“Superstore” during lockdown

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Got my shorts today, which I ordered about 10 days ago. Hopefully click & collect can resume soon, so I don't have to pay £4 to have something delivered from a mile away.

I dont understand anyone relying on next day delivery at the moment, especially if its for your childs birthday. Its quite obvious delivery's are fucked at the mo and its not as if your kids birthday has come as a surprise or that you only just learnt of their love of the Blades.

We get some right ones at our work who order on Sunday expecting the product to be there Monday morning. I think Amazon Prime has raised everyones expectations too high.

Pretty sure if you've paid for next day youll get a refund though, I know we do no questions asked.

Thanks for that Ted, I love it on here when people jump in with their ten penneth when they have no clue as to the facts. Which is why I rarely post.
I ordered the shirt on the Saturday, my son's birthday was the following Thursday.
I ordered 'next day' to allow that extra time for it to be delivered and paid £10 for the privilege. I hadn't only just learned of his love of the Blades as he has been going since 2005 and it was just a last minute add on present that I went for. I I think that the expectation of it being delivered by the following Thursday was quite justifiable. Especially as no mention of any problems regarding next day delivery was made on the site and they were still happy to take the money for it.
As a postscript the 'Super' store has still not read any of the messages Isent, but I'd like to send my thanks to Rooks who sorted the issue out on my behalf.

I placed an order on a week ago, money was taken straight away (presumably to reserve the order) and then i've had an email this morning to say that it's been dispatched. All fine with me.

Rooks i guess the only feedback that i can give is that it would be good if there was an email (automated) which is sent out when the order is placed as an order confirmation, even if the dispatch is several days or a week later.

Thanks for that Ted, I love it on here when people jump in with their ten penneth when they have no clue as to the facts. Which is why I rarely post.
I ordered the shirt on the Saturday, my son's birthday was the following Thursday.
I ordered 'next day' to allow that extra time for it to be delivered and paid £10 for the privilege. I hadn't only just learned of his love of the Blades as he has been going since 2005 and it was just a last minute add on present that I went for. I I think that the expectation of it being delivered by the following Thursday was quite justifiable. Especially as no mention of any problems regarding next day delivery was made on the site and they were still happy to take the money for it.
As a postscript the 'Super' store has still not read any of the messages Isent, but I'd like to send my thanks to Rooks who sorted the issue out on my behalf.

Well if your going to post things on forums dont be surprised if people comment.

like I said we get loads of people throwing a strop at my work saying its ruined their kids birthday because we haven't delivered it within in a day and it was their main present. Sounds like yours was an addition present and not something they'd been asking for for months so your kid wont have been sat there with nothing to open so shouldnt be too disappointed. It just amazes me that people leave it so late when they know their child will be heartbroken, if its important to them then they should get it weeks in advance to make sure.

Couriers and companies make mistakes at the best of times and things get delayed but at the moment Id be expecting anything upto 2 weeks or more for a delivery unless theyve specifically confirmed over the phone with you otherwise, even Amazon were taking upto a month to deliver at the start of this.

Also it might not be the superstores fault that theyre offering next day delivery. the shipping methods might be called directly from the couriers API and so its just what the couriers are offering. Id be surprised if theres anyone at the shop who has access to edit these things on their website, it'll all be outsourced.

We had problems with DHL as they were injecting the shipping label of next day delivery into our invoices even though it was taking them almost a week to deliver on that service, there was nothing we could do to alter it but people kept complaining even though we'd stated clearly that it wouldnt be next day.

Does sound like the superstore should have emailed you though thats just crappy customer service.

I dont understand anyone relying on next day delivery at the moment, especially if its for your childs birthday. Its quite obvious delivery's are fucked at the mo and its not as if your kids birthday has come as a surprise or that you only just learnt of their love of the Blades.

We get some right ones at our work who order on Sunday expecting the product to be there Monday morning. I think Amazon Prime has raised everyones expectations too high.

Pretty sure if you've paid for next day youll get a refund though, I know we do no questions asked.

This 👆

Back
Top Bottom