10th anniversary of the death of Brian Clough...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been in touch with my Uncle Ronnie about this. He said he remembered being told what Brain Clough did as he wasnt in the ground at the time, people were talking about it when he came in. I asked if he remembered which match it was, his reply was "Definitely wasn't the 1970 one,think it could have the 71 game. A mate of mine received the first ever £100 fine for football violence for fighting with the police at Derby, at either that game or the game in 72"
I think it could be the 71 game lots of fighting mainly with the police, maybe it was the game when the main exit gates were forced and hundreds of Blades ran inside the ground for free as one policeman arms outstretched tried to stop the hordes.

I think it could be the 71 game lots of fighting mainly with the police, maybe it was the game when the main exit gates were forced and hundreds of Blades ran inside the ground for free as one policeman arms outstretched tried to stop the hordes.
What I can remember about the 71 match is that I was sat in the stand between two strangers behind the goal where the 3rd goal was scored. Before the game my dad had asked some unfriendly Derby fans in the stand if they could swap seats so that my dad and I (I was 9 then) could sit together but had no luck and he was sat several rows behind me. As for the 72 match not long before the kick off, I remember police making a group of Blades fans move to a different area of the ground (Steve Dixon from Dronfield, who me and my dad spotted from our seats, were in the group). This group were told to climb from the terraces to the perimeter of the pitch,and as they were walking to a different area they were spat at by the Derby fans.

Back
Top Bottom