Match Thread Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur - 2nd July 2020

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
TOTT
TOTT
TOTT
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1593279550034.png v. 1593279557022.png
EPL Week 32 - Wednesday 2nd July 2020 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-tottenham-hotspur.496/

Officials:

Referee:
Chris Kavanagh
Assistant Referee: Sian Massey-Ellis
Assistant Referee: Scott Ledger
Fourth Official: Peter Bankes
Video Assistant Referee: Michael Oliver
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies
Replacement Official: Mark Jones

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2020-06-27 at 18.42.42.png

We are bang average at the moment. Not expecting many goals in this one.

We are getting better - Stevens still some way off the mark, Fleck and Norwood maybe back up to 80% But Sander much improved and Didzy back in the game. Think we can hold it to a draw.

Make or break game if we have any European ambition left. If we can play like we did against Arsenal, create a bit more and score the goals we could win this one. That being said, you never beat Mourinho's team easy and they have some individual quality.

Their defence is shocking if we put pressure on it and score first we might be in with a chance, just have to watch Kane and Son on the counter they are good offensive but bad defensive.

Since the restart we've looked a lot more sturdy at the back. Dier and Sanchez look a decent pairing. Having Sissoko back is huge as well, hi engine is like no other.

Kane, Son and Bergwijn are capable of causing any defence issues, we just need to unlock it correctly. I'd like to see Lo Celso and Ndombele play together, but Mourinho doesn't trust the 2 of them together without a DM behind them.

I agree if Sheff Utd score first then it'll be difficult for us to break them down, as you have a solid defence outfit, although it's looked shaky since the restart. We look better since the break, but you never know which Spurs turn up!

Their defence is shocking if we put pressure on it and score first we might be in with a chance, just have to watch Kane and Son on the counter they are good offensive but bad defensive.

What is good offensive? Do they call our players names and blow raspberries?
Or do you mean that Tottenham are good in ATTACK?

Jose will probably park the bus and rely on Kane and Son to breakaway quickly.

United will continue to improve defensively, and Berge and McGoldrick to shine again.
Three points for the Blades.

Blades are fickle
One decent half of football and Berge has gone from being written off as a shit waste of £22m, to being the new messiah
:)

I agree if Sheff Utd score first then it'll be difficult for us to break them down, as you have a solid defence outfit, although it's looked shaky since the restart. We look better since the break, but you never know which Spurs turn up!

Be patient and we’ll gift you a couple goals.

Blades are fickle
One decent half of football and Berge has gone from being written off as a shit waste of £22m, to being the new messiah
:)
Normally I would agree with your assessment, but to see and hear Berge’s after match interview convinced me otherwise.
Despite the result and losing to a late goal, his interview was clearly showing a guy who was happy with his improvement, and his game in general. He is not a demonstrative type at all, and his change in demeanor was so marked, I’m confident he feels this game was a massive step forward for him.
He fits in now, whereas before he was struggling to adapt. I might be wrong, but in his case, I think we are starting to see his true potential as a classy young player.

Jack fit then?

Things are looking good... apparently... but obviously I can’t be sure. He’s back training. Maybe if not this game then Burnley.
Then there’s Wilders vocal praise of the other Jack.
I’d just like to see a more attacking formation. Let’s take it to Spurs! Prove everyone wrong... again!!

Back
Top Bottom