Outgoing? Mousset?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seems to me we are over heavy in the striker department. Billy, Didzy, McB, Burke, Brewster, Mousse. Assuming we are in the Championship next season two of those scored 20 + in a season and Brewster was going at one every other game at Swansea (only played about half a season). Billy looks out of place to me in the EPL but may still be good for some game time in the Championship. Didzy should definitely be good for plenty of game time there. Burke doesn't have a scoring record but gives us the pace option and it's reasonable to suppose that McB and Brewster will score goals at that level so I say get rid of Mousse and use the wages elsewhere in the team.

Seems to me we are over heavy in the striker department. Billy, Didzy, McB, Burke, Brewster, Mousse. Assuming we are in the Championship next season two of those scored 20 + in a season and Brewster was going at one every other game at Swansea (only played about half a season). Billy looks out of place to me in the EPL but may still be good for some game time in the Championship. Didzy should definitely be good for plenty of game time there. Burke doesn't have a scoring record but gives us the pace option and it's reasonable to suppose that McB and Brewster will score goals at that level so I say get rid of Mousse and use the wages elsewhere in the team.
yes would agree with that think 5 strikers is plenty for the championship assuming berge lundstrum and egan will probably go we will need 3 midfielders especially a goalscoring one and 2 centre backs basham needs competition as well

Burke isn't a centre forward. He struggles retaining position with his back to goal and the timing of his jumps to challenge centre backs in the air is way off. It wouldn't surprise if a premier league team that plays 433 or 442 takes a gamble and makes an offer in the summer to play him out wide.

TBF Bert has shown good judgement on strikers in the past. Bert’s Benty Bulletin accurately predicted old Marcus’s fall from grace back in the day.
Bert has spent almost 60 years watching footballers, he judges strikers from Jimmy Greaves downwards.

Mousset is very low on Bert's list of good ones.

You can look forward to Bert's Moose Missive in the not too distant future.

Bert has spent almost 60 years watching footballers, he judges strikers from Jimmy Greaves downwards.

think he will go bert undoubted ability and on top form would rip the championship apart but the attitude just doesnt seem there think if we could get 3 - 4m for him we would sell

There are two different issues. One is what people refer to as his "attitude" (which includes fitness levels as people attribute his low level of fitness to a bad attitude towards training), the other is his injuries. I don't know the details of his injuries whilst he's been with us, but if I remember correctly his current injury was due to a training incident. I think it's wrong to refer to injuries like that as "putting sick notes in". These things happen and the club are going to know exactly how bad his injury is and whether he can play or not - they're not going to take his word for it.
The idea that he would deliberately want to avoid being picked for a match, to me, is absurd. I don't know where these notions of players' attitudes come from. Where do you get that idea?
And if he's too injured to play for us, how do you expect us to sell him?
Well i have read my post and i can not see where i said he had deliberately put in a sicky can you point out where i said he was deliberately putting in a sicky?How long has he been here?and how many times has he been fully fit?Can not recall him ever been fully fit so he could play 90 mins ,can you?If we wait for him to be fit he will be drawing the pension.Time to get rid.

Well i have read my post and i can not see where i said he had deliberately put in a sicky can you point out where i said he was deliberately putting in a sicky?How long has he been here?and how many times has he been fully fit?Can not recall him ever been fully fit so he could play 90 mins ,can you?If we wait for him to be fit he will be drawing the pension.Time to get rid.
What do you mean by "putting in sick notes" - do you just mean he's been injured? If so, why say it like that? It suggests he's not really unable to play. If you're blaming him for being injured, what do you expect him to do about it? And how do you expect to sell him if he's injured?

What do you mean by "putting in sick notes" - do you just mean he's been injured? If so, why say it like that? It suggests he's not really unable to play. If you're blaming him for being injured, what do you expect him to do about it? And how do you expect to sell him if he's injured?
He was on the bench last Saturday where is he now?

