Incoming? Sam Morsy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

felix

Reaction score
Chesterfield fans anticipating the sale of Eoin Doyle to Bristol City in January have also mentioned Blades' interest in Morsy, who is a combative little midfield man signed on a Bosman free transfer from Port Vale, who certainly didn't want him to leave.

Morsy was part of Chesterfield's midfield line up of O'Shea, Ryan, Johnson, Morsy, Roberts who played against us in October. On the day it looked like any of the five would improve the United team although it must be said that Chesterfield have barely managed to win another game since then.

I'd personally like us to at least shake things up and put an offer in for Doyle. I know we probably can't compete with the cash of Bristol City, but at least try and unsettle the deal. He's a decent player

Not another 'little' midfield player weve got too many of them already
Doyle would be a good shout but I dont think Cloughs valuation would match Chesterfields

We can buy £150k worth of peanuts, though, can't we?

Like PV says, we need another small combative midfielder now like we need another celebrity patron for our Community Charity.

If we aren't going to compete for Eoin Doyle then there is only Roberts that might enhance our squad - probably suited to us as he's half crocked most of the time as well.

When we buy anyone with an ounce of quality - they are generally crocked
Everything else is just in and around average Joe

Isn't it embarrassing that we can't afford to put a bid in for Doyle?
Surely if we sold all our deadwood we could come close??

• Banned
Surprisingly some Chesterfield fans don't expect to get a lot of money for Eoin Doyle. Paul Cook was after Michael Higdon at the start of the season so he could possibly still be interested in him now. £1 million plus Higgy might pull it off. Thing is, while Doyle is much more mobile and hard working than Higdon he still scores most of his goals from inside the box so if his team mates never put it in there he wouldn't get anything like as many at Bramall Lane as he does at the moment. Personally, if I was a fox in the box goalscorer United are the last team on Earth I'd want to play for because for the first 45 minutes of every match we play as if the opposition area is infested with sharks.

Doyle and Roberts to United: now that would be a good idea. Higdon, Porter, Stephen McGinn, James Wallace, Neill Collins and Andy Butler can all go in the opposite direction.

Doyle would be a good shout but I dont think Cloughs valuation would match Chesterfields

Morsy is strong and competitive, but I agree that defensive midfield could be a good position to add some height.

Bristol City eh?

Baldock sold on but replaced by Agard, the top two scorers in League 1 last season and now in the hunt for this season's top scorer in Doyle

I think there is a pattern there and perhaps a little lesson in what helps a team make a promotion push

As for bidding for Doyle, forget it. Clough has his number 1 target. No way will he be in the running for Doyle and even if he were, we all know the sort of bid that will be made. Doyle is out of our league, literally

I'd personally like us to at least shake things up and put an offer in for Doyle. I know we probably can't compete with the cash of Bristol City, but at least try and unsettle the deal. He's a decent player

He wouldn't have to upsticks and live next to Wales if he came to us

Who said we can't afford a bid?
Me on that comment you replied to. You reckon we'd get him for under a million? If not, I can't remember the last time we paid over a million quid for a player, ched?
Plus he's from a competitor, we wouldn't buy from one of those-only teams like Bristol and wolves do daft things like that in this league

Bristol City eh?

Baldock sold on but replaced by Agard, the top two scorers in League 1 last season and now in the hunt for this season's top scorer in Doyle

I think there is a pattern there and perhaps a little lesson in what helps a team make a promotion push

As for bidding for Doyle, forget it. Clough has his number 1 target. No way will he be in the running for Doyle and even if he were, we all know the sort of bid that will be made. Doyle is out of our league, literally

He will be next season anyway

Think Liverpool.

Go and steal him.

One of the things that pisses me off is the 'dead wood' Warnock spoke off it and according to him he dispensed with it over a couple of seasons or so.

Why the hell do we keep piling up the dead wood, only to be faced with the task of ridding ourselves, before the next batch of 'dead wood' arrives to clog up the system. FFS Nige, take an axe to the dead wood and bring us players who will set this league on fire.

Me on that comment you replied to. You reckon we'd get him for under a million? If not, I can't remember the last time we paid over a million quid for a player, ched?
Plus he's from a competitor, we wouldn't buy from one of those-only teams like Bristol and wolves do daft things like that in this league
Ah ok so you should've clarified that we don't make daft bids for young league one players. 1million? Is that what Bristol C are going to pay? I should really hope we're not going to pay that sort of money for him!

One of the things that pisses me off is the 'dead wood' Warnock spoke off it and according to him he dispensed with it over a couple of seasons or so.

I said Warnock was always signing players that cost around £125,000 each and then ditching most of them (a few of them turn out to be good ones)

Agreed, I always liked the look of Toumani Diagouraga for Brentford. I know we don't have a chance of signing him but he is the type of player I would like to see us bring in.

Kevin Mcdonald used to provide us that height and quality in the centre that we have missed since he left.

Why would BC have more cash than us?

Thought we had one of them?
This is half of the problem, I've never heard anything from a reliable source that the prince is indeed a billionaire, in fact I think he's not that far ahead of McCabe in this olde money front. It was just over speculation by fans and media, which then becomes truth and sets unrealistic expectations.

strong defensive midfielder from Chesterfield, would be great in midfield with basham. Has a good shot on him too

Dean Hammond on a free from Leicester. Get captain written all over him. I think our man in the know Max called it.

Back
Top Bottom