Match Thread Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur - 2nd July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
TOTT
TOTT
TOTT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1593279550034.png v. 1593279557022.png
EPL Week 32 - Wednesday 2nd July 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.496/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Replacement Official: Mark Jones

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 18.42.42.png

He was unplayable in the League Cup semi second leg a few years ago. Both our goals came after he was subbed. We didn't have a kick when he was on the pitch.

Pretty much everyone that was at the club at the same time as him say he is the best player they ever played with. We have never really replaced him.

before the weekend we hadn't beaten any teams above us, now we've beaten at least two above us, lack of goals will hit us yet again. score first is a must to get point or pints.

Since the restart we've looked a lot more sturdy at the back. Dier and Sanchez look a decent pairing. Having Sissoko back is huge as well, hi engine is like no other.

Kane, Son and Bergwijn are capable of causing any defence issues, we just need to unlock it correctly. I'd like to see Lo Celso and Ndombele play together, but Mourinho doesn't trust the 2 of them together without a DM behind them.

I agree if Sheff Utd score first then it'll be difficult for us to break them down, as you have a solid defence outfit, although it's looked shaky since the restart. We look better since the break, but you never know which Spurs turn up!
Do you have any players with English names?🤔🤔🤔

So home again. Not that, on the whole, it makes any major difference right now. So we welcome Spurs and have every reason to believe in our ability to get the 3. Very difficult game though...

Anyway...

Any team news?

JOC to return?

Lundstram?

Forwards?

We've had a bad return, and our main rivals seem to have done ok. I'm not ruling out anything league position wise yet, but this needs to be a game to kick on. 2-0 to us

Watch safe. ;)

JOC to return?

I’ve got a feeling he’ll return on the bench. Unclear from the photos we’ve seen if JOC is in full training, or still working his way towards that. Think for that reason the only change we’ll see is Berge for Lundstram.

British ones if that counts?

O'sissoko
McNdombele
&
Sanchezski

👍 😀

How times change eh?

I still think of Greaves, Chivers, Perryman, Gilzean, Peters, Knowles, when I think of Spurs. But not even all those names are English. Mike England - I think that was an English name?🤔

You can rely on us to get you out of your mini slump.
There's something strange,
in our neighbourhood,
Who we gonna play?
Slumpbusters!

Not won in 4,
and it don't look good,
Who we gonna play?
Slumpbusters!

Let's hope you're right. We're down in 10th now and I'd have torn my season ticket up if it wasn't a plastic card.

This one feels pivotal.
Even though we are down to 10th, a win would put us above Spurs and could be the springboard for a nice little run up the table.
A loss and we will get overtaken by a few more teams and finish just above the bottom 4/5.

Would have preferred to play them when we were meant to. We were bang in form and they were without Kane & Son. I fancied us to win then. Now I think that unless we can play like we haven't been able to since the restart, we will lose this one 0-2

I know nobody wants this... but given how we played 2nd half here’s my team for Thursday
Until Enda and George (less so) get their form back I cant see why not.
I'm not sure Moose deserves a start but if it means Dids getting to play in his best position then it might be worth it. It would also give McBurnie more service.

Things are looking good... apparently... but obviously I can’t be sure. He’s back training. Maybe if not this game then Burnley.
Then there’s Wilders vocal praise of the other Jack.
I’d just like to see a more attacking formation. Let’s take it to Spurs! Prove everyone wrong... again!!
Less anxious about this. Robinson won me round a bit v Arsenal. Wouldn't be against him getting a run in the side. Then again JOC is JOC.

If we score first we have a great chance as Mourinho hasn’t had a plan B since about 2014. If we go behind however I think we will be sunk as they will sit back and counter us until the cows come home.

Season on the line here, lose this one and may as well play the reserves for the rest of them, and cost me the rest of my bets in the process, get something out of it (or, better, win) and assuming City don't get away with their cheating then Europe's still maybe on

If we score first we have a great chance as Mourinho hasn’t had a plan B since about 2014. If we go behind however I think we will be sunk as they will sit back and counter us until the cows come home.
You say that, yet when we were 2-0 down to Olympiacos earlier in the season he dragged Dier off and put Eriksen on after 20 minutes.

The guy is underestimated. He's still one of the best managers in the world.

You say that, yet when we were 2-0 down to Olympiacos earlier in the season he dragged Dier off and put Eriksen on after 20 minutes.

The guy is underestimated. He's still one of the best managers in the world.

Well I can definitely guarantee he won’t be bringing Eriksen on tonight.

This one feels pivotal.
Even though we are down to 10th, a win would put us above Spurs and could be the springboard for a nice little run up the table.
A loss and we will get overtaken by a few more teams and finish just above the bottom 4/5.

Would have preferred to play them when we were meant to. We were bang in form and they were without Kane & Son. I fancied us to win then. Now I think that unless we can play like we haven't been able to since the restart, we will lose this one 0-2
MASSIVE game for both of you tonight. What I think they call a '6 pointer', 7th place awaits the winners.
Very similar table stats. Spurs edge it on likeliness to score but also likeliness to concede.
Got a feeling it will be a good game.

MASSIVE game for both of you tonight. What I think they call a '6 pointer', 7th place awaits the winners.
Very similar table stats. Spurs edge it on likeliness to score but also likeliness to concede.
Got a feeling it will be a good game.

May we assume that we will have your full virtual backing in this contest ?

If not , tha can fuck reyt off from here . :)

May we assume that we will have your full virtual backing in this contest ?

If not , tha can fuck reyt off from here . :)

He seems like a nice lad Joe - I think he'll be behind us. And despite what some Blades fans think, not all Hammer's fans are chuffs. For example, there's a lad I know from Bermondsey who's a Hammers fan and he's not a chuff.

Didzy scores were on the garden!!!

Got a funny feeling he's going to bag another tonight, and let's hope Berge wears smaller boots than Lunny!!!

So what will the special ones plan be?

I'm expecting them to sit back and hit us on the counter just like Newcastle did.

Back
Top Bottom