Leeds number 10

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I suspect, no matter how far in the future, that your memory won't be as indecisive when you are asked to recall yesterday's tackle.
I bet it will be.

like the trip on the edge of the box on Ali, i wont remember that either :tumbleweed:

Defend Ali time:D

If you guys ever look at our forum i do this a lot, he's my favourite player:p

Totally out of form and needs a rest. He has played 2666 minutes including internationals this season.

For a winger who runs his ass off every game (the one thing all LUFC fans agree with, he works exceptionally hard). The guy must be exhausted. It was him chasing across the pitch that lead to our goal.

He has been targeted this season, he does go down to easily sometimes but he has taken a lot of kickings.

His stats for his first season in England are 5 goals 4 assists, perfectly respectable really. He is also often one of our highest tacklers, doesnt look like a guy who would enjoy that side of the game, but he started as a full back.

Confidence is shot and physically think he is knackered, earlier this season he would run past defenders often, linking with Saiz. But recently with no Saiz he doesnt take people on anymore.

On the tackle.

It was a 50/50 Ali got there first, no malice intended from either player but he did get there first.

Your guy caught him hard (it was a crunching contact) so he missed the ball.

Now, while it wasnt reckless he wasnt jumping in, you could argue excessive force and out of control , which we had Cooper sent off for with far less contact the other week.

Ultimately had he been sent off i dont think an appeal would have worked for the above reasons, however you could see it as a good old 50/50.

Depends on your point of view.

Me I'd have sent him off, but its my player he hurt so I'm biased. You, probably wouldn't have because he is yours and your biased.
Arse, not ass. You're from Yorkshire, not New York.

Pure comedy!

Had a nightmare. Minced about the pitch, couldnt control the ball and kept falling over. Made himself look a reyt numpty.
He went down for five minutes when the tackle from Evans moved his hair a tad. Prima Donna.

Defend Ali time:D

If you guys ever look at our forum i do this a lot, he's my favourite player:p

Totally out of form and needs a rest. He has played 2666 minutes including internationals this season.

For a winger who runs his ass off every game (the one thing all LUFC fans agree with, he works exceptionally hard). The guy must be exhausted. It was him chasing across the pitch that lead to our goal.

He has been targeted this season, he does go down to easily sometimes but he has taken a lot of kickings.

His stats for his first season in England are 5 goals 4 assists, perfectly respectable really. He is also often one of our highest tacklers, doesnt look like a guy who would enjoy that side of the game, but he started as a full back.

Confidence is shot and physically think he is knackered, earlier this season he would run past defenders often, linking with Saiz. But recently with no Saiz he doesnt take people on anymore.

On the tackle.

It was a 50/50 Ali got there first, no malice intended from either player but he did get there first.

Your guy caught him hard (it was a crunching contact) so he missed the ball.

Now, while it wasnt reckless he wasnt jumping in, you could argue excessive force and out of control , which we had Cooper sent off for with far less contact the other week.

Ultimately had he been sent off i dont think an appeal would have worked for the above reasons, however you could see it as a good old 50/50.

Depends on your point of view.

Me I'd have sent him off, but its my player he hurt so I'm biased. You, probably wouldn't have because he is yours and your biased.

My older lad came to the game yesterday, because my younger lad who has the ST was working. Laddo senior comes once a year, or so, and whilst he understands and appreciates the game, he doesn’t approach any given match with much prior knowledge or prejudice. In other words, he gives everyone a clean slate and the benefit of the doubt.

After ten minutes yesterday, he leaned in my ear and observed, “that Leeds number 10 is a total fucking twat”.

My older lad came to the game yesterday, because my younger lad who has the ST was working. Laddo senior comes once a year, or so, and whilst he understands and appreciates the game, he doesn’t approach any given match with much prior knowledge or prejudice. In other words, he gives everyone a clean slate and the benefit of the doubt.

After ten minutes yesterday, he leaned in my ear and observed, “that Leeds number 10 is a total fucking twat”.

My missus is the same her comment was "That albino rentboy's a twat, didn't think anyone could be worse than Grealish but I stand corrected"

Kind of vindicates my thought, recall the minutiae but not something that's career ending. At this rate your mind will be full of inconsequential, unimportant detail.
A tackle that happened 3 months ago is inconsequential and unimportant to me, hence it not being locked in my memory.

It was a bad tackle, not sure why i should be expected to remember it though.

A tackle that happened 3 months ago is inconsequential and unimportant to me, hence it not being locked in my memory.

But you'd remember it, had it happened to your player.

So that you at least had the appearance of impartiality?

As it stands, you will have a one-sided memory of what happens, and generally in favour of the team you support.

In the first game this season at your place, I think it was Philips(?) who showed intent when he tackled Brooks (I think) with what I'd refer to as a tackle that was vicious and had no intent to win the ball. It was far worse than the tackle on your guy yesterday, so do your homework before moaning about the type of tackles your players have to endure.

Baldock

To be fair, there were odd glimpses of a decent player, but he was basically pants in most of what he did. Sadly he is typical of players of that ilk (and Leeds have another one in Saiz), probably lots of talent and ability but it rarely shows because they seem to want to concentrate more on conning the ref, falling down trying to gain free kicks and get the opposition player booked and any other angle to gain an advantage than actually using the talent to try and win games. It's why I never went into coaching or management when I finished playing, I wouldn't have the patience for all the histrionics in the modern game.

Was it 19 who screamed loudly as if his leg had been snapped off near our technical area? Only to get up a minute or so later, limp for one step then set off running with the ball?

I think the derision from the Stand healed him quicker than any magic sponge could have.

Was it 19 who screamed loudly as if his leg had been snapped off near our technical area? Only to get up a minute or so later, limp for one step then set off running with the ball?

I think the derision from the Stand healed him quicker than any magic sponge could have.

such twattery is the biggest difference i've noticed between championship and league 1. witnessed some right bellendery at the Lane this season.

Yup Hernandez, the commentators were taking the piss out of him for the same reason (particularly as the offending party was Baldock who stayed on his feet when fouled twice in the first half)

So that you at least had the appearance of impartiality?

As it stands, you will have a one-sided memory of what happens, and generally in favour of the team you support.
Most people will have a slightly biased view of things in favour of there team.

As it was i genuinely couldn't remember Phillips challenge although i did call him out for it at the time, and on our forum.

It was worse then your guys one on Ali tbf, he should have walked, not for the first time.

I don't like some of the continental habits some of our flair players have.

Saiz, Hernandez and Alioski do go down to easily from time to time, but on the flip side those 3 in particular are on the receiving end of extra rough treatment.

To be fair, there were odd glimpses of a decent player, but he was basically pants in most of what he did. Sadly he is typical of players of that ilk (and Leeds have another one in Saiz), probably lots of talent and ability but it rarely shows because they seem to want to concentrate more on conning the ref, falling down trying to gain free kicks and get the opposition player booked and any other angle to gain an advantage than actually using the talent to try and win games. It's why I never went into coaching or management when I finished playing, I wouldn't have the patience for all the histrionics in the modern game.
You played professionally? Thats interesting.

As you say he is typical of those continental flair players, up and down the leagues they all have a bit of a flop in them.

Obviously talented in our case, Alioski is an international and played every minute of his countries Qualifiers since signing for us including earning plaudits vs italy. Hernandez spent most of his career in La Liga and the Premier League and was a standout for Swansea and Saiz was apparently the best player in Spains 2nd tier last year and was on the way to La Liga.

Talented but with Continental tendencies.

Most people will have a slightly biased view of things in favour of there team.

As it was i genuinely couldn't remember Phillips challenge although i did call him out for it at the time, and on our forum.

It was worse then your guys one on Ali tbf, he should have walked, not for the first time.

I don't like some of the continental habits some of our flair players have.

Saiz, Hernandez and Alioski do go down to easily from time to time, but on the flip side those 3 in particular are on the receiving end of extra rough treatment.

Without wanting to repeat much of what's already been said, I can see both sides to Saiz. On one hand he does himself no favours at all with the histrionics and melodramatic gestures that most fans find unappealing. It's because of this that they are often blind to the fact that he's a better than average player. If Saiz toughened up, accepted whatever came his way on the chin (and you just know that he'll be a target because of his behaviour), hope that referees protect him from intentional fouling, and just got on with his game, then he'd find that he'd be appreciated by fans far and wide. There's nothing that we love more than a little 'un who can take the rough with the smooth, and if he could manage to cut out the nonsense then he'd grow into a player with skill and vision.

You played professionally? Thats interesting.

As you say he is typical of those continental flair players, up and down the leagues they all have a bit of a flop in them.

Obviously talented in our case, Alioski is an international and played every minute of his countries Qualifiers since signing for us including earning plaudits vs italy. Hernandez spent most of his career in La Liga and the Premier League and was a standout for Swansea and Saiz was apparently the best player in Spains 2nd tier last year and was on the way to La Liga.

Talented but with Continental tendencies.

Not professionally, almost though ;)

I wasn't born then, Revie was dead before i was born.

Games moved on from then, if anything im a child of David O'Leary :p

The game has moved on, but Leeds haven't in the last 40-odd years. If Heckingbottom is to stand a chance, he must stamp out the cheating that is in Leeds' DNA. If he succeeds in that, maybe the fucking neanderthals that follow your club will drift away and forget all this myth about Leeds being 'massive'.

Watch and learn. Leeds are a stain on the game.

Back
Top Bottom