Coventry City vs Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

COV
COV
COV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed

Comments

I came to the match more to pay respects to Hodgy & Baldy but was pleasantly surprised at the overall improvement in effort from our players. Having Done pressing up front makes a big difference as he harassed their goalkeeper and defenders in to rushed clearances. Woolford didn't do enough to earn a shirt never mind his wages.Welcome back Brayford

Long and Hammond are becoming key players. Brayford and Done always were. Why can't Done and Sharp play as a front two?
Flynn introduced up front and Scougall kept wide left - manager not thinking straight. Coutts and Woolford almost passengers, but at least Woolford holds his position defensively; Coutts must be a right good talker to keep being selected.

However ugly, the win was all important today. Adkins tactics and team spirit were spot on. Probably need a few more battling displays like that to stabilise the ship. Hopefully, confidence will then return and with some team strengthening in January we can start playing football again.

Yes 3 ugly points, but a shocking display by the Blades it took 49 minutes for our first shot and that missed by a mile If Coventry had took their chances they would have won, we had no attacking flair what so ever, unless you think 3 shots for 90minutes is attacking. They outplayed us but lost. That's football I guess you got to take your chances.

Woolford had the worst game I have seen one of our players play this season. J Mc carried him first half.
Matt Done MOTM with good substitutions making the difference.

Vey good performance from Long, but still very poor from those in front of him albeit with a bit more effort and grit. Still haven't a clue what people see in Hammond.

Nice to see a bit of fight in the team MOM Long, I thought Brayford and Edgar were ok but the other two deary me. Midfield average but Woolford gets a 1 from me for putting his shirt on the right way round. Sammon gets a 2 as he did make one decent pass.

Woolford and Sammon woeful - McEverley lucky to stay on the pitch, Collins a liability -Well Done George Long !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom