Norwood Again

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
Second game in a row we concede through an uncontested shot in the middle of the goal from near the edge of the box. That is the area your deep midfielder guards with his life. Trevor Hockey wasn’t a great footballer but we wouldn’t have lost either of the last 2 with him in the side.

Norwood is a total defensive liability - that is his zone.

I honestly think his fitness has gone. He's gone from an ever-present to struggling through 60 minutes.

Second game in a row we concede through an uncontested shot in the middle of the goal from near the edge of the box. That is the area your deep midfielder guards with his life. Trevor Hockey wasn’t a great footballer but we wouldn’t have lost either of the last 2 with him in the side.

Wilder stated categorically that Gallagher was Flecks man to pick up. From a corner.

Saying that, Norwood was, once again, shocking.

Not watched it back since but it actually started with Kean Bryan shitting himself on a simple ball over the top. Didn’t have a clue what to do with it. Looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Then the corner results in a comedy of errors.

Oh agreed. I don’t think you can blame him for the goal, if it’s been said that Gallagher wasn’t his man. I was just venting my frustration at his performance here.

I’ve never been a fan. His inability to get back to defend is a huge issue, he slows the game down and his Hollywood Ping was never going to work the same in the PL.
Watching him makes me feel sad about Coutts injury and the chances it may have cost him.

Not Berge for waving a wet lettuce at the clearance, not Fleck for not marking ,not ramsdales for diving in slow mo fault ,or even Bryan or conceding the corner ,Norwoods fuck me 🙆‍♂️

It is ok for Wilder to blame Fleck for not picking up the man in the middle but who was supposed to mark the player going for the short corner who pulls Fleck out wide? Either someone goes with the man for the short corner or he fills in where Fleck should have been in the middle we have about six players stood around the penalty spot marking half the number of WBA attackers when the shot comes in. The players are not thinking for themselves and just leaving things to somebody else, Fleck had to follow the man going for the short corner nobody else was bothered. The same player wasn't picked up from corners three or four times no fucker is coaching our defence and the players are not taking responsibility.

He’s not looked the same since lockdown. When the game is open and at pace it’s passes him by. On top of that, at the moment his confidence is lower than a pair of prozzies nickers.

It is ok for Wilder to blame Fleck for not picking up the man in the middle but who was supposed to mark the player going for the short corner who pulls Fleck out wide? Either someone goes with the man for the short corner or he fills in where Fleck should have been in the middle we have about six players stood around the penalty spot marking half the number of WBA attackers when the shot comes in. The players are not thinking for themselves and just leaving things to somebody else, Fleck had to follow the man going for the short corner nobody else was bothered. The same player wasn't picked up from corners three or four times no fucker is coaching our defence and the players are not taking responsibility.

Wilder said it was Flecks man. However he heaped the blame on Berges’ scuffed clearance. Probably because the defensive coaching for corners failed miserably as you say. I mean, players scoring when unmarked from just outside the box is hardly something that rarely happens.

When it happened for subsequent corners, it’s more to do with coaching rather than players not stepping up, otherwise it would have been sorted. The commentators kept mentioning it.

Well if this isn’t evidence of Norwood being scapegoat number 1 then I’ve no idea what is...
Surely Mcshitty is scapegoat number one?
Followed by Lundstram, then Ramsdale, then perhaps Lowe, Berg, Stevens then Norwood. Then Baldock, Fleck, Bryan (straight into the charts) , Ampadu, Burke, Moose, Brewster, Egan, Bash.

That's just my take anyway, based on what I have seen in terms specific threads and general Shoutbox rants. Perhaps one of the stato's has a spreadsheet?

norwood has been a great player for us but hes a championship player now as for fleck hes not the same player for some reason but all this scapegoating wouldnt be happening if our strikers and baldock had put simple chances away

norwood has been a great player for us but hes a championship player now as for fleck hes not the same player for some reason but all this scapegoating wouldnt be happening if our strikers and baldock had put simple chances away
“ but all this scapegoating wouldnt be happening”

Not a regular reader of the forum then?

He was ‘Thirwell-esque’ last night, but the goal was Fleck’s fault, then Bryan for waving a leg.

I think that thing of hitting there first defender at corners and free kicks , no one does it better then him , FFS .

We won a free kick in the first half out on the right flank. Up steps Norwood. Hits WBA player on the apex of the 18 yard box.

He has Berge, Egan, McBurnie and Basham somewhere in the box.

Sweet feet.

pommpey

I’ve never known a player so poor at set pieces in my life. I’ve noticed he barely gets it past the first man absolutely months ago, has CW got his eyes closed?

No wonder every other club he comes up to the PL with fucks him off, wank.

Not watched it back since but it actually started with Kean Bryan shitting himself on a simple ball over the top. Didn’t have a clue what to do with it. Looked like a rabbit in the headlights. Then the corner results in a comedy of errors.

1606667170013.png

Bit harsh. Unlike Egan, Bryan did realise our backline was too high up, so tried to drop deeper. The ball over the top was excellent, Bryan tried to get his head on it, but it floated just above him, which meant Grant ran onto it. Bryan showed some pace to catch up with Grant and block his finish though.

View attachment 99213

Bit harsh. Unlike Egan, Bryan did realise our backline was too high up, so tried to drop deeper. The ball over the top was excellent, Bryan tried to get his head on it, but it floated just above him, which meant Grant ran onto it. Bryan showed some pace to catch up with Grant and block his finish though.

Facts eh ?

I’ve read all the above, and it’s all about opinions.

In my book, your deep midfield player has to own the area around the D and block anybody who runs into it. It’s not about whose man it was.

Back
Top Bottom