🎶 Here we gooooooo..... Blame Hecky and Stuart McCall 🎶

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
No seriously, let's not paper over that.....

I try my hardest to remain positive and not to let my passion dictate, but before a ball was kicked today it was easy to forecast that one.

The result was written when the starting XI was released, it was only going to be played in a certain way and it was never going to be pleasant. Despite being the home team and despite having a gifted abundance of attacking options....the management team set us up to defend, to stifle, to hang on and to perhaps take a point at home.

The only question I have is why???

Why when you have assets like we have (and in form assets at that), do we defect back to a negative mindset? Putting together that midfield selection does not show any form in intent. Fleck, Norwood and Berge in combination have no legs, they wont force things....they are limited. They will negatively sit in and absorb, they won't create ...... it is very negative, defensively minded tactics.

The management team set us up to play negatively, which in turn was only going to give Luton a whiff of success.

Sorry, I refuse to paper over that. It was tactically wrong... They set us up wrong and failed to acknowledge that it wasn't working.... To go behind at home and to be forced to change that mindset after 70 minutes of football.... not good enough.

Rant over

Back
Top Bottom