Sheffield United vs Chesterfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
CHES
CHES
CHES
Status
Ratings for this match closed

Comments

much, much, much much better than one week earlier - now don't rest on those laurels, you have to do it again and again and again...........

Decent performance, impressed by Sammons work rate, pus he set up both goals, almost set Scougall up and had his own disallowed. Edgar looks solid and the back four seemed calmer with him there.

Good result, much improved on last week, Moving in the right direction maybe but a long way to go yet. I would say that we are currently on a par with Chesterfield except that we had more of a cutting edge than they did.

Much better going forwards then most games under Clough last season. More pace and more direct. However our midfield must improve in the middle. Good test at Peterboro' this Tuesday, looking forward to it.

I must say the result of all our opinions is a fantastic measure and more than the truth for yesterday IMO.

Great third homecoming Billy Sharp. Well done Mark Howard. Welcome David Edgar. Hard work much valued Connor Sammon. He's a Blade- Neal Collins. Che - just keep your feet on the ground, it's all there. Louis, be patient, your time will come.

When you get men in the box the ball falls to them. Nobody there , nobody knocks in the rebounds.

Connor Sammon my MOM followed by Che, Billy, Mark Howard and David Edgar

Much better although we had the luck. Front 2 promising. Back 4 much more secure, McEveley better at full-back; Edgar excellent and Collins' confidence has returned. Baxter & especially Scougall powderpuff in midfield - preferred J Wall & Reed.

Collins back with confidence helped by a strong home debut by Edgar and Jay back where he is best, left full back . Mark Howard showed all how to command a goal area and made some good saves. Che showed that we have a ready made replacement for Jamie. Jose seems to be still a little casual at times but looks much fitter. Connor gave us the best target man performance we have enjoyed for years.

Blades dis well to score 2 goals, Chesterfield played very attractive football and were unlucky not to get a point. Howard distribution was fantastic , Edgar was very good, but I felt that Basham never turned up, Scougall was out muscled every time , and Jose could not get his passing act on, but we were positive going forward which as we know is what the fans love, you forgive the rest

How were Chesterfield unlucky not to get a point? What part did luck play in the game? I saw no examples of bad luck for them. I saw excellent defending and finishing by us. Any luck fell in their favour when what should have been a goal was oddly not allowed.

didnt get the dean saunders Chesterfield view because they really only started pressuring us around 65-70 mins

I don't like saying it, because I don't like singling players out, but if we had a better option than Scougall on the left we'd have scored at least another goal I'm sure. We had 3 or 4 very good counter attacking situations that broke down due to his weakness on the ball.

I havent heard saunders comments but there were a few last ditch blocks a the back And notably the clearence in the second half when their guy looked a mile offside...

We need to have more prolonged spells of pressure, pick up a few better midfielders to keep the pressure on, scougall just isnt physical enough and looks lost now in league one sadly...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom