What has happened?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you don’t spend on this league you go backwards.

I think Berge’s best position is the anchor role he plays currently. The two at the side of him look lost at the minute.

It probably is, but we don't have the players to play him there currently. I'd rather have Norwood on and play him at RCM over Lundstram.

I didn’t think it was that bad for 80 minutes with 10 men defended well disappointed to concede to another set piece but we got in to some decent positions again just final ball and whenever you miss a penalty it always makes it worse but I’m certain atleast 1 attacker will come in before October 6th

The regularity in which we go direct has to be responsible for some of it.

It doesn’t work at this level. The ball comes STRAIGHT BACK and sides have sufficient quality to hurt us out of possession. PL CBs are big, strong, aerially dominant and capable of covering the ground when turned round.

On top of this, the speed at which we move the ball through the thirds has become noticeably slower. This gives our opponents too much time to reorganise making creating chances and breaking through the lines that much more difficult.

It is a major conundrum. I actually believe (with an obvious exception) that we have offensive players in the squad that, with the right service, could thrive. Or at the very least, look better than they do right now.

Cards on table. It’s time to go with the 3:4:1:2 again.

Dids in the 10. Berge as DCM / Pivot man gives us more presence to be expansive. It’s a risk but one i would seriously consider.

Take your pick for the two forwards. Good Moose (if we ever see him again) would be an obvious one IMHO.

Stick or twist gaffer ????????

UTB

It doesn’t work at this level. The ball comes STRAIGHT BACK and sides have sufficient quality to hurt us out of possession. PL CBs are big, strong, aerially dominant and capable of covering the ground when turned round.

On top of this, the speed at which we move then ball through the thirds has become noticeably slower. This gives our opponents too much time to reorganise making creating chances and breaking through the lines that much more difficult.

It is a major conundrum. I actually believe (with an obvious exception) that we have offensive players in the squad that, with the right service, could thrive. Or at the very least, look better than they do right now.

Dids in the 10. Berge as DCM / Pivot man gives us more presence to be expansive. It’s a risk but one i would seriously consider.

Take your pick for the two forwards. Good Moose (if we ever see him again) would be an obvious one IMHO.

UTB
YES. We need to play with a No. 10 to create chances

Agree with your first paragraph but not about Berge. He was very good again. Strong as an ox, opposition players can't get near him, closes down, drives forward, superb passer, rarely loses the ball, has an eye for a threaded pass. Looks some player to me. I don't think I'm on my own as the fan ratings on this forum show how good he has been of late.

I’m probably going to get slated for this but I didn’t think we were that bad tonight, we’re just not getting the rub of the green.

I also think we need to rain in our expectations a little, we’re a mid table side and are going to lose some games.
However, I am concerned about the start Ramsdale has made and I’ve held off the lad and given him some time but can anybody tell me what Sander Berge does, complete waste of money?
UTB

Last edited:
Invited pressure from the 12th minute. Too much pressure on a defence for a prolonged period time and there is bound to be a defensive error
From the 12th minute... when we had one less player?

Villa also made their own defensive error, despite having the extra player. Sadly it was a poor penalty.

We have, on the squad, but the first team hasn’t been improved since 2:30pm 5th May 2019 at Stoke

I darent mention the recruitment. Everytime I do I get shot down by everyone on here.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that for large parts last season, and certainly since lockdown we’ve struggled to create and convert chances.

Yes, I’m concerned about results and we need to stop the rot ASAP. However, I’m much more concerned about the ethos we seem to have adopted. There is no doubt we are deliberately favouring percentage football, punting and hoping for a break, rather than getting the ball down and playing through midfield. It’s as Blackwell as I can remember. Midfielders in possession constantly seem outnumbered, and there doesn’t seem to be much cohesion in any of our forward play.

Not only has some of the football been appalling to watch, but when you have ten men, you’re having to work even harder if you keep aimlessly giving the ball away. Even average premier league teams will punish us if we remain consistently careless in possession.

I’m not tying to overreact but, watching us punt and hope, sit deep and struggle to create more than a couple of chances is starting to wear thin!

I darent mention the recruitment. Everytime I do I get shot down by everyone on here.

I'm interested, rank them all in value for money. Mine to date is:

McBurnie 4/10
Moose 4/10
C Robinson 3/10
L Freeman 3/10
S Berge 7/10
A Ramsdale 4/10
Osborn 5/10

The rest I haven't seen yet although the highlights from the other night suggest the Derby lads are good additions.

On top of this, the speed at which we move the ball through the thirds has become noticeably slower. This gives our opponents too much time to reorganise making creating chances and breaking through the lines that much more difficult.

UTB
#Bringbackthe10

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that for large parts last season, and certainly since lockdown we’ve struggled to create and convert chances.

Yes, I’m concerned about results and we need to stop the rot ASAP. However, I’m much more concerned about the ethos we seem to have adopted. There is no doubt we are deliberately favouring percentage football, punting and hoping for a break, rather than getting the ball down and playing through midfield. It’s as Blackwell as I can remember. Midfielders in possession constantly seem outnumbered, and there doesn’t seem to be much cohesion in any of our forward play.

Not only has some of the football been appalling to watch, but when you have ten men, you’re having to work even harder if you keep aimlessly giving the ball away. Even average premier league teams will punish us if we remain consistently careless in possession.

I’m not tying to overreact but, watching us punt and hope, sit deep and struggle to create more than a couple of chances is starting to wear thin!
What a great comment

Yes, was just looking like this, we are averaging creating 2 less chances per game since restart (including this season so far). Maybe it is just the smaller sample size or perhaps things like lack of fans is having an impact. Interesting that most teams appear to have been somewhat less creative - our problem is we weren't starting from a point on strength in terms of volume of opportunities being created!

