Ultra Rare United Shirt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Come on then own up. Who have I just been bidding against for this?

Screenshot_2020-11-13-19-24-38-770_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

It was on £16 until 30secs to go. Went to £18. I put £200 with 5secs remaining and was still outbid.

This is a shirt that was never released for sale. It's the away kit we wore in the 09/10 season instead of wearing the anniversary kit.

Vintage Shirt - was it you ?

View attachment 97871

It was on £16 until 30secs to go. Went to £18. I put £200 with 5secs remaining and was still outbid.

This is a shirt that was never released for sale. It's the away kit we wore in the 09/10 season instead of wearing the anniversary kit.

I was on that one. Think I bid £20 on it 4 days ago or summat. Shocked to see it go for that price.

Edit: I bid £12

Matt, I'm sure I've got a couple of old you can have for £200, no need to waste time on eBay!

this was never released as a replica and is therefore ultra rare. So this will be a match worn player issue shirt, well worth £200, and probably a lot more. especially with it being a popular player’s shirt at the time. Its money well spent if its something youre into and collect, and would only increase in value.

Got to say though with that pull right on the stomach, unfinished threads and a badge that looks like it was attached later (I have a tee with that on I bought around the time) and god knows what the back looks it's not the finest specimen.

View attachment 97871

Bet the vendor is well happy you banged £200 on it otherwise it would've gone for £18

Many years ago Bert was offered a motorcycle engine for £500. A Laverda 750 SFC.

He thought it was too expensive.

It would be upwards of £20,000 now.
My dad bought a terraced house back in the 80s for about £12,000. He was offered the entire row of 10.

I would be seshed up in the Bahamas now if he had done.

Reactions: Dkc
My dad bought a terraced house back in the 80s for about £12,000. He was offered the entire row of 10.

Bert bought one for £5,500 in 1979.

Also when his grandfather died in 1950 the will gave his children the choice of either £100 or a house.

Life choices.
First job, wanted house. It was the mid 80’s. Terrace house just down from Golden Lion for just under £10k. Wanted to live near town and the Lane. Didn’t like job much.
So choice was stay in job didn’t like but paid well and buy house
OR
Go to University, study a subject that was interested in, travel a bit, be poor, pay rent and delay getting on housing ladder for ten years.
Life choices...

Life choices.
First job, wanted house. It was the mid 80’s. Terrace house just down from Golden Lion for just under £10k. Wanted to live near town and the Lane. Didn’t like job much.
So choice was stay in job didn’t like but paid well and buy house
OR
Go to University, study a subject that was interested in, travel a bit, be poor, pay rent and delay getting on housing ladder for ten years.
Life choices...
WTF is the “Housing Ladder”? Is it just buying a house, fucking brain dead phrase.

Once you're on it, you can work your way up it. Trouble is, it's getting more and more difficult to get on it
Saw a chart a few weeks back that outlined average wage to average house price and the ease of purchasing a house based on that. The gap now is about 100 times larger than it was.

Grandparents had it easy lime they'll never believe.

The one in the OP which are match worn only as never released as replica.

Last season's third shirt. Luminous but with USG sponsor, not Ramsdens (again, never released).

Then I need the Ramsdens home promotion shirt - white back.
Would those 3 be your collection complete then?

Back
Top Bottom