Talking to a Palace supporter. You'll never guess!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WalkelyFan

Reaction score
On the way home I heard some Palace supporters complaining about their players. I asked them friendly as possible whom they were complaining about and one of them said all of them. "But" he said - " you are bound to be relegated because that's the worst we've played since we got into the Premiership, and that as good as you'll ever be".

I did point out as gently as possible that nearly every fan of every team we've beaten in our rise from the First Division has said exacfly the same. Remarkably it happens to nearly every team we play. I await Roy's "View from Palace" with great pleasure.

I've just posted a similar thread...........I knew I was right!

Its cos we're hoofers and fizzycal lumpers. Spoilers.
We shouldnt be allowed innthe PL imo.

Those first 5mins I was thinking that they looked better players than ours and I thought for the remaining 85mins that they might(?) be better but had no plan. I don't want to sound like a piggy but would you want us to buy any of them on todays performance? I wouldn't.

On the way home I heard some Palace supporters complaining about their players. I asked them friendly as possible whom they were complaining about and one of them said all of them. "But" he said - " you are bound to be relegated because that's the worst we've played since we got into the Premiership, and that as good as you'll ever be".

I did point out as gently as possible that nearly every fan of every team we've beaten in our rise from the First Division has said exacfly the same. Remarkably it happens to nearly every team we play. I await Roy's "View from Palace" with great pleasure.
Heard exactly the same in the pub too, amazing how it keeps happening, we must've fluked the best defensive record last year...

It funny that " the worst they have played " that's what Bournemouth fans said last week , its nothing to do with our awesome defence and midfield though is it ??

"Palace were the sixth-best team in the Premier League away from home last season, based on counter-attacking style which suited some of their more skilful player such as Zaha and Andros Townsend.

But they were unable to impose themselves in this encounter and appeared not to have to the answers to United's guile and energy.

Zaha was their most dangerous outlet, but when he was well marshalled by the Blades defence, they did not appear to have another strategy."

Pretty much sums it up for me. We didn't let them get a sniff on goal for most of the game. Can't think of a single chance they've had where you thought "He really should've scored that", and can't even say they've put in any dangerous crosses. Meanwhile, I think McGoldrick will be gutted it wasn't 2-0.

Palace got nothing on the counter. They couldn't pass through us when they had the ball. They struggled to get out from the back when we pressed. They did only as much we allowed them to. Yeah, I'm sure they'll be disappointed with how they've played but they're far from the first team I've watched us do that to.

Palace had the 6th best away record last year. Solid shape with pace, power and trickery on the break.

But we were so well balanced, and played with such discipline and energy that we made that record seem implausible.

Every time Zaha faced up our full back, our wide midfielder dropped in to cover his mate. That’s planning, team spirit and graft. Lovely to watch.

I was fearful today because of their excellent away record but I was very disappointed with them to be honest. They seemed to lack any plan beyond trying to get the ball to Zaha at every opportunity. That said I thought we were superb defensively and were worthy winners.

Palace WERE shit though. Proper hoofball, I thought the Prem was supposed to be good. Absolutely nothing to fear on evidence so far if Palace scored 6 goals away at City and Liverpool last year.

Palace and Bournemouth weren't at their best when we played them interesting... not how well we play no?

With at least 30 mins to go, Palace's heads went down. They were hoping for something to happen rather than making it happen. But then I looked a Palace's dugout and saw Woy Hodgson, a never-has-been manager, head down, hands in pockets. Great motivation.

Instead of criticising the Blades, they should have a 'Palace's View About Roy'. (See what I did there?)

I saw a Palace fan earlier, I took a picture to show my kids.

With at least 30 mins to go, Palace's heads went down. They were hoping for something to happen rather than making it happen. But then I looked a Palace's dugout and saw Woy Hodgson, a never-has-been manager, head down, hands in pockets. Great motivation.

Instead of criticising the Blades, they should have a 'Palace's View About Roy'. (See what I did there?)

Had his head darn before we’d even kicked off. Apparently it was a bit too noisy for him!!
917CD543-6452-4769-808E-438CBD563A4C.jpeg

it is a huge coincidence that Bournemouth & Palace have been off form when we've played them. i hope our luck holds out 🤣

It was a regular event last season. We outclassed Villa home and away last season, with their fans saying it’s the worse they’ve played for years.
This season I predict that many teams will have really poor performances against us because as Wilder says “we take the game away from the opposition”.

We are notoriously slow starters under Wilder, our defending was great again and yet again Henderson hardly had a save to make
BUT we can play better than today and I expect us to get better once we’ve adapted to the new league.

There will be a lot of teams coming to the Lane trying to console themselves after getting beat by saying that that was their worst performance......

Bang on the money

Sorry that we didn't let Zaha run around lots and let Benteke win loadsa headers.

Silly us

Given the performance he put on the last time Benteke played against us, I'd have given him the freedom of the penalty box. Good winner from our #7 that day as well

I’d possibly say we will get similar feedback until we’re 2/3 seasons established

Back
Top Bottom