1 win in 4

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
And it took till the last 10 minutes of the Stoke game to win that one too.

However bad Slavs starting selection was tonight don't kid yourself that we are anything special as a whole.

As Deadbat mentioned briefly, take away MGW and Ndiaye and we arent that much better than we were at the start of the season.

And that was being put down to a lack of preseason and Slav getting used to knowing the team.. what is the reason this time??

13 games and failed to win in 9 - 4 win out of 13 in a bad division represents a fairly awful start

I am not sure I see this fast evolving side. We look the same soft touch we were to start the season (and last) and outside of flashes from Gibbs white and Ndiaye - not sure what the plan is for us to win games?

He has a lot of work to do. At the moment the way we are playing and how we are set up is not going to get us anywhere near the top 6.

13 games and failed to win in 9 - 4 win out of 13 in a bad division represents a fairly awful start

I am not sure I see this fast evolving side. We look the same soft touch we were to start the season (and last) and outside of flashes from Gibbs white and Ndiaye - not sure what the plan is for us to win games?

He has a lot of work to do. At the moment the way we are playing and how we are set up is not going to get us anywhere near the top 6.
We will be no better than mid table by Christmas. Because that is how good we are.

Whatever choice he makes in midfield leaves a weakness and it's the same up front. I'd pick Bash alongside Egan and Davies, but I accept that this makes picking an effective midfield even harder. Its a disgrace that no-one is pushing Sharp for a start.

Remoulding this lot is going to be tough

So we spunked (Royal we _ wilder) c £70M on players not currently in the squad. We've completely changed system, left some (maybe bash) out of the team and looked shi_e from last season. Apart from the season before and c£70 - 100m what's changed? Is it attitude? Are we in the losing streak? Do we need to unload - at massive loss so e players? Was wilder really so awful I spotting a prem player?
My thoughts so far;
Olson - not really an improvement
Egan - really disappointed, thought he would be better at this level
Davies - good on the ball, but weak in the tackle and heading
Norwood / fleck - pants
Wont judge attacking players until these basics are sorted.

He really hates Mcburnie! He scored like 25 goals last time was here now doesn’t get a look in.

Why are we surprised at the performances? It's basically the same players as last season but a year older.
Until the majority of these players contracts are up and better players come in we will not improve.
Unfortunately we can't afford to get rid quicker as the previous manager spent all the money

I don’t know we played Millwall in the cup a while ago with basically our second string away from home and it was very very comfortable.

We got smashed second season in the PL but these players are more than good enough for championship. It’s not like Fleck and Norwood etc are 35+

I don’t know we played Millwall in the cup a while ago with basically our second string away from home and it was very very comfortable.

We got smashed second season in the PL but these players are more than good enough for championship. It’s not like Fleck and Norwood etc are 35+
Our league position would suggest these players aren't good enough at this level

Under CW the midfield of Fleck and Norwood were excellent even first season in the PL.

They are both 30 years old! Everyone keeps talking like there 35 and there legs are going to fall off.

Manager is trying to turn the team around but needs to copy CW formation and style and tweak it for his own.

I am not sure if SJ is the answer. He can't string two wins together. We look so soft its untrue but he just brings even smaller, softer players with each team change he makes.
There is no will to win.
We need a huge rebuild.
I would let him have this year, with a view to keeping us afloat in mid table and then sack him at the end of the year, send all the loans back and get someone in who actually can build a younger team with heart, quality and a bit of swagger. Blessin would have been better - he is doing well again with Oostende.
Or at least get some fresh thinking in to get us out of this division.
SJ is 5 years out of date and its all just a bit tired and predictable.

Totally disagree after an awful first five games we took 13 points from seven . Fulham fans told us it would probably be a slow start but we are slowly building. Tonight was poor first half but then there was only one winner until the sending off. Even then we could have won it .

I am not sure if SJ is the answer. He can't string two wins together. We look so soft its untrue but he just brings even smaller, softer players with each team change he makes.
There is no will to win.
We need a huge rebuild.
I would let him have this year, with a view to keeping us afloat in mid table and then sack him at the end of the year, send all the loans back and get someone in who actually can build a younger team with heart, quality and a bit of swagger. Blessin would have been better - he is doing well again with Oostende.
Or at least get some fresh thinking in to get us out of this division.
SJ is 5 years out of date and its all just a bit tired and predictable.

