Mark Duffy - Three in Four

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And if we scored from all the chances Lundstram has created we'd have scored more goals of our own volition and be higher up the table, so the change required is having a striker that can put them in the net.

"All the chances"? Like the solitary one vs Everton that resulted in us scoring two goals and getting one of the flukiest results in recent memory. Give me a break. The only sitter United have missed this season is Clarke's v Liverpool (and that came via Fleck incidentally). Apart from the Everton game it's been about right this season so far in terms of goals scored and results, no complaints there. I think you're obsessed with Lundstram, a bit like the poster a few posts before you. There's a wider discussion going on here and its about the lack of a creative midfielder in United's line-up. I'd be interested to know why any discussion about this results in in the knights in shining armour racing to Lundstram's defence when he's not even the main topic of discussion?

"All the chances"? Like the solitary one vs Everton that resulted in us scoring two goals and getting one of the flukiest results in recent memory. Give me a break. The only sitter United have missed this season is Clarke's v Liverpool (and that came via Fleck incidentally). Apart from the Everton game it's been about right this season so far in terms of goals scored and results, no complaints there. I think you're obsessed with Lundstram, a bit like the poster a few posts before you. There's a wider discussion going on here and its about the lack of a creative midfielder in United's line-up. I'd be interested to know why any discussion about this results in in the knights in shining armour racing to Lundstram's defence when he's not even the main topic of discussion?

He's created 5 big chances, we've scored one of them I believe, so that'd mean we'd have 4 more goals if someone had finished them, don't see what's so offensive about that.

I think we can all see who's obsessed with Lundstram, there are quite a few of you. Gerrim out, yeah he was our best player today but he's still shit types. Rewriting last season and turning Mark Duffy into Messi just because he's not here anymore.

I think he's important to our not conceding many goals, and offers more than anyone else creation wise based on stats (which seem to be against your beliefs or something), so I don't see where taking him out would help us.

If we're taking someone out it should be someone who hasn't helped much, so that'd be one of our misfiring strikers and put Freeman on instead.

Another one with Duffy. Who's saying play him instead? You need to read whats actually been said rather than what you imagine has been said. Your obsession with him is second only to your obsession with Lundstram.

Anyway I'll leave the discussion there, Lundstram's "5 big chances" is the biggest load of rubbish put into three words I think I've ever read. You're deluded mate, deluded.

What on earth has Duffy got to do with it. Freeman is sitting on the bench getting splinters whilst we can't buy a goal. Save your snarky comments and join the debate with a few constructive ones instead.

You've got upset at every criticism of Philip Duffy who can fuck himself for me, nice bloke or not.

Whether he feels he's justified or not, I think the Dad of a 34 year old player trying to stir shit on multiple SUFC social media needs to take a hike and be told where to go.

Petty digs at the best manager we've had for over 25 years doesn't wash with me. Seeing as he feels the need to wipe his son's arse, maybe he should deal with it man to man.

My parent's both died before I reached my 30s but I'd be utterly embarrassed to have either of them behaving that way on the world wide web over a contract dispute at work in any circumstances, let alone Mark Duffy's.

At least you behave like your username.

You've got upset at every criticism of Philip Duffy who can fuck himself for me, nice bloke or not.

Whether he feels he's justified or not, I think the Dad of a 34 year old player trying to stir shit on multiple SUFC social media needs to take a hike and be told where to go.

Petty digs at the best manager we've had for over 25 years doesn't wash with me. Seeing as he feels the need to wipe his son's arse, maybe he should deal with it man to man.

My parent's both died before I reached my 30s but I'd be utterly embarrassed to have either of them behaving that way on the world wide web over a contract dispute at work in any circumstances, let alone Mark Duffy's.

At least you behave like your username.

Ah so you're talking about Philip Duffy. Why didn't you say. Tsk, so silly of me not to realise that. Remind me of where I got upset whilst you're at it.

Now what about that constructive midfielder we were talking about? Or are are you going to behave like a mardy arse for the rest of this thread.

He's created 5 big chances, we've scored one of them I believe, so that'd mean we'd have 4 more goals if someone had finished them, don't see what's so offensive about that.

I think we can all see who's obsessed with Lundstram, there are quite a few of you. Gerrim out, yeah he was our best player today but he's still shit types. Rewriting last season and turning Mark Duffy into Messi just because he's not here anymore.

I think he's important to our not conceding many goals, and offers more than anyone else creation wise based on stats (which seem to be against your beliefs or something), so I don't see where taking him out would help us.

If we're taking someone out it should be someone who hasn't helped much, so that'd be one of our misfiring strikers and put Freeman on instead.

I don't know what constitutes a "big chance", but this was shown on sky last night. Not only is he our biggest creator but he is 9th in the entire Premier League. I don't know where Lundstram sits in this list as I can only find the top 10.

20191018_182239.jpg

I don't know what constitutes a "big chance", but this was shown on sky last night. Not only is he our biggest creator but he is 9th in the entire Premier League. I don't know where Lundstram sits in this list as I can only find the top 10.

View attachment 62884

Big chances section on the Premier League website, think big chances are separate to chances, probably based on expected goals or something.

Norwood has been mighty impressive though, the match pack before Liverpool, he had better stats than Fabinho.

Big chances section on the Premier League website, think big chances are separate to chances, probably based on expected goals or something.

Norwood has been mighty impressive though, the match pack before Liverpool, he had better stats than Fabinho.

Yeah I get that it's different, I'm just not sure how it's worked out. I think the it shows though that you can make anyone look like our most creative player using stats. What's better, 17 chances created or 4 big chances? (I don't know).

These stats are unfair anyway as Fleck and Freeman have played far less minutes than the other two.

He'd be 'back in a second' but his idiot father seems to do his best to set fire to the bridge again?

I dont think any of what happened was a decision from Mark. I think he was badly advised by those around him.

We know what Duffy brings to the team, and what he offers. He's playing in a Squad sitting bottom of the Championship, and Stoke haven't given him a chance, he's started 2 games, one of those in the cup.

I'd argue he would have gotten more game time for us this year for us by now had he stayed.

I dont think any if whats happened was a decision from Mark. I think he was badly advised by those around him.

I read somewhere his agent expressed surprise at the events. No idea if true. Whatever happened, he didn't have to have the supposed meeting with Wilder.

He's paid a hell of a price, yet for some it's all Wilders fault. Said before we want Wilder to be tough with the owners and certain players as long as it's not the popular ones.

Sorry fella but you make your own decisions in life, no matter what “advice” you get.

Sorry, I don't agree.

I was offered a really well paid job in 2017, but had to turn it down because my partner didn't want to move and I wasn't willing to travel from Sheffield to the job and back every day/few days. Sometimes you have to think of the impact staying/moving would have on those around you. We'll never know the real reason he's moved on, but I'm not sure he was the one that 100% made the decision.

Definitely isn't Wilders fault, either.

Duffy can't be on more at Stoke though can he? I thought in a loan you just discuss who'd paying what % of his current contracted wages, and Stoke can't add more money onto his wage?

It's clear there's been a breakdown in the relationship - assuming Dad and Wife aren't speaking without Duffs knowledge- and I still feel this damages both Men.

However, how the hell can the hatchet be , if not buried then certainly shoved down the back of the sofa for a bit, whilst they are still fanning flames on the internet.

Get a grip of them Duffs and let's see if you can't work out a truce with CWAK and return in Jan. We will need reinforcing given the lack of anything approaching a tune out of Morrison and Besic.

Sorry, I don't agree.

I was offered a really well paid job in 2017, but had to turn it down because my partner didn't want to move and I wasn't willing to travel from Sheffield to the job and back every day/few days. Sometimes you have to think of the impact staying/moving would have on those around you. We'll never know the real reason he's moved on, but I'm not sure he was the one that 100% made the decision.

Duffy can't be on more at Stoke though can he? I thought in a loan you just discuss who'd paying what % of his current contracted wages, and Stoke can't add more money onto his wage?

That's. not the same though is it?

He's not an eighteen year old. He's a seasoned professional finally getting a chance at the big time. If another PL club was coming in for him fair enough, but he screwed up the chance. Agent, father, wife, whoever, his choice to possibly rock the boat.

No doubt who made the final decision. Wilder. The bloke who masterminded our two promotions in three years. He's earned the right to decide who stays or goes.

Sorry, I don't agree.

You’re agreeing with me! It was your decision after weighing up the pros and cons, we all have to do that. Duffs made his decision, good or bad (for him).

You’re agreeing with me! It was your decision after weighing up the pros and cons, we a have to do that. Duffs made his decision, good or bad (for him).

Yeah, obviously it has to be his decision, but I'm 99% sure his family will have influenced it. Like I said, badly advised.

Yeah, obviously it has to be his decision, but I'm 99% sure his family will have influenced it. Like I said, badly advised.

If your assertion is correct, his father clearly hasn't learned anything from family "advice" being given.

What on earth has Duffy got to do with it. Freeman is sitting on the bench getting splinters whilst we can't buy a goal. Save your snarky comments and join the debate with a few constructive ones instead.
My constructive comment would be that we’re on target for finishing with about as many points as we could hope to have (minus about 5), despite having above average difficulty fixtures, and me expecting the first 8 games to be much harder in terms of finding our feet.

I’m feeling positive about where we are, but would expect the likes of Freeman to get more of a look in at home / against easier opposition.

Jags has England experience, premier League experience in buckets. Duffy has never played in the premier League. He also struggled to play 60 mins last season. Come on Philip, I think we all know he doesn't warrant 50k a week. He wouldn't really warrant 20k when he can't finish a championship standard game let alone a premier League game.

Jags has England experience, premier League experience in buckets. Duffy has never played in the premier League. He also struggled to play 60 mins last season. Come on Philip, I think we all know he doesn't warrant 50k a week. He wouldn't really warrant 20k when he can't finish a championship standard game let alone a premier League game.

Like I said in the shoutbox you would think his old man would be more worried about Mark's lack of game time at Stoke.

Like I said in the shoutbox you would think his old man would be more worried about Mark's lack of game time at Stoke.
Exactly bud. Mad to think his missus was relieved about the move... What. A. Muppet.

For the record, I loved Duffy. Class playmaker. But I've lost respect for him. It's very easy for him to tell his missus to wind it in a bit. But it seems he's happy to allow her to spout off on twatter at his own expense.

He came on for 10 minutes against West Brom and looked decent, but he's put some weight on.

Charlie Austin had to change his shirt because he got a cut and he had a bit of flab on him too.

Shows how much work our players do if you look visibly fatter after 3 months away.

He'll not be coming back.

How sad this is. I have a Duffy bounce slayer pin badge and genuinely thank him. However what is wrong with people. Nobody including me is no more than 2 weeks and a cardboard box away from oblivion. Duffy was a good player for us. Right now who would we swap him for..... Lunny? He still has some credibility and he is also still a blade.I hope he goes out with his head held high. £10 he doesn’t. !

How sad this is. I have a Duffy bounce slayer pin badge and genuinely thank him. However what is wrong with people. Nobody including me is no more than 2 weeks and a cardboard box away from oblivion. Duffy was a good player for us. Right now who would we swap him for..... Lunny? He still has some credibility and he is also still a blade.I hope he goes out with his head held high. £10 he doesn’t. !

He would have been in Leon's spot in the squad, but he wouldn't have been in the 18 most games you'd imagine.

Definitely wouldn't swap Lunny for him.

I've still got a bounce slayer pin on my coat too, always grateful and he scored some belters, but we don't owe him anything, he was paid handsomely, and supported whole heartedly.

Just a shame it's gone tits up.

You see where he's coming from though.

Sorry mate, disagree. I get it's his dad (and as a dad I'd run over hot coals to defend my kids) but he's doing him no favours coming out with that shit on social media. Duffy was (is!) a legend at the lane for his time here, and will hopefully always be fondly remembered by the fans, but this sort of shit from his family does him no favours at all.

Yes, we'd all feel like that if it were our children, but keep your counsel! Saying things in private is a very different thing to posting it where all and sundry can see. We (the fans, the ones who supported him and sang his name week in and week out) have no say in his contract/team status, so why the fuck reply on social media about "x player earning £50k a week" and calling our players "shits". If you have an issue with what went off, make that argument in private to the club/manager/board.

In some ways Duffy is unlucky, and I have some sympathy, he was a late bloomer and only really proved himself at the end of his career. He had skills but his fitness was never really there. If he was 21 years old and a bit fitter he'd be looking at a long contract with a couple more zeros on the end of his transfer fee and contract. The reality is that he's a 34 year old who struggles to play 60 minutes of Championship football and who had just signed a new contract.

All things considered, he was never going to get a big money contract. He should have enjoyed the ride and (like many other former players who are still involved with the club) enjoyed the trappings of being an ex-player, adored by the fans (in a coach/ambassador role, a regular pundit, or speaking tours, whatever...). Even if he had none of that, he could at least say he rose through the football ranks and played Premier League football. I bet he wonders what might have been (as do we, unfortunately).

He's been badly advised. If his dad (and other family members) can't see all of this, they should at least stay off social media. They're tarnishing our memory of a fine player. You can see already that fans on here are turning against him, and that's a damn shame, because he was one hell of a player for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom