“Out run, Out fight and Out play”

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I keep hearing that ‘Sander is quality’ but I’ve not seen much evidence in a Blades shirt. Based on what he’s done whilst at the club he’s not as good as Lundstram.

I get that people think he’s good because he’s played in the CL and was good once against Liverpool, but he’s not any better than any other midfielders on our books based on actual performances for the Blades.
I’m just basing it on what I’ve seen of him. I never saw him play in the Champions league.
I know how he’s regarded amongst the squad with his application to training and all around professionalism.

He has been unlucky with injuries, and we need to remember the fact he’s still a young lad in a different country with a hell of a lot to deal with outside of just playing football. If we manage to hold onto him and he gets a run of games then I personally feel he will be out most integral player.

I’m just basing it on what I’ve seen of him. I never saw him play in the Champions league.
I know how he’s regarded amongst the squad with his application to training and all around professionalism.

He has been unlucky with injuries, and we need to remember the fact he’s still a young lad in a different country with a hell of a lot to deal with outside of just playing football. If we manage to hold onto him and he gets a run of games then I personally feel he will be out most integral player.
Without wanting to be argumentative, he really hasn’t been that good. He’s flattered to deceive in 95% of the minutes he’s been on the pitch. Looked good for the other 5%.

All the excuses above I’ve seen dozens of times, I agreed until this season, when he’s not done anything to show he’s this wonderful player that he’s made out to be. I’d rather have an horrible bastard like Billing from Bournemouth.

Our journey to the premier league and the first season there under Chris Wilders tutelage as outrageous outsiders was a remarkable achievement.However,equally remarkable was the speed of his demise which was to a great extent due to his seduction by the glittering wealth made available and the personal spotlight that the premier league heaped on him.He was sitting at the top table,a working class hero and it is wonderful to be seduced with money to spend,but all the more painful when the bad decisions you make cause the dream to end in tears.
Nowt to do with covid and no fans in the ground then, losing JOC for the season or Henderson going back to Man U?

Without wanting to be argumentative, he really hasn’t been that good. He’s flattered to deceive in 95% of the minutes he’s been on the pitch. Looked good for the other 5%.

All the excuses above I’ve seen dozens of times, I agreed until this season, when he’s not done anything to show he’s this wonderful player that he’s made out to be. I’d rather have an horrible bastard like Billing from Bournemouth.
Well we can agree to disagree on this. I’m hoping that he can do enough to win you round the remainder of the season.

Don’t get me wrong he certainly has some way to go to live up to the hype around him, but I’m also hoping we have him long enough for him to realise his potential. 👍🏻

dont know how people can write sander off hes had some really bad luck with injuries if he can keep fit he will be a key player for us especially in this league a firing berge and brewster will be like signing 2 new players

dont know how people can write sander off hes had some really bad luck with injuries if he can keep fit he will be a key player for us especially in this league a firing berge and brewster will be like signing 2 new players
At a combined £46m you’d hope that at some point they’d look half decent in the Championship

I’m sure that Wilder and his team spent plenty of time on players being a suitable fit for his philosophy on players attitude, ethos and personality. Were they a good fit for him and United?

That was in the early days at a level or two below the premier league. Once we were blessed with the riches of the PL, that recruitment philosophy seemed to get lost, and replaced by buying any player who agreed to come in at a lower wage than the rest of the league.

Hecky is unlikely to have that problem. Instead, he will have to develop a squad to fit his own desired profile. He certainly won’t enjoy the financial largesse that Wilder earned.

He will be excused for allowing high earners to leave, when they are on the downslope of their careers, when form and fitness for the job declines.

Last edited:
Chris Wilder left a better legacy than some give credit for.

"He ripped down handfuls of motivational notes after taking over from Adkins, simplifying the message. Win tackles, win headers, win races. Out-run, out-fight, out-think, out-play."

Our new management team can rebuild and continue the good work Wilder started IMO, after they've cleared out the spunky dross obvs 👀.
And replaced with ???

At a combined £46m you’d hope that at some point they’d look half decent in the Championship
yes you would hope so but still think these 2 will come good i gave up on the other 20m signing mcburnie months ago he needs to be moved on thats if anybody wants him 🤔

I would not be at all surprised if Sharp and McBurnie get the nod for this Cardiff fixture. Sharp because he’s had a break since his last start, and he is still the best predator we have.
McBurnie because of his height, ability to defend set pieces, and awkward style could unsettle a big defence.
Together, they are a good fit as a pairing, offering different problems against a tall defence.

He left the club in a much better state than how he found it.

But I've genuinely not heard anyone say any different.

Yes & no. In a division higher, but with more debt and a higher wage bill. Any money earned from the glory years has been spent or borrowed against.

Metaphorically speaking, the plug may already have been pulled out, but it may take 2 or 3 season for the bath to fully drain.

Yes & no. In a division higher, but with more debt and a higher wage bill. Any money earned from the glory years has been spent or borrowed against.

Metaphorically speaking, the plug may already have been pulled out, but it may take 2 or 3 season for the bath to fully drain.
Hard to blame CW for the failures of upper management

Hard to blame CW for the failures of upper management

Our current plight and our future plight can be boiled down not replacing JOC, buying Rammers, buying Berge, acquiring Burke and buying Brewster. The point of discussion is who made those calls.

We ended up with none of these.

McBurnie - can't get a game in the Championship, 5th choice striker.
Berge - looks bigger than other players on the pitch and apparently is amazing on youtube but just not for us.
Brewster - Little boy lost, albeit he has now scored 2 goals in the league that he was going to score loads in.
We ended up with exactly what Gav described. 2x top In form championship player that may or may not make the step up and 1x prospect that may work out.

Nowt to do with covid and no fans in the ground then, losing JOC for the season or Henderson going back to Man U?
Had fuck all to do with Covid and no fans we started to flatline before covid
Why people even blamed the summer heat on most of our performances after the first lockdown
I wish people would stop this crap no fans shite
If that was true we should be top of the Championship now
We bought bad and the players who had performed had peaked move on

We ended up with exactly what Gav described. 2x top In form championship player that may or may not make the step up and 1x prospect that may work out.
Which ones are the top Championship players? Have they been playing for us this season as we’re very much midtable at best. I’d suggest that the players performances have caused that.

The point is about potential rather than performance - he’s got some tremendous abilities even if we’ve rarely seen them laid down.

I’d never say he’s been great here, but I’ve seen enough to believe he should go far. Probably now not with us, and probably to our great financial cost. Which is tragic.

Which ones are the top Championship players? Have they been playing for us this season as we’re very much midtable at best. I’d suggest that the players performances have caused that.
The ones who scored loads of goals for Swansea just before they signed. That’s what they were signed on, not what’s happened to them since

The ones who scored loads of goals for Swansea just before they signed. That’s what they were signed on, not what’s happened to them since
It seems like the dim and distant past now. Brewster still might come good, McBurnie’s ship sailed long ago.

Back
Top Bottom