So, what happened?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep I believe so.

Moore never uses his feet and seems to get down in slow motion.

It's not like the second went in the corner, it was just to the side of him, stick a foot out, I think Henderson would have. As it was Moore was still upright when the ball was about to cross the line. His dive over and roll was embarrassing.

The third, Henderson, or any other keeper because Christ knows what Moore thought was going to happen, would have covered the goal for the shot rather than running to the person crossing the ball 5 yards out leaving the net wide open.

Result might not have been any different, could have been rebounds etc, and sure Jags isn't Egan, but I hope we have Verrips for the away fixture.
Delusional. No keeper in the world is saving shots from inside the 6yd box unless they get very lucky. Egan would have blocked /put more pressure on the shots

Delusional. No keeper in the world is saving shots from inside the 6yd box unless they get very lucky. Egan would have blocked /put more pressure on the shots

Third wasn't a shot from inside the 6 yard box. It was a tap in to an empty net because the keeper just decided to fuck off.

Also, Henderson has saved shots from closer this season. I'm not saying they wouldn't have got a rebound, but Henderson would have got to them. Moore doesn't have the ability to predict the play or the reaction times.

I love lunny but personally thought today was one his worse games of the season. Gave the ball away numerous times and broke a couple of good moves down. He's earned it and don't deny his effort, but quite a lot just didn't come off for him. Maybe you see it differently on TV? First name on the team sheet next week still.

Thought Jags had a good game but we missed Egan. Two of their goals would have been stopped either by him or his organisation.
Totally agree. Frustrating to say Jags had a good game but possibly Egan would have protected the lead. Maybe Jags could have done a bit better with their second, but overall a joy to see him in that defence and winning tackles in that type of game.

Are we really finding fault at only drawing with Manchester United
Seems like only yesterday we lost 3-0 at home to Southend

Let's not forget Maguire cost more than our entire squad
We were .missing Egan and Hendo and then had moose injured. Martial 60m James 60m Rashford probably worth more
And we are pondering what's gone wrong

Some need their bumps feeling

We are easing in new signings from championship clubs. Get a fucking grip.

Show a bit of faith in Wilder

Last edited:
This Hendo a fucking magician?

Two shots from 6yds out and he"ve had saved em both?

I think Egan in the 6yd box would have made more of a difference

We have just drawn with Man U whilst missing our first choice keeper and a vital part of the back line. Jags and Mooro were always on a hiding to nothing Maidenhead.

To be honest, we started exactly as I thought we should, despite being two key players short. Tight, reading each other and exploiting Man United's critical weaknesses - one of which is they aren't Man United of ten, fifteen years ago and have gone through some torrid times at the hands of some frankly shit managers.

Loved our ability to push them far into their half, loved the pressing, loved the ability to deny their front three of anything. Mouse was tactically placed to stand on the lumpen Jones, Didsy was class and our midfield was seriously, acut well above a midfield orth ten times their assumed value. We deserved to be three up by the break and De Gea was the difference in it being two more than it was. Everyone else in Man U colours was totally dogshit and they looked stunned to be having to go in at half time one down. The fact that we came out eager for more in the second half was not surprising but ... here's the weakness.

The first goal of theirs, we were practically in the shower and chucking our strip in the dirty kit bin. We'd not allowed Man U the width they suddenly had available and the cross would have been mopped up with the usual Basham-Egan-O'Connell combination. Great finish, mind. Be nice if Stevens or Baldock can do that from the deep lying wingback position. They can do it. But the second and third? Step forward Jags. Allowed the ball across his body to the attacker (fatal mistake for someone so experienced) and the second one was hopelessly out of position for the pull back. You could see it all in his face. I doubt that Egan - or Stearman - would have let that happen. I'm not taking anything away from Man U's ability to turn a wheezy jog into a lungbusting sprint, but as soon as we lacked the guile up front with Mouse and McGoldrick, we looked like that scoreline had been in place all match. It was tributes to the players for going at them for the equaliser ... and fuck off, it was nowhere near a handball.

Shame for us tonight. 70 minutes of class, five minutes of lack of concentration, ten minutes of struggling to get something back and five minutes of VAR. We deserved a lot more.