Chances per game.png
Change in chances per game.png

Why is this forum putting up with these obvious pigs posting negative shit, its getting as bad as bladesmad.
Please do something about it

Lot of negative comments on here tonight as you’d expect with our recent form BUT it’s not that bad, the performances aren’t as dire as some are making out. Leeds is a must win.

can anybody tell me what Sander Berge does, complete waste of money?
UTB
Berge has probably completed more forward dribbles in first 2 games than Norwood did all last season.

He also gets himself into the box more than Norwood (although his decision making when in the box probably needs sharpening)

We’ve got an excellent yardstick to measure ourselves by this coming Sunday. If we prevent free-scoring Leeds from getting any goals... I would consider that a great success. But if we also fail to score again, especially against such a flaky defence, would concern me greatly.

I'm interested, rank them all in value for money. Mine to date is:

McBurnie 4/10
Moose 4/10
C Robinson 3/10
L Freeman 3/10
S Berge 7/10
A Ramsdale 4/10
Osborn 5/10

The rest I haven't seen yet although the highlights from the other night suggest the Derby lads are good additions.

You’ve rated Ramsdale a 4/10 on 180 minutes where the goals aren’t his fault.

Your opinion isn’t as valid as others as you don’t know your football. Have a great day.

Since Project Restart we have been truly terrible to watch.

We have been lost for ideas on way to attack, it makes it so easy for teams to defend against us. The gap between the midfield three and strikers is huge, there is no one there to add fluidity in our attacks which results in us having to play hopeless balls up to whoever the striker is.

Every team we play against makes sure their wingers are as high up the pitch as possible to keep our wing backs as far back as they can which means that Norwood cannot flourish as his trademark pass is the diagonal to the overlap, this very rarely happens now. The players we currently have in midfield aren’t good enough at attacking. Berge is comfortably our best player, the majority of passes he loses possession in are usually due to the players around him being not good enough as they are 2/3 passes behind him.

The strike force is absolutely woeful, we averaged 2.7 shots on target last year which is absolutely terrible and struggled scoring as we don’t play to some of our strikers strengths. There is no creativity and we struggle to make half a chance in a game, you cannot perform like that in a ruthless league like the Premier League otherwise you will be relegated.

I am not knocking Ramsdale but why is he exaggerating all these dives in the first 2 game’s when they’re very easy saves. His positioning for the Konsa goal was also very very poor. He ain’t helped by the defence either as they have been caught sleeping a fair few times.

In the past three windows we have improved the squad quite a lot but the first team? Not a chance, and it could well and truly cost us this season.
Truly terrible.
When we beat wolves - terrible. When we beat Tottenham - terrible . When we destroyed Chelsea - terrible.

You’ve rated Ramsdale a 4/10 on 180 minutes where the goals aren’t his fault.

Your opinion isn’t as valid as others as you don’t know your football. Have a great day.
I don't get why people's opinion's are somehow invalid. Give the guy a break!

He's clearly basing it on what he's seen so far in a Blades shirt.

I hope Rammers ends up having a great return. He's 22 and at that age could be a sound investment for years to come.

He's not going to reach his potential if everyone sugar coats his performances.

The team overall has not started well. But neither has he. It looks like we were spoiled with Hendo in goal. On what we have seen only, Hendo seemed to show more agility and nimble feet. When Ramsdale dives, he seems to not get up so high. He seems to not use his feet much. He appeared flat footed against Wolves for their second and also for the one yesterday.

I'd agree it is a small quota and you hope over time there are more highlights to look forward to. But so far, his performances have shown more goals than saves. Now his save in the second half was exceptional and maybe Hendo wouldn't have done that one. There is something to work with. Bit when you look at the two I mentioned and the speed of those efforts I'd be hoping my keeper makes a better job of them. Be that better positioning, anticipation or foot movement.

At the moment I've been a little underwhelmed with what I have seen. That's not to say the lad can't go on and have a great season. But sugar coating there things will do him no favours either. He can expect better of himself.

We've started to turn down opportunities to put early crosses in and seem reluctant to shoot. I'd love to see one of our midfielders drive forward and have a strike from 25 yards out now and again. I can't remember the last time we attempted a shot from that distance. Fleck, Norwood, Berge and Lundstram are all capable.

We've started to turn down opportunities to put early crosses in and seem reluctant to shoot. I'd love to see one of our midfielders drive forward and have a strike from 25 yards out now and again. I can't remember the last time we attempted a shot from that distance. Fleck, Norwood, Berge and Lundstram are all capable.
Ampadu-Berge-Osborn my new 3 in the middle.

Too many clowns posting nonsense on here tonight. See where we are at Christmas. Logging off till we sign Brewster in the morning.
Hi Dillis, do you know what’s happening with this, it sounded imminent the other night?

These last 10 months have made me hate football. It’s shown that the Prem is nothing more than a sterile, money grabbing wank stain that cares nothing for the fans or the clubs outside of the ‘big six’. This is not a sour fan pre-empting the obvious about to come, but someone who genuinely loves football (proper football) and had some of the best away days in League 1 and the Championship. None of this Monday night 8pm bollox away at Man City or wherever but 4,000 at Port Vale on a Saturday at 3pm! At the time I yearned for Man City etc but let’s admit, our face will never fit (the ‘elite’ won’t allow) and I look back and think they were proper days out! So basically what I’m saying in a convoluted way, is that we’re about to be relegated but so fucking what!

Back
Top Bottom