Mo Besic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Every video i see lately where someone is being interviewed,is sat infront of a chuffin bookcase.
The players love nothing more than a good read of the classics , or the latest works on philosophy inbetween training sessions.
Bash and Lunny had a bit of a bust up last week about Quantum Entaglement, luckily Billy stepped in and they had a laugh about it.

Maybe we offered him a contract for next season but he didn't want to sign it because he thought he could do better?

Just idle speculation on my part.

Or/and we have a new way of playing and CWAK doesn't want opposition players knowing the system for next year. Not sure about that with Hendo.

Would have been handy to have around but we may never know the situation, Everton could've asked for an agreement to sign him or something before they'd let him stay, or maybe Mo himself just didn't fancy it.

Either way, cheers Mo. A good player for us in his limited appearances, GLTTL

Probably unrelated but, from some of the training clips the other day, Regan Slater was training with the squad.
I saw this and thought what an excellent chance for the kid to get amongst the premier league squad but I'm not sure if he can play because he wasn't part of the 25 maybe there is dispensation to add some players especially if we are going to 5 subs

I saw this and thought what an excellent chance for the kid to get amongst the premier league squad but I'm not sure if he can play because he wasn't part of the 25 maybe there is dispensation to add some players especially if we are going to 5 subs

I think if he's under 21 he's allowed, and he is so I think he'll be taking Mo's space if there's no funny business with the League 2 team he was on loan at.

It's not likely he'll play, Mo didn't get on the bench that often, but it's a great chance to be around the squad.

I think if he's under 21 he's allowed, and he is so I think he'll be taking Mo's space if there's no funny business with the League 2 team he was on loan at.

It's not likely he'll play, Mo didn't get on the bench that often, but it's a great chance to be around the squad.

There would have to be some change to the rules if players out on loan are to suddenly be able to take part, as usually with loans as they are now they extend till the transfer window reopens – it’s why had Henderson returned at the end of June he wouldn’t have without such a change been able to feature for Man United till next season.

I would imagine that none of the loanees seen training will be featuring, but what they will do is help the first team in the 11 on 11 sessions to get them match-ready.

There would have to be some change to the rules if players out on loan are to suddenly be able to take part, as usually with loans as they are now they extend till the transfer window reopens – it’s why had Henderson returned at the end of June he wouldn’t have without such a change been able to feature for Man United till next season.

I would imagine that none of the loanees seen training will be featuring, but what they will do is help the first team in the 11 on 11 sessions to get them match-ready.

Yeah it's more likely they're just bodies for the 11v11 sessions, also the club is probably looking after them by providing tests administered by the Premier League's chosen company whereas the lower leagues response seems a little more slapdash.

I wonder though if League Two vote to end the season without anymore football, whether he'd be eligible, as he'd then return to his parent club, who would still be playing. It'd be like an artificial third window.

I wonder though if League Two vote to end the season without anymore football, whether he'd be eligible, as he'd then return to his parent club, who would still be playing. It'd be like an artificial third window.

I don’t think so. Take last season as an example – our season was over, Villa had games still to play in the playoffs, Scott Hogan was not eligible to play for them. The same situation would presumably apply here for the likes of Slater and others, unless as part of the minor changes this is included.

A different take on it, but maybe Everton wanted him back and he’s got a better chance of playing for them over the next 6 weeks than us?

Clubs asked the question on the Thursday call whether players returning from loan would be able to be added to the registered squad lists, but this has not been agreed. Unless it is, he can’t play, and none of our returning loanees can play.

Nothing on official channels about this yet. You'd think they'd tweet their thanks to Mo or something.

Henderson couldn’t play for Man Utd because he is not named in their 25 and is not under 21. Could be possible for Slater to play as he does not need to be named in our squad.

A different take on it, but maybe Everton wanted him back and he’s got a better chance of playing for them over the next 6 weeks than us?

Not named in their 25 man squad, which had to be submitted when Jan transfer window closed.

Henderson couldn’t play for Man Utd because he is not named in their 25 and is not under 21. Could be possible for Slater to play as he does not need to be named in our squad.

Whether he’s named in the 25 is irrelevant really – he could have still been named, we could still send him back, but the temporary registration of the player will remain with the loanee club till the transfer window opens back up. It’s been the case every year since the transfer window system was introduced.

From a David Ornstein piece on the changes being discussed a month ago:

As things stand, a returning player cannot be added to the squad of his parent club for the rest of the season, except in exceptional circumstances. Some Premier League teams would like this rule to be changed so they can re-register returning loanees, an idea strongly opposed by the EFL. Failing that, top-flight clubs would like the option to recall players to avoid injuries and protect their transfer value.

Last edited:
Try again .. didn’t think PL rules allowed a returning season long loanee to play for parent club in the same division? I think the reasoning been regarding results integrity .. i.e you could loan a player to play for example against your rivals & then return him & play him against them again etc

Clubs asked the question on the Thursday call whether players returning from loan would be able to be added to the registered squad lists, but this has not been agreed. Unless it is, he can’t play, and none of our returning loanees can play.
Do you not think given the extra-ordinary circumstances and the fact we’ve got no complaints Everton may look to get this approved?
It’s not like they’ve pulled him for a competitive advantage like would have been the case with Hendo and Man Utd.

Do you not think given the extra-ordinary circumstances and the fact we’ve got no complaints Everton may look to get this approved?
It’s not like they’ve pulled him for a competitive advantage like would have been the case with Hendo and Man Utd.

To flip it around, do you think the league will vote for exceptions so individual clubs can do this, or would they vote for something that applies to all clubs’ loans? I can’t personally see a scenario where clubs will allow teams with little to play for to potentially strengthen their squads when the clubs that do have something to play for may well be facing those teams. It will either apply to all, or it’ll be left as is.

To flip it around, do you think the league will vote for exceptions so individual clubs can do this, or would they vote for something that applies to all clubs’ loans? I can’t personally see a scenario where clubs will allow teams with little to play for to potentially strengthen their squads when the clubs that do have something to play for may well be facing those teams. It will either apply to all, or it’ll be left as is.
I don’t see much harm in them being able to resubmit their squad lists as they did in January.

I don’t see much harm in them being able to resubmit their squad lists as they did in January.

Whether there’s much harm in it isn’t what I’m arguing – all I’m saying is that it seems extremely unlikely that if they vote to make the changes needed to transfer back the registration (presumably an FA issue) and to allow for additions/replacements of the squads submitted in January (a matter the PL can decide on) that it’ll be so that only a handful of clubs can benefit from it, rather than all clubs.

Try again .. didn’t think PL rules allowed a returning season long loanee to play for parent club in the same division? I think the reasoning been regarding results integrity .. i.e you could loan a player to play for example against your rivals & then return him & play him against them again etc

Thats not a rule AFAIK.

However a player can't play for more than 2 clubs in 1 domestic season. Besic doesn't fall into this category though.

To try and add a bit of clarity to this...

It’s an FA rule that a player on a long-term loan cannot return and play for the parent club in the same season, unless it’s mutually cancelled when the window is open in January.

To repeat what I said before, for Mo Besic to play for Everton this season, this would require:
– The FA to agree to waiving this rule (see below, relevant parts in bold)
– The Premier League clubs to vote to a temporary change on the squad registration rules

The second hurdle may be different for the likes of Slater & Smith, simply because both were included in the list of U21 players we resubmitted in February with the updated squad list. But the first hurdle, handled by the FA, still needs to be removed for them to be able to play.

FA’s Standardised Rules on Transfers
Long Term Loan Transfers shall be for a full Playing Season; or from any date prior to 31st August to any date between 1st and 31st January; or from any date between 1st and 31st January (the January transfer window) to the end of the Playing Season. A Player on Long Term Loan may not be recalled, except for a goalkeeper or where the Player is to be transferred permanently by the Club (or club) holding his registered contract. A Player other than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club (or club) holding his registration after such recall until the end of the Playing Season. Players so recalled can only be replaced by a further Long Term Loan with permission from the Company. Long Term Loan Transfers will not count against the number of Short Term Loan Transfers.

Last edited:

My thought. Money, we will presumably save a couple of quid by sending him back and, possibly if he's out of contract in 4 weeks get him back on much less than we are currently paying.

Back
Top Bottom