Moore 8/10: Good stops where needed. Possibly could have got down for the first. Hendo would have and there is the difference between them both.
Baldock 9/10: Great performance and looks PL quality
Basham 8/10: Still has those 'shit your pants moments' with his 50p heading, but left nowt out on the Desso
Jagielka 6.5/10: He's cracking on a bit ... and it shows. Brilliant times challenges at times but at fault for two of theirs
O'Connell 8.5/10: Great shift. I thought he was our best Centre Back
Stevens 8/10: Again, some quality stuff down the flanks at times even if he does hold it up a bit at times
Fleck 10/10: I thought he was fucking awesome.
Norwood 7.5/10: Less so. Telling moment was his mishit 'pass' into touch at the kick off after one of the goals. Sometimes 'simple' is better than 'complex'
Lundstram 9/10: Still defies belief as yesterday's transfer out possible. Can't see us completing the season without him now and we need to get his contract sorted, fast (if we haven't already)
Moussett 9.5/10: Christ, he's difficult. He just harries and badgers, never gives it up. Hope that hamstring injury is just a tweak
McGoldrick 10/10: Such craft and guile. Such a clever player. I hope to fuck he gets his goal soon

McBurnie 8/10: Was there when it counted and did the job
Sharp 7/10: Didn't get much chance to make an impact
Robinson nm: See above

Wilder: 8/10: Deserved the lead but fuck me, if you lose your outlet and you ability to keep the opposition in their half, don't try to one-for-one with a different attacker. McBurnie isn't Moussett and really, we could have done with taking Norwood off and putting Besic on and going 5-4-1 to stop the wide play which led to their goals.

Fucking great game though. We are awesome value.

pommpey

ps: If you are going to disagree with my 'out of tens', please do it like an adult, eh? Opinions are like arseholes. You have one, so do I.
Moore had no chance with the first.

Good read Pomps as per norm. But, how the fuck can you give McG 9.5? He missed a bang on sitter with the header (always head down from close range = a goal), also, when shooting, just try and avoid putting it down the keepers throat FFS, just a suggestion. He can't finish simple as that, but yeah, his overall link up game is great, but if we'd lost today, I'd be remembering his misses, not his link up play.
I remember him pulling Harry out of position to allow Mousse the space to score.He influences the game all over the park,the like of which we haven't seen for some time. If he'd put the header away he would arguably have been 10 / 10 for me.😉

Good read Pomps as per norm. But, how the fuck can you give McG 9.5? He missed a bang on sitter with the header (always head down from close range = a goal), also, when shooting, just try and avoid putting it down the keepers throat FFS, just a suggestion. He can't finish simple as that, but yeah, his overall link up game is great, but if we'd lost today, I'd be remembering his misses, not his link up play.
Yeah so he's our best player and vital to the team but I'm gonna focus on the negative because ..well ..I'm negative

RogerM, exactly what I saw. For some reason Lunny just stopped tracking his man and stopped tackling. I noticed it straight away. You’re probably correct assuming his legs had gone. He was invisible in the seven minutes of MU’s dominance. He seemed to recover at the end.
Lunny put so much effort in for 70 mins it was probably expected really.
Great game and fantastic determination shown by all the team.

When the same happened last season Tufty wasn't shy in switching to a 4-4-2 to counter, but today seemed to be slow to react to them over-loading Baldock and having James and rashford drifting out wide...

Yeah so he's our best player and vital to the team but I'm gonna focus on the negative because ..well ..I'm negative
Its unbelievable how negative this foram is tonight, this attitude permeates throughout the generations and results in constant failure on the pitch.
Some on here seem to crave failure so they can have a good moan whatever floats her boat I suppose, but the sa nbn e folk will be saying how great we were in years to come.

Moore & Jags were piss poor for them goals. Moore might aswell of been sat on Kop for 3rd. Where the hell was he going?!

Doesn't matter because we've drawn with Man U. He could have saved it, thrown it up in the air and scissor kicked it in his own net and would be immune from criticism.

RogerM, exactly what I saw. For some reason Lunny just stopped tracking his man and stopped tackling. I noticed it straight away. You’re probably correct assuming his legs had gone. He was invisible in the seven minutes of MU’s dominance. He seemed to recover at the end.
Lunny put so much effort in for 70 mins it was probably expected really.
Great game and fantastic determination shown by all the team.
I think his yellow card affected him,wasn’t the same player after that.

Just ran out of energy IMO. We were on our knees about 65 mins in. No idea how we mustered enough energy for an equaliser

Think Wilder called it well on Match of the Day.

He said that once Man Utd went 2-0 down....they had to take big risks and play 4 attacking players.
Wilder said that even Harry Maguire was pushing up into attack.

