“Out run, Out fight and Out play”

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now and again

Reaction score
Really enjoyed watching all three interviews with Hecky, McCall and Lester.

Watched the Lester one this morning and loved the above motto. Feel like win, lose or draw we have a passionate managerial set up who understand the way we want to see the lads play.

And I think that the footballing philosophy isn’t going to be just about passion but also playing football in the right way.

Let’s hope it’s good times ahead Bladesmen.

Just got tickets for Fulham away so hoping by that time we have really turned a corner and kicked on. Onwards and hopefully upwards.

UTB 👊🏻

Chris Wilder left a better legacy than some give credit for.

"He ripped down handfuls of motivational notes after taking over from Adkins, simplifying the message. Win tackles, win headers, win races. Out-run, out-fight, out-think, out-play."

Our new management team can rebuild and continue the good work Wilder started IMO, after they've cleared out the spunky dross obvs 👀.

"He ripped down handfuls of motivational notes after taking over from Adkins, simplifying the message. Win tackles, win headers, win races. Out-run, out-fight, out-think, out-play."

Our new management team can rebuild and continue the good work Wilder started IMO, after they've cleared out the spunky dross obvs 👀.
He left the club in a much better state than how he found it.

But I've genuinely not heard anyone say any different.

He left the club in a much better state than how he found it.

But I've genuinely not heard anyone say any different.

I haven't either, but the club's 'new' ethos isn't new.

Its what bought us success, and going back to the basic foundations of what made us better than good Is a great place to restart.

I haven't either, but the club's 'new' ethos isn't new.

Its what bought us success, and going back to the basic foundations of what made us better than good Is a great place to restart.
I wanted a complete change but with this group of players and the non 1st team coaching staying the same it's looking pretty foolish that we even tried changing it.

That's why we are fans and the experts at the clu.... can't even finish that for laughing 😂😂

The Slav reboot seemingly reminding them they much preferred the Wilder/Heckingbottom way of doing things will help too.

Really enjoyed watching all three interviews with Hecky, McCall and Lester.

Watched the Lester one this morning and loved the above motto. Feel like win, lose or draw we have a passionate managerial set up who understand the way we want to see the lads play.

And I think that the footballing philosophy isn’t going to be just about passion but also playing football in the right way.

Let’s hope it’s good times ahead Bladesmen.

Just got tickets for Fulham away so hoping by that time we have really turned a corner and kicked on. Onwards and hopefully upwards.

UTB 👊🏻
Yes great interviews, all 3 of them. Comparing to Slavs boring and strange interviews is night and day.
Oh and good to hear from the assistants, we heard nothing from Slavs team whoever they were.

Our journey to the premier league and the first season there under Chris Wilders tutelage as outrageous outsiders was a remarkable achievement.However,equally remarkable was the speed of his demise which was to a great extent due to his seduction by the glittering wealth made available and the personal spotlight that the premier league heaped on him.He was sitting at the top table,a working class hero and it is wonderful to be seduced with money to spend,but all the more painful when the bad decisions you make cause the dream to end in tears.

Agree that Hecky had got the building blocks with this squad that Wilder laid in place. And the ethos will be carried over from what came before, hopefully an enhanced version of that too.

I disagree with Wilder wasting all the money though. It’s unfair. You have to spend to have any chance of surviving in the Premier League now, and whilst it seems he spent a lot, he spent a lot for us but not in the grand scheme of things.

As said before I’d love to know who these magical players were that wanted to come to the club? 20 million nowadays in the Premier League buys you either a prospect that may work out, a top In form championship player that may or may not make the step up, or a player looking for one last pay day that may or may not be actually arsed to play for the club.

Also the player has to want to move to Sheffield or the surrounding area, play under out wage structure and play for the manger and the group of players that are their already.

Our journey to the premier league and the first season there under Chris Wilders tutelage as outrageous outsiders was a remarkable achievement.However,equally remarkable was the speed of his demise which was to a great extent due to his seduction by the glittering wealth made available and the personal spotlight that the premier league heaped on him.He was sitting at the top table,a working class hero and it is wonderful to be seduced with money to spend,but all the more painful when the bad decisions you make cause the dream to end in tears.
Wilder spent poorly once we’d reached the Premier League, and he was probably a bit too stubborn once it was clear the way we were playing wasn’t working. But it was his first time managing in the Premier League and with a side with the lowest wage budget in the division, with a squad made up of people from mostly lower leagues also untested in the top flight. I don’t think he spent poorly because he was seduced by money. He spent poorly because we had a limited group of players we could sign to improve us, that’s down to a mix of low budget and poor scouting. In the cold light of day and with the benefit of hindsight, and bearing in mind all the good he did for us, I think we can cut him some slack.

20 million nowadays in the Premier League buys you either a prospect that may work out, a top In form championship player that may or may not make the step up, or a player looking for one last pay day that may or may not be actually arsed to play for the club.
We ended up with none of these.

McBurnie - can't get a game in the Championship, 5th choice striker.
Berge - looks bigger than other players on the pitch and apparently is amazing on youtube but just not for us.
Brewster - Little boy lost, albeit he has now scored 2 goals in the league that he was going to score loads in.

We ended up with none of these.

McBurnie - can't get a game in the Championship, 5th choice striker.
Berge - looks bigger than other players on the pitch and apparently is amazing on youtube but just not for us.
Brewster - Little boy lost, albeit he has now scored 2 goals in the league that he was going to score loads in.
Sander is quality. Been unlucky with injuries, I’m not sure what some people see when he plays.

Brewster had looked lost, the price tag maybe weighed heavy on him. But yes looking more and more like he will make the step up, just captained his country at under 21s. Calvert Lewis was written off to early by a lot of Blades.

Mc Burnie, Christ knows!!! I think he has never left Swansea. Just doesn’t seem Interested in being a Blade. Loves his clobber though.

Sander is quality. Been unlucky with injuries, I’m not sure what some people see when he plays.

Brewster had looked lost, the price tag maybe weighed heavy on him. But yes looking more and more like he will make the step up, just captained his country at under 21s. Calvert Lewis was written off to early by a lot of Blades.

Mc Burnie, Christ knows!!! I think he has never left Swansea. Just doesn’t seem Interested in being a Blade. Loves his clobber though.

McBurnie is the most lost among our strikers. I don't think we will ever see his best here, like you say he just comes across like he would rather be back at Swansea. He looks better cover at centre half than as a striker, he seems to always win headers in our box from a corner.

I keep hearing that ‘Sander is quality’ but I’ve not seen much evidence in a Blades shirt. Based on what he’s done whilst at the club he’s not as good as Lundstram.

I get that people think he’s good because he’s played in the CL and was good once against Liverpool, but he’s not any better than any other midfielders on our books based on actual performances for the Blades.

Sounds daft but with his Swansea connections you could make a case for McBurnie making an appearance on Sat - particularly to combat aerial threat of Kiefer Moore & Sean Morrison...

UTB

Back
Top Bottom