13 to go. How many do you think we will win?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
I would have thought with 13 more matches to go, even to stand a remote chance of staying up we needed a minmumum of 8 wins.
Before last night I thought we might scrape two or three wins but now personally I cant see a win comming from anywhere.
How many do you think we will get?
4? 3? 2? 1? none?

My vote is none.

Not looking forward to next seasons Steel City derby already. Please dont let it be Boxing Day.

None for me, I can't see any team that we are capable of beating in our run in - Feb was massive for us, and we have bottled out of it beyond belief, last night would appear to have confirmed that.

Not having won in 13, or at all this year, lose Saturday and we could go all the way winless, March dont look very promising

Well pick up a couple of wins after relegation is confirmed. Well batter a promotion bound Swansea away and it will mean fuck all.

Withthis load of crap that McCabe has left us with.......probably none at all. We have played the other 2 worst teams over the past few days and lost both.

Sheff Utd v Derby - 1 point
Portsmouth v Sheff Utd - 0 points
Sheff Utd v Nott'm Forest - 0 points
Watford v Sheff Utd - 1 point
Sheff Utd v Leeds - 0 points
QPR v Sheff Utd - 0 points
Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough - 1 point
Sheff Utd v Cardiff - 0 points
Preston v Sheff Utd - 3 points
Sheff Utd v Bristol City - 1 point
Reading v Sheff Utd - 0 points
Sheff Utd v Barnsley - 1 point
Swansea v Sheff Utd - 0 points

So that gives us a grand total of 8 points from our remaining games as I see it panning out.

Will we score more goals or get more points by the end of the season? :eek:

hold on a minute.. don't you know that you support the most contrary team in the league.. they'll just about go and beat cardiff and qpr now

We've managed to just about go and beat several teams SP, it's the actuality we find difficulty with....

It doesnt matter. A few extra wins just prolongs the slow death. A big part of me wishes it was over now so that we can get on with the job of preparing for next year. And given the complete hash we've made of the previous 2 pre seasons, we need as much time as possible.

UTB

>it's the actuality we find difficulty with...
we'll actually go and beat qpr and cardiff now ;)

This season is like a re-run of 75/76 in so many ways.

We were financially hamstrung (76 = South Stand, 11 = McCabe), we had a manager starting the season having gradually eroded the quality of the squad (76 = Garbutt, Field, Guthrie, 11 = Ertl, Yeates, Nos), the manager was relieved of his duties and replaced by nothing special (76 = Furphy/Sirell, 11 = Hoofy,cast of thousands) and we were down and out by the end of March (76 = 5-0 at WHL, 11 = tba).
To add to the "coincidence", that was my school leaving year and thus the last season until this that I didn't have a season ticket!

In that instance we went on a three game winning streak immediately after our fate was sealed (including wins at Carrow and Elland Roads). Similar expected from me this time around.

Big difference is that I atended every game bar one that season (the win at Norwich of course) and this season I've missed four or five at home and all bar Millwall away.
The one thing I'm hoping for is that I missed the win at Norwich because I was at Aintree backing Rag Trade to win the National and that is the LAST time I've put money on the winner. Bring it on for this season, I'm going for broke.

I still think 1 win and we will turn the corner.

I just don't see where the 1 win is coming from. The way our luck is I can only assume that KM bought an old gypsy camp for a new building and they have cursed us

On my way through to Scunthorpe yesterday, we went drinking in Doncaster. Popped into Hill's to put my bet on, and also asked them to give me odds on United not winning another game this season. They wouldn't, for some reason.

I just can't see another win coming from anywhere at all.

I still think 1 win and we will turn the corner.

I just don't see where the 1 win is coming from. The way our luck is I can only assume that KM bought an old gypsy camp for a new building and they have cursed us

It started WAAAAAAAY before McCabe, we were seemingly cursed in the days of John Hassall. Blody gipo's!( maybe we were too skint to buy a clothes peg)

In my opinion:

Sheff Utd v Derby - WIN
Portsmouth v Sheff Utd - LOSS
Sheff Utd v Nott'm Forest - LOSS
Watford v Sheff Utd - LOSS
Sheff Utd v Leeds - DRAW
QPR v Sheff Utd - LOSS
Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough - DRAW
Sheff Utd v Cardiff - LOSS
Preston v Sheff Utd - DRAW
Sheff Utd v Bristol City - WIN
Reading v Sheff Utd - LOSS
Sheff Utd v Barnsley - DRAW
Swansea v Sheff Utd - LOSS

We'll get Relegated and placed bottom of the pile against Preston NE on 16th April!

The ultimate Embarrassing end to our Season. Personally can't see us winning another game this season

Sheff Utd v Derby - draw
Portsmouth v Sheff Utd - LOSS
Sheff Utd v Nott'm Forest - LOSS
Watford v Sheff Utd - draw
Sheff Utd v Leeds - loss (as I HATE losing to them!)
QPR v Sheff Utd - LOSS
Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough - DRAW
Sheff Utd v Cardiff - LOSS
Sheff Utd v Bristol City - loss
Reading v Sheff Utd - LOSS
Sheff Utd v Barnsley - loss (and every Dingle to gloat like fook)
Swansea v Sheff Utd - draw

Sheff Utd v Derby - WIN just because the law of avergaes means surley well finally win
Portsmouth v Sheff Utd - LOSS strong squad think well struggle
Sheff Utd v Nott'm Forest - WIN, those lucky its have been lucky last 2 trips, not this time
Watford v Sheff Utd - LOSS
Sheff Utd v Leeds - WIN, i really feel they will start dopping off, not a play off team for me
QPR v Sheff Utd - draw
Sheff Utd v Middlesbrough - WIN
Sheff Utd v Cardiff - DRAW
Sheff Utd v Bristol City - WIN
Reading v Sheff Utd - WIN COS IM GOING
Sheff Utd v Barnsley - WIN
Swansea v Sheff Utd - draw

BELIEVE

i ll have whatever Jehova is on please!!!

Jehovah, that's way too optimistic! Don't you know you've got to give up now, mate?

Fair play to ya but I only believe one thing now - SUFC are heading into League 1 next season. I hope that they prove you right and me wrong mind!

Whatever way i look at it, i can only see 1 or 2 more wins this season, and that is at best.

Having said that i think that we might get one on saturday v Derby, who have been nearly as awful as we are lately

Probably won't win a game until we're relegated. Then when it doesn't matter we might win one or two.

We should be playing with a big yellow stripe down our backs, as we are a team of bottlers.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

Do not underestimate the power of Sheffield United.

Back
Top Bottom