He said we really missed Mousset, when he went off injured.
with Msn Utd pushing numbers forward we needed an outlet (speedy player) to catch them on the break.

I don’t see where Jags was at fault for two of theirs, you can slightly criticise the wide Centre backs but the first was a cracker and the balls in for the other two were world class..
I saw it for the second. Came across him and I think Egan would have been on his toes and cleared it out. Third I couldn’t understand what Moore was doing but fucking hell, 3-3 and giving Man United a run around. Happy days.

View attachment 65276

Just look at his positioning here. He lets the ball drift right across his body with the opposition striker, right behind him.

View attachment 65277

Result

View attachment 65278

Third goal, instead of moving in on their advancing player earlier and cutting off his diagonal run toward the six yard box, he dithers and appears to want to mark Rashford. It opens up exactly the gap needed and allows Rashford enough time to receive and slot the ball home.

He was knackered as well. Should have brought Stears on earlier. Besic in the middle and gone 5-4-1

pommpey
Talking a lot of sense here. Exactly how I saw it although I am loathed to criticise anyone after that.

I don’t think Moore was at fault for the first, and I doubt hendo would have saved it either, it was a top class finish from the kid.

Definitely could have done better on the 3rd though.
He made it a bit easy being sold so easily but it wasn't a glaring error and given Rashford was unmarked with all the goal to aim at, I doubt it would have made a difference.

Take comfort in being negative when we are sat 6th in the PL.

McG had a great game his only fault that I`m sure he will overcome is his shots on goal go straight to the keeper. McBurnie you never know this might be the start of his goal scoring form. I also though Robinson did well to get the ball to him. I think his international goal might have done wonders for him. Hopefully Moose will be fit but there are several strikers knocking on the door.

What the game did show was how weak we are in depth for this level , Jags at 37 having to play 90 mins in front of a goal keeper who hasn't been first choice since we were playing in the third div. really,!!!
Once we lost the attack and had to rely on the defence we were up the creek with out a paddle
I don't see yesterday as a good point gained I see it as a blooming miracle we got owt

I remember him pulling Harry out of position to allow Mousse the space to score.He influences the game all over the park,the like of which we haven't seen for some time. If he'd put the header away he would arguably have been 10 / 10 for me.😉
the run he made for moose’s goal took 3 players out!!
Have a look at it!!
Brilliant!!

Moore had no chance with the first.
totally agree, it was another wonder strike like harvey barnes of leicester, the kid wont score a better goal in his career, and it gave them a hope and momentum that theyd not had all game, and for a 10 min spell they were really good

To be honest, we started exactly as I thought we should, despite being two key players short. Tight, reading each other and exploiting Man United's critical weaknesses - one of which is they aren't Man United of ten, fifteen years ago and have gone through some torrid times at the hands of some frankly shit managers.

Loved our ability to push them far into their half, loved the pressing, loved the ability to deny their front three of anything. Mouse was tactically placed to stand on the lumpen Jones, Didsy was class and our midfield was seriously, acut well above a midfield orth ten times their assumed value. We deserved to be three up by the break and De Gea was the difference in it being two more than it was. Everyone else in Man U colours was totally dogshit and they looked stunned to be having to go in at half time one down. The fact that we came out eager for more in the second half was not surprising but ... here's the weakness.

The first goal of theirs, we were practically in the shower and chucking our strip in the dirty kit bin. We'd not allowed Man U the width they suddenly had available and the cross would have been mopped up with the usual Basham-Egan-O'Connell combination. Great finish, mind. Be nice if Stevens or Baldock can do that from the deep lying wingback position. They can do it. But the second and third? Step forward Jags. Allowed the ball across his body to the attacker (fatal mistake for someone so experienced) and the second one was hopelessly out of position for the pull back. You could see it all in his face. I doubt that Egan - or Stearman - would have let that happen. I'm not taking anything away from Man U's ability to turn a wheezy jog into a lungbusting sprint, but as soon as we lacked the guile up front with Mouse and McGoldrick, we looked like that scoreline had been in place all match. It was tributes to the players for going at them for the equaliser ... and fuck off, it was nowhere near a handball.

Shame for us tonight. 70 minutes of class, five minutes of lack of concentration, ten minutes of struggling to get something back and five minutes of VAR. We deserved a lot more.

