10 day miracle or disaster?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade56

Yer avin a laff
Reaction score
now I walk in the shadow of the Valley of Death
Slav saw with his own eyes yesterday the extent of capability within our remaining squad after, if reports are true showing Burke and potentially Brewster the door.

He now has 9 days remaining to save the season. I think he will be bold, get the board to take its losses and be creative with any funds available and with loans. I don’t think the names we are speculating about will be the ones that come in but wholesale outs are on the cards and I won’t be sad to see…

Burke
Brewster
Fleck
Norwood
Lowe
Verrips
McB
McG
et al

……out to facilitate in moves. Some might be mutual, some loans and some bargain sales but it has to be done. If he’s not allowed to run riot he might be gone soon cause he’s got a bunch of no hopers upfront (Billy excluded) as it stands.

Only concern is if we sell the jewels in waiting particularly Jebbo (I still cringe when I see DCL scoring again and again).

Hero or Villain? We will know in 10 days time.

Last edited:

As a manager with a reputation for playing wonderful attacking football he must look at that squad and think WTF !!!

Burke is a headless chicken, everyone can see it

But the fact that he's made his mind up about Brewster after 4 games speaks volumes

As a manager with a reputation for playing wonderful attacking football he must look at that squad and think WTF !!!

Burke is a headless chicken, everyone can see it

But the fact that he's made his mind up about Brewster after 4 games speaks volumes
What's happened with Brewster as in 'he has made his mind up'?

What's happened with Brewster as in 'he has made his mind up'?

I've no idea mate
But it seems strange that after 4 games he's put it out there that our most expensive player can go.

He must know that we're going to suffer a huge loss

Seems very strange

I've no idea mate
But it seems strange that after 4 games he's put it out there that our most expensive player can go.

He must know that we're going to suffer a huge loss

Seems very strange
Thanks for coming back on this. When did that go out? Was that in a press conference or something? Was up in Ft William yesterday and buggar all reception. Like the old days ringing home for updates !

Thanks for coming back on this. When did that go out? Was that in a press conference or something? Was up in Ft William yesterday and buggar all reception. Like the old days ringing home for updates !

Could be just speculation, apparently Slav's willing to listen to offers for Brewster and put Burke on the transfer list.
It would be a strange decision about Brewster unless somethings happened

If we are to give Slav time , which we should, and he thinks Brewster is surplus to requirements then we have to accept the manager’s decision. I’m one of the fans that think Brewster and Berge, for that matter, are worth persevering with but it’s the manager that is the one making the decisions and I’ll respect that. We only have to look at the last 16 months to see that the squad we currently have is devoid of creativity, a game plan and most of all team spirit. If Slav wants to make wholesale changes and totally reshape the squad then so be it. He will need time and patience from the fans, as many have said over the past couple of weeks.

Slav saw with his own eyes yesterday the extent of capability within our remaining squad after, if reports are true showing Burke and potentially Brewster the door.

He now has 9 days remaining to save the season. I think he will be bold, get the board to take its losses and be creative with any funds available and with loans. I don’t think the names we are speculating about will be the ones that come in but wholesale outs are on the cards and I won’t be sad to see…

Burke
Brewster
Fleck
Norwood
Lowe
Verrips
McB
McG
et al

……out to facilitate in moves. Some might be mutual, some loans and some bargain sales but it has to be done. If he’s not allowed to run riot he might be gone soon cause he’s got a bunch of no hopers upfront (Billy excluded) as it stands.

Only concern is if we sell the jewels in waiting particularly Jebbo (I still cringe when I see DCL scoring again and again).

Hero or Villain? We will know in 10 days time.
I'd go with that list but we have to keep McBurnie he is the only player who wins high balls in both penalty boxes, probably cleared more corners than any of our defenders yesterday.
I'd sell Brewster and Burke for a bag of cat treats. Fleck and Norwood for a bag of cat treats + a tube of Smarties

If we are to give Slav time , which we should, and he thinks Brewster is surplus to requirements then we have to accept the manager’s decision. I’m one of the fans that think Brewster and Berge, for that matter, are worth persevering with but it’s the manager that is the one making the decisions and I’ll respect that. We only have to look at the last 16 months to see that the squad we currently have is devoid of creativity, a game plan and most of all team spirit. If Slav wants to make wholesale changes and totally reshape the squad then so be it. He will need time and patience from the fans, as many have said over the past couple of weeks.
I think he could build a team around Berge if he could get fitter and wanted to stay. His body language at times suggests he’s either lazy, unfit or not interested in being here.

Who's realistically going to want any of our players after the past 5 games?

The only way I can see us offloading the likes of Norwood, Fleck and Burke is if we pay them off!

I'd go with that list but we have to keep McBurnie he is the only player who wins high balls in both penalty boxes, probably cleared more corners than any of our defenders yesterday.
I'd sell Brewster and Burke for a bag of cat treats. Fleck and Norwood for a bag of cat treats + a tube of Smarties
I was a big supporter of McB versus Maupey but I admit I was totally wrong (latter scored again yesterday). He looked unplayable when I saw him play against us but now looks physically weak and full of diving shithousery that cost him a self inflicted serious injury last season.

I think he could build a team around Berge if he could get fitter and wanted to stay. His body language at times suggests he’s either lazy, unfit or not interested in being here.
I agree, and if that’s Slav’s plan then he should tell Berge that. Give him confidence that he is central to his plans for the squad he is building.

He must look at the squad and think what the hell have we been playing at….

We don’t possess anyone that can play in attack in his desired formation. But in fairness to him it’s not like he can sign players, the club need to support him and get some bodies through the door.

it’s a big week for the recruitment team and the Prince to decide if he’s going to actually back his new man

Could be just speculation, apparently Slav's willing to listen to offers for Brewster and put Burke on the transfer list.
It would be a strange decision about Brewster unless somethings happened
Cheers, just Googled it. Yeah in the Sun and others....

Love to see Brewster, Burke, Fleck and Norwood smashing through the wall for their Dreamies. (if you are not a cat lover you probably won't get this)

We know which 'cat' would be through first, though he'd probaly end up going into the neighbours house . . . . . . who has a dog. :)

Back
Top Bottom