If Slav can't bring in his #1 targets, what makes you think his replacement will be able to..? For weeks he was saying we need more players, the clock was ticking and players went to clubs who beat us to the punch. He needs more than one window to get who he wants in.

However bad Slavs starting selection was tonight don't kid yourself that we are anything special as a whole.

As Deadbat mentioned briefly, take away MGW and Ndiaye and we arent that much better than we were at the start of the season.

And that was being put down to a lack of preseason and Slav getting used to knowing the team.. what is the reason this time??
The reason this time is that he’s got to know the tram and realised he’s inherited a load of expensive ( fir us) shite
And broken players

Why are we surprised at the performances? It's basically the same players as last season but a year older.
Until the majority of these players contracts are up and better players come in we will not improve.
Unfortunately we can't afford to get rid quicker as the previous manager spent all the money
^^^ this ^^^

We look old and ragged.
Teams know if they press us high up the pitch we will inevitably make mistakes. Our midfield is slow and immobile. We need to stop relying on the old guard but we don't have anyone else (bar the youth players) the problem we have is our senior players still have good terms left on their deals. And until we can get them off the books we are stuck.

Next up are the Dingles who have only won one game all season. Without Gibbs White and possibly Bogle you just know what is coming on Sunday.

90+7 vs Huddersfield, 90+5 vs Preston, 90+2 vs Milwall. That’s three home games already where we have thrown away points in stoppage time.

This team haven’t got a backbone or enough proper leaders.

90+7 vs Huddersfield, 90+5 vs Preston, 90+2 vs Milwall. That’s three home games already where we have thrown away points in stoppage time.

This team haven’t got a backbone or enough proper leaders.
When my 9 year old son turned to me when the board went up and said “that’s 6 minutes for them to score in then” you know we’re shit. At least he’s got used to the disappointment at a young age.

All well and good saying a clear out is needed, but you just know no matter how shit they continue to perform that fleck and Norwood et al will all get offered new contracts once they're up

We've just about got enough to fend off relegation this season

But next season we're gone, I'll stake my house on it.

It's what happens,
Pigs get relegated to League One, everyone laughs at them, then we get relegated to League One, Pigs get promoted from League One, we stay there.

The number of our Premier League superstars that are out of contract who will leave and suddenly start looking like footballers again will be frustrating as fuck.

So we'll get the next batch of players in, they'll look like useful signings on paper because they scored in a cup game once against a decent team, but they'll be shit when they arrive here.

And the cycle of shit continues for another 15 years

It's what happens,
Pigs get relegated to League One, everyone laughs at them, then we get relegated to League One, Pigs get promoted from League One, we stay there.

The number of our Premier League superstars that are out of contract who will leave and suddenly start looking like footballers again will be frustrating as fuck.

So we'll get the next batch of players in, they'll look like useful signings on paper because they scored in a cup game once against a decent team, but they'll be shit when they arrive here.

Every cloud has a silver lining, we should at least avoid the double drop 😂

It’s one thing being technically good enough, it’s another having the drive to succeed.

It's what happens,

That's harsh.

It's usually 12 to 14 years....

Next up are the Dingles who have only won one game all season. Without Gibbs White and possibly Bogle you just know what is coming on Sunday.
Barnsley lose tonight, manager sacked in the morning, caretaker in charge for Sunday, Dingles get just their second win of the season.

That's harsh.

It's usually 12 to 14 years....

Yes,
You can see the headlines now

50 year old Billy Sharp leads the "Battling Blades" back to the top.

It'll have to be "Battling Blades"

It won't be, Billy Sharp cruises "Stylish Blades" back to the top

We will be no better than mid table by Christmas. Because that is how good we are.

Whatever choice he makes in midfield leaves a weakness and it's the same up front. I'd pick Bash alongside Egan and Davies, but I accept that this makes picking an effective midfield even harder. Its a disgrace that no-one is pushing Sharp for a start.

Remoulding this lot is going to be tough
Certainly is re. Sharp given them money spent on strikers

Take away our best two players and we aren’t quite as good? Is there another team on the planet where this isn’t the case?

Back
Top Bottom