi-decent side again, we'll need to gain possession and have people carrying the ball out of midfield, then you'll see the benefit of having a striker with power and pace. Whilst we're just pumping it aimlessly then McShithouse will always seem like the better option. Especially if he wins headers when defending corners.

I don't want to be that guy, but if one more person mentions League One and Osula/Brooks in the same sentence, I'm going to scream. Think back a few years .. League One is filled with cloggers and shit football.

If you want specifics, what he brings to the team is a lot more energy than McPub and his running stretches defences and lengthens the pitch. If we're to ever function as a semi-decent side again, we'll need to gain possession and have people carrying the ball out of midfield, then you'll see the benefit of having a striker with power and pace. Whilst we're just pumping it aimlessly then McShithouse will always seem like the better option. Especially if he wins headers when defending corners.

IMG_3436.jpeg

Only my opinion mate, and I hope he proves me wrong I can only say what I see. Gladly I hope he comes good, and we have a star on our hands, but having watched the blades since the 60s and no I'm not the biggest blade. As for Mcburnie we can't keep fucking players what cannot complete 90mins! Get rid!!

For me I don’t think he’ll end up a league 1 player, but he should have been allowed time to develop lower down the pyramid. The last season and a half of coming on to run around a lot or warm our bench have definitely put the pair of them back a few steps in the development arc.

For me I don’t think he’ll end up a league 1 player, but he should have been allowed time to develop lower down the pyramid. The last season and a half of coming on to run around a lot or warm our bench have definitely put the pair of them back a few steps in the development arc.
I'd argue training with our ridiculously piss poor strength and conditioning regime, and at a club that has no idea how to develop young players will have harmed him more than anything....

A pretty fait assessment, if a bit harsh on McAtee.

I've often dispaired at McBurnie, but he played very well yesterday, both front and back. When he went off we lost any realistic hope of being able to defend multiple crosses. And Bournemouth knew it.

It's shocking that we rely so heavily defensively on a striker, even worse that it's one who consistently struggles to stay fit/not pick up needless bookings..
It's quite funny really, as anytime I read in here arguments for playing/retaining McBurnie the main argument is that he's good at defending set pieces and we're worse off at defending them when he's subbed off/not playing/injured.

We paid £17mil for him to be a striker and goalscorer and he's atrocious at this. If he's so good at being a defender then play him as a centre back or get rid of him altogether. He's rubbish at his job but apparently good at other people's.

I'm personally sick of the sight of him. I only care about one thing. Goals. When he's had decent service he's been average at best. At least Ndiaye could create chances for himself.

If it wasn't for Brewster he'd have gone down as our most expensive mistake in my eyes.

I'll give credit where it's due when he plays well but we need to move forward as a club and retaining McBurnie would keep us in the past. He's an injury prone, average unreliable striker who badly lacks discipline.

100% but the reality is that McB is arguably our best header in defensive situations from set pieces.

Needed some aerial dominance at the back for a while imho.

What's Shaun Murphy up to these days? Not the snooker player.
Mcbernie gets on the end of balls into our box from set plays must be as good as most defenders at it.
Go to the other end ( attack) and he is clueless can't get clear headers in or show any accuracy, it is easy for someone with his height and a good spring to attack the ball he just can't
Finish.
We have so many players who can head the ball up getting no distance on the clearance which means it comes back in ! Paid the price numerous times this season ,our record with 2nd balls must be the worst in the division we just as a group don't react quickly enough to snuff out any 2nd ball danger.
Lack of confidence is a major problem as it slows reactions.
Clean sheets breeds confidence we have kept one swy no more.

Some commentator pointed out that we lost all capabilities to hold up the ball by our strikers after subs of McBurnie and Brereton Diaz
With the players we had in the end we ran out of space to breath and opponent just added pressure on us

It's quite funny really, as anytime I read in here arguments for playing/retaining McBurnie the main argument is that he's good at defending set pieces and we're worse off at defending them when he's subbed off/not playing/injured.

We paid £17mil for him to be a striker and goalscorer and he's atrocious at this. If he's so good at being a defender then play him as a centre back or get rid of him altogether. He's rubbish at his job but apparently good at other people's.

I'm personally sick of the sight of him. I only care about one thing. Goals. When he's had decent service he's been average at best. At least Ndiaye could create chances for himself.

If it wasn't for Brewster he'd have gone down as our most expensive mistake in my eyes.

I'll give credit where it's due when he plays well but we need to move forward as a club and retaining McBurnie would keep us in the past. He's an injury prone, average unreliable striker who badly lacks discipline.

Also, he probably could and should have bagged himself a goal on Saturday.

He is good at some things, not so good at other things and isn't fit enough when we need him to be. Ideally we needed him doing the full 90 against Bournemouth and we might have got all 3 points.

We should have left mcburnie on. He's leaving anyway at the end of the season so why is Wilder protecting him. Also 3 weeks to recover after this game.

I don't buy he can't do a full 90, absolute load of bollocks these pro footballers can only play 60 minutes of football once in 3 weeks. Take him off then 5 mins later mcatee leaves his man at a corner and they score a free header. He was worth keeping on just to defend corners.

Didn't watch the game but heard a few positive things. Was happy to see a midfielder 3 of Hamer, Davies and Arblaster. So who played the 'souza role' then?

Don't know why we're debating mcburnie, he's already packed his bags..

Osula, at least he's fit and on the pitch, it's ok to judge him unlike some others who are hiding under a rock..

"Disorganised footballer who confuses the fuck out of his team mates"

That's one of the best possible snapshot descriptions of Souza and probably explains a lot of the strangeness we've seen in midfield all season

4 sentences…

But I do agree with pretty much everything there.

We need better coming off the bench. Issue is some of our fans rate Anel and Souza as our better players. Both will be okay in the Championship. But Osula won’t score more than 5 in championship.

We should have left mcburnie on. He's leaving anyway at the end of the season so why is Wilder protecting him. Also 3 weeks to recover after this game.

I don't buy he can't do a full 90, absolute load of bollocks these pro footballers can only play 60 minutes of football once in 3 weeks. Take him off then 5 mins later mcatee leaves his man at a corner and they score a free header. He was worth keeping on just to defend corners.

There was a good chance he was going to get himself sent off again. Defenders were playing him as usual, he gave some back and got booked, then starting gobbing off to the ref.

There was a good chance he was going to get himself sent off again. Defenders were playing him as usual, he gave some back and got booked, then starting gobbing off to the ref.
He got booked for elbowing Mepham but it was absolutely bullshit he only had his eyes on the ball

"Disorganised footballer who confuses the fuck out of his team mates"

That's one of the best possible snapshot descriptions of Souza and probably explains a lot of the strangeness we've seen in midfield all season

Tell me about it.

Do I think he's a bad footballer... no not really.
Do I think he's given up the fight... no not neccesarily.

Do I think he plays to the beat of his own drum..... 100000% absolutely.

Good point, we all know his disciplinary record is atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom