Stadium and facilities redevelopment post KMC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We should be more concerned on continued squad strengthening and keeping Wilder.

I've spoken to two of his mates recently and neither exuded confidence about the possible picture come the summer.

The owner has no money and needs to buy the ground.
Because of course Wilder’s mates will have an in depth knowledge of the Prince’s financial situation.

We should be more concerned on continued squad strengthening and keeping Wilder.

I've spoken to two of his mates recently and neither exuded confidence about the possible picture come the summer.

The owner has no money and needs to buy the ground.
Let's all hope Kev wins his appeal then so we can have an owner with no money who will sell off our good players taking us back to league one where losses are more managable. We could also shut the John st stand and turn it into even more student flats.

Because of course Wilder’s mates will have an in depth knowledge of the Prince’s financial situation.

Course they fucking don't but he's clearly imparted some financial concerns.

No-one's predicting guaranteed doom but let's not pretend beyond this season is guaranteed rosy either.

Let's all hope Kev wins his appeal then so we can have an owner with no money who will sell off our good players taking us back to league one where losses are more managable. We could also shut the John st stand and turn it into even more student flats.

You seem to have presumed my post was a simple pro KM anti Prince post for some reason.

It was nothing more than saying some who have known Wilder decades and speak to him regularly, aren't exactly assuming it will unicorns and rainbows next season for one reason or another.

Course they fucking don't but he's clearly imparted some financial concerns.

No-one's predicting guaranteed doom but let's not pretend beyond this season is guaranteed rosy either.
I doubt that Wilder has much of a clue about the Prince’s finances either. There’s no reason he would. If you had been chatting to the Prince’s accountant I’d give it a bit more credibility.

But lets be thankful that McCabe is no longer in charge of the purse strings and trying to do everything on the cheap.

You seem to have presumed my post was a simple pro KM anti Prince post for some reason.

It was nothing more than saying some who have known Wilder decades and speak to him regularly, aren't exactly assuming it will unicorns and rainbows next season for one reason or another.
No not at all but when Chris' mates get mentioned it always seems like they are pro McCabe you do not see many posts from anyone where his mates have anything good to say about the Prince.

If 'Ar Kev' walks off into the sunset with a nice payout, but things are sour with HRH. What would you think may happen with any stadium or facilities redevelopments?
I remember CW saying we needed to upgrade Shirecliffe. Infact I remember Abdullah during the trial mentioning possibly even selling Shirecliffe and building a new training ground elsewhere. What about the current stadium plans. Will they be shelved and something 'grander' out into place? And would Scarborough be booted off any redevelopment plans and someone else designing and building the new bits if things turn badly for KMC/HRH?
I love that we were all slagging PA off when he said we could sell the training ground. I'm sorry, but as an owner I would 100% sell the training ground if theres the possibility of buying somewhere else and developing it to the facilities that we require to attract big names and for CW to continue turning players from normal to world beaters

No not at all but when Chris' mates get mentioned it always seems like they are pro McCabe you do not see many posts from anyone where his mates have anything good to say about the Prince.

No mention of either tbf.

I love that we were all slagging PA off when he said we could sell the training ground. I'm sorry, but as an owner I would 100% sell the training ground if theres the possibility of buying somewhere else and developing it to the facilities that we require to attract big names and for CW to continue turning players from normal to world beaters
When you look at the training ground of Swansea it is a must we urgently upgrade ours. Swansea's training facility makes ours look like a blow up tent in a field if you know what I mean 😉

When you look at the training ground of Swansea it is a must we urgently upgrade ours. Swansea's training facility makes ours look like a blow up tent in a field if you know what I mean 😉

If we're to look to the future this is the model for new training facilities we should aspire to.

By the time work begins there'll be even better options available, but now's the time to consider where our ambitions lie, and if a club such as Swansea can create something this good then we should too.

What’s the problem with having a new stadium with great facilities? The soulless bowl argument is complete bollocks, the fans will make an atmosphere irrespective of the design.
Where’s that happening then?

I think we would all be for the training ground sale if we bought and designed somewhere grander.
FWIW I don't think we will be selling those facilities anytime soon, so they will be potentially 'upgraded' until we move elsewhere.
Were would a potential site be? It would probably need to be within 30-40 mins from BL?
Any spare plots of land available within the distance that is big enough?

I think we would all be for the training ground sale if we bought and designed somewhere grander.
FWIW I don't think we will be selling those facilities anytime soon, so they will be potentially 'upgraded' until we move elsewhere.
Were would a potential site be? It would probably need to be within 30-40 mins from BL?
Not sure that’s necessary. Arsenal and Chelsea train a long way from their stadiums. (But 30-40 minutes in London gets you about a mile down the road anyway).

I don’t think Leicester, Brighton or Spurs are having any issues. Are they?
Hmmmm. It was fucking rubbish at Tottenham this year, and Leicester has always been shit too - have you been? So shit in fact, that they’ve introduced those totally cringeworthy clackers now.

Perhaps we have different standards on what defines good.

Hmmmm. It was fucking rubbish at Tottenham this year, and Leicester has always been shit too - have you been? So shit in fact, that they’ve introduced those totally cringeworthy clackers now.

Leicester playing great football and sitting 2nd in the table, can’t imagine that’s a shocking atmosphere right now?

Spurs has by and large been decent since they moved from the matches I’ve seen on TV, obviously when they made a bad start to the season it had an impact on the atmosphere.

Basically, the stadium design isn’t the biggest factor when it comes to atmosphere, the quality of the football is. The Lane had a crap one when it was half empty and we were playing crap football under Adrian Heath.

With the football being played under Wilder, we’d produce a great atmosphere in 99% of football stadiums. It’s only the athletics stadiums that hinder the atmosphere in my opinion.

in an ideal world :-
1. Demolish the Kop and build bigger with a gradient ensuring you can see over the person in front’s head. Fill in the corners to both stands.
Focus in design on acoustics, projecting noise into the pitch lifting the players.
2. Move the pitch towards the South Stand and slightly closer to the Kop or slightly shorten the pitch.
3.Rebuild a bigger John Street moving it forward and again increasing the gradient so the new capacity stays within the footprint.
4. Add onto the front of the Bramall Lane with a similarly steep extension increasing capacity.

Hey presto a tight steep atmospheric similar to Anfield retaining out heritage.
However phase this over many years with a 12 year vision depending on success on the pitch demand and capital available. Only do it when we can afford it and get away with 3 sided pitch for a while which is definitely not now or next season.

Then sit at home watching it on telly with the sound off.

I wouldn't judge the atmosphere on the day that we went there, because 56,000 Spurs fans had nothing to get excited about at all. We kept them quiet on the pitch and that means quiet on the terraces too. I thought Tottenham was an amazing experience. The stadium is fantastic. The other thing I liked about the new stadium was that the fans are close to the pitch.

I think some of the new "bowl" stadiums are rubbish - I agree. But not Spurs - no way! West Ham yes.

I wouldn't judge the atmosphere on the day that we went there, because 56,000 Spurs fans had nothing to get excited about at all. We kept them quiet on the pitch and that means quiet on the terraces too. I thought Tottenham was an amazing experience. The stadium is fantastic. The other thing I liked about the new stadium was that the fans are close to the pitch.

I think some of the new "bowl" stadiums are rubbish - I agree. But not Spurs - no way! West Ham yes.
Agreed - but we aren’t Spurs. If we were to build a new stadium, it would much more likely resemble the “29 / 30” other new grounds rather than WHL.

And the atmosphere was still shit when we played them for whatever reason, and hasn’t impressed me at other times whe I’ve observed.

Agreed - but we aren’t Spurs. If we were to build a new stadium, it would much more likely resemble the “29 / 30” other new grounds rather than WHL.

And the atmosphere was still shit when we played them for whatever reason, and hasn’t impressed me at other times whe I’ve observed.

I agree we aren't Spurs, but we need to aspire to be getting towards that level whether anyone thinks that's realistic or not. To think United are going to spend £1Billion on a rebuilt Lane is completely crazy, but we don't need something like Spurs as we aren't going to be hosting NFL or regular gigs from international superstars.

Look at Juventus as an example, their stadium cost €155m (according to Wikipedia) when completed in 2011, so I'd like to think we could build a world class stadium whilst keeping a traditional Bramall Lane feel for say £150m-£200m. It's obviously ridiculous to suggest we spend something like that at the moment, but in 5-10 years it could be far more realistic. If Wilder is still at the club in 5 years time, can anyone honestly say that spending £200m on a new stadium would be a still be a stupid suggestion?

Agree. I think there’s enough development capacity at BDBTL and it’s a great location and atmosphere. I honestly don’t envy any of these clubs in their new stadia. We could add another 8,000 to our ground with a 2 tier kop and South stand and it would be the best traditional ground and atmosphere in the Football League. It’ll come, though probably not for a couple of years. We have to bide our time until we’ve established ourselves as a top European side and King Kev has slipped away over the horizon.

Any spare plots of land available within the distance that is big enough?
30-40 mins from Bramall Lane would get you to the outskirts of Nottingham, Derby and Leeds.
I reckon something could be found somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom