10 hugely encouraging things from the first 4 games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As will Nathan Redmond (ankle injury 3 weeks).

14. CW is trying to integrate our new signings while keeping faith with the players who got us promoted. None of our players (apart from Moose very briefly) have played at this level before. We're doing fine.

So Deano made a mistake - so does de Gea - on a weekly basis.
Stevens played a few for Villa, debut 0-5 vs City. Bash got one or two for Blackpool. Good start yes, but still early days, Fleck only absence, Chelsea missed quite a few of there best, injuries is a greater fear than the opponents actually as we don't have massive dept. Happy days

Jags?!

Last time we were in the Premier League it took us 11 games to score 5 goals. We’ve done it in 4 under Wilder.

Not really relevant but when we went up under Harry in 1990, it took us until the week before Christmas to get past 4 points, with the win against Forest.

Like Wilder says, the key thing for some of our players development will be when they realise that they belong in the Premier League and aren’t just turning up for a cup tie. When that kicks in and they know there’s nothing to be overawed about (we’ll nearly nothing), many will kick on and get even better although obviously others could fall by the wayside like with most promoted teams

It’s too early to call yet consistently is a major factor, but it has to be said that the likes of Stevens and O’Connel seem to have just taken the PL in their stride and Lundstram....well what can I say? Where did this all action, sharp passing hard tackling midfield dynamo come from? I thought he was immense again yesterday.

1 We’ve shown real resilience and adaptability. We’ve come back from 1-0 down for a point, from 2-0 down for a point, and we’ve successfully defended a 1-0 lead. In each of those three different circumstances we’ve looked more than capable of working the game in our favour.

2 Although we’ve only played to our best sporadically and have sometimes looked lacking in self-belief, we’ve actually been pretty comfortable (at the least) for long spells in every game. The points we’ve lost have been largely down to moments of individual brilliance, and/or individual howlers, rather than because our levels have been below those needed in the league.

3 As promised repeatedly by Wilder, pre-season, we’ve kept major aspects of our attacking play in place—JOC and Bash are still getting high up the pitch, consistently, e.g., home and away.

4 Unlike last year, when playing a flat 3 in midfield we’ve managed (for long stretches) to maintain supply lines and link play between midfield and forward line. The addition of Luke Freeman has really helped with this, as has Robbo’s tendency to drop.

5 The full-backs. Both of them.

6 We’ve scored in every game.

7 Three of our strikers are off the mark already, four (kind of) if we credit the Moose, in spirit, for today’s equaliser.

8 The fucking Moose!

9 Fucking Lundstram!

10 Strength in-depth and much more to come, we’ve every reason to expect, from players who’ve been marginal so far.

Oh, and shoving it down the throats of the lazy bastards, cliche-mongers and know nowts. (Not you, knowsnowt ).

What a fantastic few weeks. Every reason to think we can kick on from here and just get stronger.

Bollox the international break, roll on Southampton, and UTFMB ⚔

Awesome that, although I don't quite agree with #4. We're still trying to plug that Duffy gap at the moment and although either Freeman or Ravel could be the solution, we've yet to really see it IMO.

Like Wilder says, the key thing for some of our players development will be when they realise that they belong in the Premier League and aren’t just turning up for a cup tie. When that kicks in and they know there’s nothing to be overawed about (we’ll nearly nothing), many will kick on and get even better although obviously others could fall by the wayside like with most promoted teams

It’s too early to call yet consistently is a major factor, but it has to be said that the likes of Stevens and O’Connel seem to have just taken the PL in their stride and Lundstram....well what can I say? Where did this all action, sharp passing hard tackling midfield dynamo come from? I thought he was immense again yesterday.
All this, as long as they still put in the work rate of the cup-tie side. Fairly sure CWAK will be all over any complacency mind.

As someone else said we need to beat Southampton so we don't lose sight of the top two by September :cool:
Although the reality is that we need to beat Southampton to make sure we keep away from the bottom of the table.

I’ve seen all this before, after we beat Arsenal and everyone in the world said we’d stay up.

Awesome that, although I don't quite agree with #4. We're still trying to plug that Duffy gap at the moment and although either Freeman or Ravel could be the solution, we've yet to really see it IMO.
We don't play that formation.,there is no Duffy role

That's my point. in every other way we are setup the same, but our creativity is down I believe due to that missing element.
We're not setup the same we are playing a flat 3 with Norwood sat behind two more central conventional midfielders when Duffy played he was at the tip of a three man midfield and asked to work either flank ,now both lundstram and Freeman are asked to support and try to overeload those areas

We're not setup the same we are playing a flat 3 with Norwood sat behind two more central conventional midfielders when Duffy played he was at the tip of a three man midfield and asked to work either flank ,now both lundstram and Freeman are asked to support and try to overeload those areas

Read what I wrote, I said in every other way we're setup the same. Removing the Duffy piece of the puzzle and having a flat 3 yet still using our wing backs and overlapping centre halves the same way. Duffy was key to us capitalising on these overloads. I think we're finding it a little harder to do that now with the flat three.

Read what I wrote, I said in every other way we're setup the same. Removing the Duffy piece of the puzzle and having a flat 3 yet still using our wing backs and overlapping centre halves the same way. Duffy was key to us capitalising on these overloads. I think we're finding it a little harder to do that now with the flat three.
If we're finding it harder it's probably because we're up against better players, not because we are missing Duffy.

If we're finding it harder it's probably because we're up against better players, not because we are missing Duffy.

That Palace team was a no show and the Chelsea defence were there for the taking. It's ignorant to suggest the removal of the Duffy role has had no impact at all

That Palace team was a no show and the Chelsea defence were there for the taking. It's ignorant to suggest the removal of the Duffy role has had no impact at all
And it's speculation to say it did.

No one knows what would have happened if Duffy had played and it's an incontrovertible fact that the opposition players and teams are better this season.

So you call me ignorant if you want and I'll call you narrow minded, as it appears that anything you say is not up for debate.

Back
Top Bottom