I expect a player who has been here for over 12 months and under 25 to be able to last 90 mins WHEN he is not on the treatment table which seems to be his main position.As for selling him would be better freeing up his wages and buying someone who might play over half a dozen matches for us in a season.That's if they can play a full match unlike him who as never played a full match.

I expect a player who has been here for over 12 months and under 25 to be able to last 90 mins WHEN he is not on the treatment table which seems to be his main position.As for selling him would be better freeing up his wages and buying someone who might play over half a dozen matches for us in a season.That's if they can play a full match unlike him who as never played a full match.
That doesn't explain what you mean by not being available for matches because "he keeps putting sick notes in". But never mind, as for not being able to play 90 minutes, no that's not good, but if it's linked to recovering from injury then that's not all his fault. We also have a manager who tends not to play many of our strikers for 90 except McBurnie. If Wilder prefers to bring him on as an impact sub even when he's fit, that's not his fault either.
I don't doubt that it would be better if he could be fitter and if he could be injured less, but I don't buy into this accepted fact that he's not bothered, doesn't try and would rather not be playing.

That goes for me too .

A fallacy often perpetuated on here is that the only things holding Mousset back from being a top class striker ( or even world class as some would have it ) , are his attitude and fitness levels .

Without wishing to preempt Bert’s forthcoming missive , I would suggest there are other far more fundamental reasons , not least the fact that both his first touch and close control are both noticeably poor , something that both my son and I noticed in the very first game he played for us .

his jumps to challenge centre backs in the air is way off.
This is just mind-boggling isn’t it? I think I’ve mentioned it before. It’s like someone has told Burke “even if you’re not going to win the header, get up early because it’ll put the opposition defender off” and he’s just got into the habit of doing it literally every time. He genuinely jumps too early (and completely misses) around 80% of headers, I reckon. I’ve never seen anything like it.

This is just mind-boggling isn’t it? I think I’ve mentioned it before. It’s like someone has told Burke “even if you’re not going to win the header, get up early because it’ll put the opposition defender off” and he’s just got into the habit of doing it literally every time. He genuinely jumps too early (and completely misses) around 80% of headers, I reckon. I’ve never seen anything like it.
He's actually got a good leap as well, it's really bizarre.

I've seen him win a header (unchallenged) once.

80% gives him too much credit. His timing is so comically bad.

Good player though.

At least he made it onto that list ;)

A7A1B2E2-B162-4F05-8B70-94E94283F92D.pngIm not sure how reliable he is (5k followers on an account focusing on turkish league transfers) but have seen a bit about this from people who are from turkey on twitter. I read somewhere the price would be about £4.5m but we have suspended the deal. Don’t shoot the messenger as I’m not sure how true it is but if we did suspend the transfer after originally accepting then that tells me he’s been doing something right in training. Will be interesting to see if he starts tonight.

I'd snap their arm off at £5m. Sorry excuse for a professional is Mousset & seems to dumb for the penny to ever drop.
My mind agrees with you but there’s something about mousset that i really like. Nothing I want more than for him and Brewster to form the next great blades strike partnership

I'd snap their arm off at £5m. Sorry excuse for a professional is Mousset & seems to dumb for the penny to ever drop.

Last year of his contract, highly likely he will walk away at the end of the season for nothing. Might as well cash in on him now and invest in a midfielder, it's not as if we're short of forwards at the moment...

I was convinced we’d have to pay him to leave at one point so 5 million would be very good money and could pay for a much needed centreback.

Last year of his contract, highly likely he will walk away at the end of the season for nothing. Might as well cash in on him now and invest in a midfielder, it's not as if we're short of forwards at the moment...
We might have the numbers, but it's questionable whether we have the quality we need up front.

We might have the numbers, but it's questionable whether we have the quality we need up front.

It's also questionable that Mousset has the right work ethic, so I don't think we'd miss him per se (watch him score 40 goals this season...)

Back
Top Bottom