Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 21st Oct 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
ARS
ARS
ARS
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1571325740844.png v. 1571325747312.png

EPL Week 9 - Monday 21st October 2019 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-arsenal.473/

Officials:

Referee:
Mike Dean
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
Video Assistant Referee: Andre Marriner
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Neil Davies

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 16.24.37.png

Last edited:

Well, Mike 'Look At Me' Dean had his big moment in the first half to give Arsenal a penalty and he booked Saka for diving.

In fact, he refereed the game superbly. Didn't get a thing wrong all evening.

Looks like you were talking absolute bollocks after all.

Perfectly prepared to admit when I'm wrong but my point was based more on a perception that he overall 'favoured the bigger teams' (Note: This was just my opinion before tonight. Isn't that what forums are for?).

He was excellent tonight and his decision to book the Arsenal player for diving was brave and correct at the time under pressure. I thought he was pretty good throughout the game also.

I would've put money on you coming straight on here to prove to everyone that you were right, though. Someone with a bit of class would've been interested, just safe in the knowledge that they had been proved correct. You don't have any class you sad, pathetic little troll.

We had a great win tonight but perhaps you didn't notice.

I was wrong, you were right.

UTB

“We should be cammin here and turning these over!” Lovely alternative to the Roygbiv View From by Arsenal Fans TV tonight.

I said at half time I going to really enjoy watching this, there going to be alot of man, yo's, blud's, the man pictures on verge of heart attack & guy with headphones say "we lost to man who still takes the bus" although ive heard because of the delays obviously because of the set up that it played havoc with police trying to get the coaches on their way

So has Evra, nice to see him acknowledge that if Wilder was foreign he’d be getting more plaudits than he does

its the same thing as they said with sean dyche, few years ago if he was spanish took burnley up had a great season unlucky to be relegated, straight back up as champions, survive & next season finish 7th getting into the Europa league. he would've been touted for all the jobs. but he's English so he obviously a rough manager who getting lucky & marco silva is the genius

though I doubt Evra will be asked back on after what he said about Arsenal

but that "babies" quote, isnt something club can dispute, arsenal since viera left in 2005 were fine that season in 05/06. but since 2006/07 they are great at home play lovely football, & ozil probally almost the same, when they need some substance some steel like Liverpool & like man utd when evra was there to battle. away from home. they are very likely to crumble & just hide, Europa league final, league cup final, Forest away in FA cup 3rd round was proof of that, they don't have winners xhaka as a captain is hilarious, if david luiz is answer what is the question Chambers has been on loan to 2 PL sides both Boro & Fulham have been relegated. but he's 1st choice RB

When FT whistle went last night I was back in the 70's, sat on sofa singing bless em all, bless em all, the long and the short and the tall, WE ARE UNITED AND WE ARE THE BEST, WE ARE UNITED SO FUCK ALL THE REST my missus was in fits of laughter, what a result what a team.

but that "babies" quote, isnt something club can dispute, arsenal since viera left in 2005 were fine that season in 05/06. but since 2006/07 they are great at home play lovely football, & ozil probally almost the same, when they need some substance some steel like Liverpool & like man utd when evra was there to battle. away from home. they are very likely to crumble & just hide, Europa league final, league cup final, Forest away in FA cup 3rd round was proof of that, they don't have winners xhaka as a captain is hilarious, if david luiz is answer what is the question Chambers has been on loan to 2 PL sides both Boro & Fulham have been relegated. but he's 1st choice RB

I agree with all that, but the broadcasters have a very obvious policy, and that is not to be hyper-critical of any side, especially a big one for fear of alienating the audience - the overwhelming majority of whom last night were Arsenal fans. They can be critical, as Carragher was, but Evra was utterly dismissive. Hilariously he claimed he "wasn't being disrespecful". They baulk at anything so controversial normally. "When Robin Van Persie came I said 'welcome to the man's club" :)

I'd far sooner hear this kind of shock-jock stuff than the bland mundanity that's usually spouted, which I don't usually bother to listen to but I can imagine the Sky Sports executives cringing as they heard, in their own heads, the sound of thousands of buttons being pressed onto a different channel.

its the same thing as they said with sean dyche, few years ago if he was spanish took burnley up had a great season unlucky to be relegated, straight back up as champions, survive & next season finish 7th getting into the Europa league. he would've been touted for all the jobs. but he's English so he obviously a rough manager who getting lucky & marco silva is the genius

Sean Dyche has done a fantastic job with Burnley but he's no tactical genius. His teams (as we'll find out a week Saturday) are well drilled, solid and extremely good at set pieces. He's a bit like Sam Allardyce but without the allegations of corruption: I'm not sure he'd be any good outside the bottom third of the Premier League where the onus would be to play more on the front foot.