Moore 8/10: Good stops where needed. Possibly could have got down for the first. Hendo would have and there is the difference between them both.
Baldock 9/10: Great performance and looks PL quality
Basham 8/10: Still has those 'shit your pants moments' with his 50p heading, but left nowt out on the Desso
Jagielka 6.5/10: He's cracking on a bit ... and it shows. Brilliant times challenges at times but at fault for two of theirs
O'Connell 8.5/10: Great shift. I thought he was our best Centre Back
Stevens 8/10: Again, some quality stuff down the flanks at times even if he does hold it up a bit at times
Fleck 10/10: I thought he was fucking awesome.
Norwood 7.5/10: Less so. Telling moment was his mishit 'pass' into touch at the kick off after one of the goals. Sometimes 'simple' is better than 'complex'
Lundstram 9/10: Still defies belief as yesterday's transfer out possible. Can't see us completing the season without him now and we need to get his contract sorted, fast (if we haven't already)
Moussett 9.5/10: Christ, he's difficult. He just harries and badgers, never gives it up. Hope that hamstring injury is just a tweak
McGoldrick 10/10: Such craft and guile. Such a clever player. I hope to fuck he gets his goal soon

McBurnie 8/10: Was there when it counted and did the job
Sharp 7/10: Didn't get much chance to make an impact
Robinson nm: See above

Wilder: 8/10: Deserved the lead but fuck me, if you lose your outlet and you ability to keep the opposition in their half, don't try to one-for-one with a different attacker. McBurnie isn't Moussett and really, we could have done with taking Norwood off and putting Besic on and going 5-4-1 to stop the wide play which led to their goals.

Fucking great game though. We are awesome value.

pommpey

ps: If you are going to disagree with my 'out of tens', please do it like an adult, eh? Opinions are like arseholes. You have one, so do I.
I divorced mine a long time ago 😉

Thanks to all for your observation's from all of us who are unable to go or watch the game...it's very much appreciated

look at Moore’s positioning for that 3rd though. Hopeless
Moore & Jags were piss poor for them goals. Moore might aswell of been sat on Kop for 3rd. Where the hell was he going?!
If he’d have stood in the middle of his goal he’d have been able to bring the ball down on his chest.

I've watched it back now and it was just how I saw it at the game last night.

Nothing Moore, Henderson or any other keeper could have done about their goals.

Goal no 1 - Baldock got sucked into the ball when he really shouldn't have leaving Williams in acres of space. He'll never catch another ball as sweetly as that and the keeper had no chance. I said as much to my mate when the ball hit the net. That was a sweet finish.

Goal no 2 - A great delivery across the 6 yard box that beat Jagielka and Greenwood couldn't miss. No keeper on earth would have stopped that and if Billy had scored it for us no one would be saying the keeper had gifted it to him.

Goal no 3 - James got in round the back and Moore had to go to his near post to narrow the angle. If he'd stood in the middle James would have simply put the ball in at the unguarded near post, as it was James had to cut the ball back and unfortunately it found it's way through the narrowest of passages to a completely unmarked Rashford who did what England strikers do. I was disappointed that three defenders couldn't stop the cut back, and at the space that Rashford had.

Such is life, fine margins went against us and I think if Egan had played we may have defended better on goals 2 and 3. I think it is extremely harsh to criticise the keeper on any of them, and for those that are what did you think of De Gea letting in Moose's shot from outside the box?

I've watched it back now and it was just how I saw it at the game last night.

Nothing Moore, Henderson or any other keeper could have done about their goals.

Goal no 3 - James got in round the back and Moore had to go to his near post to narrow the angle. If he'd stood in the middle James would have simply put the ball in at the unguarded near post, as it was James had to cut the ball back and unfortunately it found it's way through the narrowest of passages to a completely unmarked Rashford who did what England strikers do. I was disappointed that three defenders couldn't stop the cut back, and at the space that Rashford had.

Such is life, fine margins went against us and I think if Egan had played we may have defended better on goals 2 and 3. I think it is extremely harsh to criticise the keeper on any of them, and for those that are what did you think of De Gea letting in Moose's shot from outside the box?

he’d already narrowed the angle

3C77E88C-2487-40D3-A36E-06333ABFDD82.jpeg

for some reason he had a rush of blood to the head, and decided to come out leaving Rashford with an easy tap in to the spot Moore had just left

B244E2E2-8D22-46C0-BAEA-9505A8B14BD4.jpeg

C30542CC-4EAD-48D6-9FCA-BD8AF8E3CEA7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom