McCabe or Abdullah?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Star report from 10 June.
"The case also heard claims that Mr Bettis 'switched sides' from the McCabes' SUL to UTB, something which he denied."

Bettis' interesting take on impartiality (from two days ago):

View attachment 55412

Astounding lack of judgement given where court case stands and very worrying given view held by McCabe and others within the club that if Abdullah wins, Wilder will leave.

There's a photo going around of the players on the Princes yacht. Obviously showing where their loyalties lie......

"The case also heard claims that Mr Bettis 'switched sides' from the McCabes' SUL to UTB, something which he denied."

View attachment 55412

Astounding lack of judgement given where court case stands and very worrying given view held by McCabe and others within the club that if Abdullah wins, Wilder will leave.

I don't see meeting one of your bosses as an astounding lack of judgement or taking sides. For all you know, he could have gone for a pint with McCabes straight after!

I'd take this Wilder will leave stuff if the Prince wins with a big pinch of salt as well

Neither they are both fucking useless we will get relegated if either of them are still at the club beyond this summer they have overstayed their welcome.

View attachment 55412

Only us is able to get a prince that looks like he lives on his couch eating Doritos all day …. he looks like a slob

index.php

So four showing a false grin and 1 showing an overweight lifestyle.

Gold digging 49'ers fan.

Winkel is a bigger worry

;) though the newly enabled emoticon of 🧻 is worse unless it is sanctified by Crab Industries 🦀.

There seems to be no emoticon for Big Vern 🙉 or his associate Vera of the Greasy fame 🍯.

If you’ve followed the court case you’ll have read how PA didn’t have any cash for an agreed payment, he had to get rid of some shares in order to put in, also he’s talked of selling the academy for houses ( re - the bin laden loan) so for me I don't want him because he hasn’t any money.

It’s likely he will plunge the club into debt to pay for the club just like glazier did at old Trafford, but we are not Manchester United and the impact of this reckless gamble should he do it could mean us falling into oblivion...

I don’t know how else the prince can own the club, but we would need to stay in the premier league for years should he loan against future revenue to buy McCabe out..

Yeah I’m worried, I wasn’t but I am now.. McCabe to win and then sell it all on, he’ll probably take some magic beans for it though knowing his track record..

If you’ve followed the court case you’ll have read how PA didn’t have any cash for an agreed payment, he had to get rid of some shares in order to put in, also he’s talked of selling the academy for houses ( re - the bin laden loan) so for me I don't want him because he hasn’t any money.

It’s likely he will plunge the club into debt to pay for the club just like glazier did at old Trafford, but we are not Manchester United and the impact of this reckless gamble should he do it could mean us falling into oblivion...

I don’t know how else the prince can own the club, but we would need to stay in the premier league for years should he loan against future revenue to buy McCabe out..

Yeah I’m worried, I wasn’t but I am now.. McCabe to win and then sell it all on, he’ll probably take some magic beans for it though knowing his track record..

He could use the PL money to buy the assets off McCabe......

Some on here would think I’m quite old b
ut I didn’t feel it this weekend – maybe today a bit. Wow! What a manager! What a team! What a season!

Instead of just basking in the afterglow of promotion we have the battle for control of ‘our club’ due in court next week.

Having been largely invisible for the past 6 years, Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia has suddenly started attending matches at The Lane. Far be it for me to be cynical but could this have anything to do with the scent of Premier League money?

To remind ourselves as to why the two of them ended up in court, McCabe is furious at what he sees as Abdullah’s attempt to have his pants down by trying to side-step his agreement to buy the Blades’ property assets, as well as McCabe’s shares, in the event of a full takeover.

Abdullah’s actions make me really uncomfortable for two reasons:

1. A contract is a contract: if you sign it you honour it (or maybe I’m just being old-fashioned!)

2. If Abdullah has a long-term vision for The Blades, why didn’t he want to buy the property at fair value? Perhaps he couldn’t afford it? Or maybe he just sees the opportunity to make a quick killing?

My even bigger worry is that with Premier League money now in the bag he will relent on the property issue and use this money rather than his own to buy McCabe out. Which, in turn will mean less money to invest in the team.

McCabe is not perfect but he’s steered a steady ship through turbulent waters for a bloody long time. He also appointed Wilder and allows him to get on with the job without interference.

We have a history of dragging defeat from the jaws of victory and I really hope this isn’t the wrong end to an outstanding season.

We have to pray for McCabe, no brainer, even though he intends to sell up.

It's the thought of new owners that worries me. Wilder is Sheffield, S2 and Blades through and through. He's much like most of us in the way he conducts himself. Same values, same perspectives, no side, no airs and graces., slightly different accent but we'll forgive that.

I worry about non- football foreigners taking over and not quite getting the Wilder style.

My choice would be McCabe staying on, even with a minority ownership. He could represent our manager should the going get tough.

McCabe with 51% and 49% to investors would be great. Say £50m to McCabe which could help him match their future investments and his two sons on the Board with Bettis too.

McCabe with 51% and 49% to investors would be great.

All that will do is change a 2nd party insisting on 50% of a say to one wanting 49% of a say. I think a lesson from the current situation is that McCabe doesn’t really do partnership working. Prince Abdullah’s people are clearly culpable in how that situation arose, but all of this current situation blew up at a time of relative on-the-field calm. That doesn’t bode well for another partnership at times in the future, potentially soon, where it’s less so on-the-pitch.

All that will do is change a 2nd party insisting on 50% of a say to one wanting 49% of a say. I think a lesson from the current situation is that McCabe doesn’t really do partnership working. Prince Abdullah’s people are clearly culpable in how that situation arose, but all of this current situation blew up at a time of relative on-the-field calm. That doesn’t bode well for another partnership at times in the future, potentially soon, where it’s less so on-the-pitch.

Agree but the only way we'll keep a Blade and an English football man in charge.

It's the thought of new owners that worries me. Wilder is Sheffield, S2 and Blades through and through. He's much like most of us in the way he conducts himself. Same values, same perspectives, no side, no airs and graces., slightly different accent but we'll forgive that.

I worry about non- football foreigners taking over and not quite getting the Wilder style.

My choice would be McCabe staying on, even with a minority ownership. He could represent our manager should the going get tough.

McCabe with 51% and 49% to investors would be great. Say £50m to McCabe which could help him match their future investments and his two sons on the Board with Bettis too.

McCabe is relinquishing control come what may, the only question is who takes over.

I share many of your concerns in respect of who follows. The ideal is a supporter with the requisite wealth, knowledge and ethics. Despite some notable errors, McCabe was as close as we're ever likely to get to that profile. By contrast, I'm not sure what Prince Abdullah brings to the table that will help our club progress.

The Americans McCabe has lined up at least seem to have some relevant knowledge and serious lolly.

Would you like to book the court date now sir ?

Strange that the prince posted this and another picture of just himself and Bettis 4 days ago

Trying to make it relevent. That picture had a lot of faces that didn't play for us this season, Lafferty, for example.

Trying to make it relevent. That picture had a lot of faces that didn't play for us this season, Lafferty, for example.

Sorry are you talking about the golf or yacht picture as the golf one seems to have been posted 4 days ago with bettis

For the short.medium and long term benefit of the club it would be best if we said goodbye to both of them asap.

I don’t believe either party has the club’s best interests at heart anymore, just their own. For that reason, I really don’t care who wins ownership.

I don't know what the obsession with having to be English, having to be a Sheffielder, having to be a Blade has to do with it.
It seems some would be happy with the window cleaner with the largest round in Sheffield as long as he fits the above
Most investors taking on a Premier League club when one becomes available will be foreign

Back
Top Bottom