Our new chant: please learn it!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy23

Reaction score
Our new "Sheffield United's the team to follow" chant is becoming a popular one for this season at the moment. And I think it's probably one of the best recurring chants the club has ever had. It can go on for ages (Swindon away HT), a bit like Bradford City (Take me home) or Spurs (Yid Army). But my point is, I feel only 25% of BL be singing this chant; maybe because they don't want to? But most likely, they don't know the lyrics! To the fans that hum along to the tune and pretend to know the lyrics (WHEN YOU CLEARLY DONT!), it's;
Follow, Follow, Follow
(Wait 2 secs)
Sheffield United 's the team to follow
(Wait 2 secs)
Sammon and Sharpy, Che and Mcnulty, Diego De Girolamo
Follow, Follow, Follow

Believe me, when 20,000 blades fans sing this none stop when we're winning, you'll see the goosebumps on your arms!

UTB! And keep up the good work Adkins!

Our new "Sheffield United's the team to follow" chant is becoming a popular one for this season at the moment. And I think it's probably one of the best recurring chants the club has ever had. It can go on for ages (Swindon away HT), a bit like Bradford City (Take me home) or Spurs (Yid Army). But my point is, I feel only 25% of BL be singing this chant; maybe because they don't want to? But most likely, they don't know the lyrics! To the fans that hum along to the tune and pretend to know the lyrics (WHEN YOU CLEARLY DONT!), it's;
Follow, Follow, Follow
(Wait 2 secs)
(Wait 2 secs)
Follow, Follow, Follow

Believe me, when 20,000 blades fans sing this none stop when we're winning, you'll see the goosebumps on your arms!

I cringed when I read this mate, I think your post is a great idea but there are some miserable blades about that will refuse to sing it.
It's sung by someone else, since when do we call him Sharpy, why is Diego in there ugggggggggggh!!
It's one of those songs that we'll sing for a year then never go back to, like "the city is ours" and "we're the red n white army".
Personally I prefer "everywhere we go" and "shoreham boys" but this is a upbeat-catchy song that I love hearing at away games.
Who's the ol'boys at the back of the kop who take the brollies and sing "singing at the lane"? Because they are superstars!!

That tune is worse than dog shite.

None of the players mentioned deserve any form of adulation. Most of them can't even get in the team!

Jimmy you need to come up with something a lot better.

HH

I cringed when I read this mate, I think your post is a great idea but there are some miserable blades about that will refuse to sing it.
It's sung by someone else, since when do we call him Sharpy, why is Diego in there ugggggggggggh!!
It's one of those songs that we'll sing for a year then never go back to, like "the city is ours" and "we're the red n white army".
Personally I prefer "everywhere we go" and "shoreham boys" but this is a upbeat-catchy song that I love hearing at away games.
Who's the ol'boys at the back of the kop who take the brollies and sing "singing at the lane"? Because they are superstars!!
I have to admit that whilst i was one of those clamouring for Diego to get more of a chance last season i can't for the life of me understand why we sing a song with him getting the main part in it, he's done fuck all to deserve that.

Last edited:
It's a copy of an imitation.

The unique terrace chant is a dying art. Everyone seems to use variations of the same thing with club names and players changed accordingly these days.
Personally I think 'Everywhere we go' is the worst of the relatively recent ones by far.

We used to have a decent songbook but it looks like we've lost it.

Personally I think it's a god awful Man U song and only gives me goosebumps through embarassment everytime it gets to the Diego bit.

So you'll be stuck on 19,999 at least.
Could we change the last bit to Jay Mc ev e leeeey??

Don't mind it, get rid of Diego De Girolamo and I might be tempted. Pathetic singing his name.

Whilst we're at at.... 'Super Che, Super Che, Super Che-yay Adams'.... REALLY? That's the best we've got???

Follow, Follow, Follow
(Wait 2 secs)
(Wait 2 secs)
Follow, Follow, Follow

Jimmy, has someone mistakenly told you you might have a talent for lyrical craftsmanship? I'll wave the white flag of surrender on your behalf, it's in everyone's interest.

Follow, Follow, Follow
(Wait 2 secs)
(Wait 2 secs)
Follow, Follow, Follow

In the embarrassing stakes it has just pipped "we're all blades aren't we" whenever I hear some young lad shout that! Thankfully the pigs have done us a favour and put WAWAW on their shirts... Hopefully they'll sing the 'follow, follow, follow' shite as well.

It's a Man U song, has been for years

It's a copy of an imitation.

The unique terrace chant is a dying art. Everyone seems to use variations of the same thing with club names and players changed accordingly these days.
Personally I think 'Everywhere we go' is the worst of the relatively recent ones by far.

We used to have a decent songbook but it looks like we've lost it.

Is the "everywhere we go" the one that continues "people always say, who we are, and where do we come from?" With a kind of a repeat echo to it? I've heard Leicester among others sing it. . . If it is p lease let us never adopt it. I first heard it sung by girl guides and it has no place in a football ground.

(Wait 2 secs)
In music this is called a 'rest'.

Football fans have great difficulty understanding this concept, which is why we (and by 'we' I mean you (and by 'you' I mean the vast majority non-musical lot, not specifically you Jimmy)) can't sing along to John Denver.

Follow, Follow, Follow
(Wait 2 secs)
(Wait 2 secs)
Follow, Follow, Follow

Surely the second line should be "Sheff United's the team to follow"? Otherwise you'll be out of sync with everyone else . You could try singing it as "Sheffield United's the team to follow" but you'd have to use half/quarter notes or suchlike to keep in sync. Hardly seems worth the effort though.

Count me out it is an utter shit song, fucking embarrassing that this is the best we can come up with ................... oh we didn't did we. :oops::oops::oops:

Its this seasons "craze". Its even on FIFA 16.

Last season it was the "everywhere we go" chant. The season before everybody sang their own version to the John Brayford Song - "oh oh oh oh ooohhh, oh oh oh oh ooohh"

To be fair to Jimmy23 he's not the one that has written this and is trying to get you to sing along. This is a blades song that is doing the rounds this year. It has been sang all season, if you've been away you will have definitely heard it.

Its a catchy song and when it gets going properly is great... But.. It needs changing. Diego shouldn't be anywhere near the song and we should say Billy instead of Sharpy.

Hopefully the 'Shoreham Boys" chant has had its day. Complete sexist crap. Chap next to me on the kop was singing it and then immediately afterwards says "No offence, love" to the women sitting directly in front of him.:confused:

Doesn't make much sense when sung at home either.
Are the Shoreham Boys going to go into Sheffield to drink beer in Sheffield and attempt to cajole the ladyfolk of Sheffield? In which case, why tell other United fans about it? Or are they going to follow the away fans back to their town and try their luck with the women there? Plus it's not "their" beer if it's purchased in a drinking establishment, unless they plan to break into the houses of the away fans and drink the contents of the fridge. In which case there are serious legal implications.
All in all it seems like an awful lot of effort.

Back
Top Bottom