18/04/10 - Sheffield Wednesday v. Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blades1889

Reaction score
Doesn anyone know when piggy's vs united tickets be on sale?
(where gonna do the double this season ;) )

I reckon there'll go on sale the day after the Scunthorpe game. They can also be very sensible and release them the day before to make it easier for alot of people.

Although, I can see it being the day after Cardiff just to be awkward! :rolleyes:

Details are now on the OS.

They've only given us the Upper Tier (2800 seats) but more may be available if required. On sale from 24th March to 15000+ Loyalty Points

More available if required.....I think they're getting us and them mixed up.

Details are now on the OS.

They've only given us the Upper Tier (2800 seats) but more may be available if required. On sale from 24th March to 15000+ Loyalty Points

The same day as Cardiff away, just to make things awkward. Nice thought process there :rolleyes:

The same day as Cardiff away, just to make things awkward. Nice thought process there :rolleyes:

I think Foxy'll be sorting them out in the morning before you go.

If you can't get down, let him know what you need and under which numbers.

I think Foxy'll be sorting them out in the morning before you go.

If you can't get down, let him know what you need and under which numbers.

It's ok, I've got to wait until the Thursday anyway so that I can get my Dad a ticket sorted. Will nip in on the way back home Thursday.

It just infuriates me that they release them on days when they know we have an away game.

As a part timer nowadays due to living 200 miles away (no season ticket and limited loyalty points), does anyone know what my chances are of getting a couple of tickets for the pigs match as I happen to be in Sheffield that weekend?

As a part timer nowadays due to living 200 miles away (no season ticket and limited loyalty points), does anyone know what my chances are of getting a couple of tickets for the pigs match as I happen to be in Sheffield that weekend?

Depending on whether or not we get the increased allocation, you'd probably be able to get one. I'm sure a couple of people on here who aren't going might let you use their points... it's been known in the past.

Quite easily if the allocation goes up - if we're going there having lost 10 away games on the bounce we'll struggle to sell 6,000.

Love that strapon's posturing, in the very unlikely event that it plays out as he envisages, would lead to wednesday fans being below Blades and in what they know as the 'piss shower zone'.

This is the most amusing thing Lee has done! I bet they charge us for the beam back as well.

So their ground will have even fewer fans than last time. Its not like they sell all their tickets ever

It's ok, I've got to wait until the Thursday anyway so that I can get my Dad a ticket sorted. Will nip in on the way back home Thursday.

It just infuriates me that they release them on days when they know we have an away game.

Why?vif you're going to Cardiff away you will be off work and will have time o nip down to the lane, evn better If you're on the coach

Why?vif you're going to Cardiff away you will be off work and will have time o nip down to the lane, evn better If you're on the coach

Even better if Foxy drops him off in the car park whilst delivering him back to Sheffield on Thursday ;)

We'll nip in on Wednesday morning for ours before setting off for Wales.

I think he believes playing in front of empty seats calms his team down and makes them play better...

That and this way he can claim he's listening to their calls to give us less tickets after we had the cheek to give such a massive club only the lower tier....

Then, closer to the time, say that the snorters are FUDDING too much and sales aren't going as well as expected, so he's releasing more to us to get important funds in.

The usual Strafford no-lose standpoint, without actually doing anything but talk.

That and in the event of any requested beam back they'll charge us through the teeth again and pocket all the money, when the other way round, we did it at cost price and donated it to charity, effectively paying double.

This will be the day of all days when the mighty Blades relegate the piggy scum. They want as few Blades in as possible. They know it's coming and are secretly cacking it.
I will even go on the pigs stand if I can't get an away end tkt. Would'nt miss it for the world.

Birch ought to take this opportunity with them only offering us the top tier.
We ought to screen this at Bramall Lane, therefore not giving them a bumper crowd pumping up their average, and also not putting extra money in their coffers.

Extra details:

Tickets are priced £21 Adults and £12 Concessions (Juniors Under 18, Seniors over 60, Students in full time education)

9 pairs of wheelchair and helper tickets are available priced at £10 per pair. Please contact Liz at Sheffield Wednesday on 0871 995 1867 to book these.

This match is a Category A fixture therefore 50 loyalty points will be issued to supporters purchasing tickets.

Wednesday Tickets

When do you think we will sell out the original 2800?

Cant get my ticket until tuesday cos of loyalty points so i hope they dont sell out before then

I wudn't worry too much .............. with the squad we've got yer might even get a game ! :D

This caught my eye on the pig site.

If SWFC has no previous purchase record [for someone trying to buy seats in the pig stands], we will contact SUFC, who will then check that the individual/s concerned is not on their database. If anyone is found to be on the SUFC database then the tickets purchased for this game will be cancelled with no refunds given.

What it doesn't go on to explain is both club's liability under the Data Protection Act and the potential shitstorm they could face by doing the above...

This caught my eye on the pig site.

What it doesn't go on to explain is both club's liability under the Data Protection Act and the potential shitstorm they could face by doing the above...

Quite right and I thought the same myself. I used to work in a financial organisation that was FSA regulated and the rules are quite clear on such things.

I'm not quite sure how they legally intend to do this, unless there are loop-holes relative to public interest.

Quite right and I thought the same myself. I used to work in a financial organisation that was FSA regulated and the rules are quite clear on such things.

I'm not quite sure how they legally intend to do this, unless there are loop-holes relative to public interest.

Glad it wasn't just me.

If I were buying tickets with United, I would NOT want them passing my details on to SWFC in order to check me out.

I've popped an email through to the Football Supporters Federation, it's the kind of thing they like to look into.

What happens if you are just a general football fan? who is on the Blades database from previously watching a few games in the Premier but last bought a pig ticket before they brought in the database?

You'd be screwed.

Glad it wasn't just me.

If I were buying tickets with United, I would NOT want them passing my details on to SWFC in order to check me out.

I've popped an email through to the Football Supporters Federation, it's the kind of thing they like to look into.

I wonder what Sheffield United's point of view on this is.

Surely they should be verifying this BEFORE they sell tickets?

The season Wolves went up we were in Plymouth on holiday and went to watch Plymouth v Wolves.

When we went to Holme Park to buy our tickets and gave our address we came up as season ticket holders at SUFC. When questioned about how they knew they told us all fans are on the National Police Football Fan Data Base or what ever it's called.

Ticket update

The initial 2800 have sold out and we've now got a further 2000 tickets on the lower tier.

Tickets are being sold to those with 9000+ loyalty points today.

LINKY

Got my ticket in the post this morning, I cant actually believe I am going given what my expectations are. Ah well there is one born every minute.

Back
Top Bottom