Silva is a snake oil mechant. If he can't turn Everton around he'll be done in the Premier League; he'll then drop into the Championship and fail to get someone like Derby promoted.

Sean Dyche has done a fantastic job with Burnley but he's no tactical genius. His teams (as we'll find out a week Saturday) are well drilled, solid and extremely good at set pieces.

I think CW has referred to him a few times before and he obviously has respect for SD.

He's a bit like Sam Allardyce but without the allegations of corruption

So nothing like Big Fat Sam then?

Silva is a snake oil mechant. If he can't turn Everton around he'll be done in the Premier League; he'll then drop into the Championship and fail to get someone like Derby promoted.

Uncle Mel at Derby will keep trying to shake a six. Surely it must be Schteve McClaren's time to go back for a third go on the Derby managerial merry-go-round.

Hopefully the entitled nature of the EFC fans will mean that CW is not good enough for them, having only managed a dozen or so PL games. Another 'big name' will be required so they can push on and overtake Liverpool (in their dreams).

I think CW has referred to him a few times before and he obviously has respect for SD.
Don't get me wrong, I think Dyche has done a great job at Burnley but I don't think his style will transfer to that next tier of side (Everton/West Ham etc)

So nothing like Big Fat Sam then?
"A bit" like Allardyce in terms of tactics and team set up. Allardyce took unfashionable Bolton into Europe (cf Sean Dyche at unfashionable Burnley): he's a decent man-manager but he's from the keep-it-solid book: no Allardyce side is ever going to end up with their left back doing one-twos with their centre back in the right wing channel.

Uncle Mel at Derby will keep trying to shake a six. Surely it must be Schteve McClaren's time to go back for a third go on the Derby managerial merry-go-round.
Long may that continue. They're providers of endless amusement.
Hopefully the entitled nature of the EFC fans will mean that CW is not good enough for them, having only managed a dozen or so PL games. Another 'big name' will be required so they can push on and overtake Liverpool (in their dreams).
Fully agree. Not sure Wilder is exotic enough for Moshiri either, which is good.

There’s about 12 of these videos from last night. Absolutely wonderful to watch!

I’m not going to lie, I did watch most of them yesterday – it’s been a while since I’ve watched any. Poor Robbie was doing his best to calm the anger...

Anyone else think “VAR” when we scored? I didn’t celebrate straight away (on the sofa) as I was worrying about fouls/offside as it seemed so easy. Good job it didn’t get through to Egan as he was offside.

Sean Dyche has done a fantastic job with Burnley but he's no tactical genius. His teams (as we'll find out a week Saturday) are well drilled, solid and extremely good at set pieces. He's a bit like Sam Allardyce but without the allegations of corruption: I'm not sure he'd be any good outside the bottom third of the Premier League where the onus would be to play more on the front foot.

Invited my Burnley mate over for a few beers but his reply was "not worth watching away from home, we're too negative"

We'll see, but his comments did surprise me.

What a fantastic atmosphere. I think the Kop was more " up for it" than the Liverpool game. Must be a night match thing. The Blades were collectively great and couldn't single any individual out, although Fleck continues to shine for me. I was pleased to see Didsy start as he has enough guile and composure to excite me as a fan. Seems a bit unnecessary to single out any players as they're such a great unit. Would like to see more of Luke Freeman.

But how powder puff were Arsenal, what's happened to them ?

MOM. Chris Wilder

What a fantastic atmosphere. I think the Kop was more " up for it" than the Liverpool game. Must be a night match thing. The Blades were collectively great and couldn't single any individual out, although Fleck continues to shine for me. I was pleased to see Didsy start as he has enough guile and composure to excite me as a fan. Seems a bit unnecessary to single out any players as they're such a great unit. Would like to see more of Luke Freeman.

MOM. Chris Wilder

Something about a night match, pain in the arse to get to and from compared to a 3pm Saturday, but autumn/winter night kick offs are probably my favourite.

I think the cold helps, standing, jigging about trying to keep warm and stop your toes dropping off haha

Anyone else think “VAR” when we scored? I didn’t celebrate straight away (on the sofa) as I was worrying about fouls/offside as it seemed so easy. Good job it didn’t get through to Egan as he was offside.
yeah i didnt' celebrate much either. i was convinced they'd disallow it for something. cos it was monday.. wrong end. whatever

MOM. Chris Wilder
too many mercenaries ?? (controversial) :D

too many mercenaries ?? (controversial) :D

A decade ago they were always in contention for the League. To be fair they are still up there, but City and L'pool have gone into orbit.

Back
Top Bottom