Leeds Fan In Peace 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cjay

Reaction score
Hello Blades fans:)

Back again :D

Same as last season if anyone can be bothered.

Few questions ( and answers imo if anyone has any about us).

Then goes on our forum for peoples to read etc.

Just thoughts on your squad, signings, manager, season so far, how you see the season panning out and finally thoughts on the game on Saturday:cool::cool:.

Any responses greatly appreciated.

Cjay.

JohnDenver

¡No Pasarán!
Reaction score

Just thoughts on your squad, signings, manager, season so far, how you see the season panning out and finally thoughts on the game on Saturday:cool::cool:.

Cjay.
We’re stronger this year.
Norwood, Egan and Henderson are quality players.
We’re slightly inconsistent but doing very well under a fabulous manager.
We’ve a real shot at top 6.
Please don’t throw a seat at me.

Blade for Sale

Reaction score

Cjay.
It's all about the wrists here pal. We went from slitting them on Saturday to pumping them rythymically last night. You'll find no reason here laddy, be gone with ya.

Fulwood Blade

Reaction score
We’re stronger this year.
Norwood, Egan and Henderson are quality players.
We’re slightly inconsistent but doing very well under a fabulous manager.
We’ve a real shot at top 6.
Please don’t throw a seat at me.
aye, remember that when BLUT were wooden seats - what year anyone?

UTB

Large Mendonca

Team 163 Flouncemeister
Reaction score

Cjay.
We have a bit more strength in depth this season but are very Jeckyl and Hyde withour performances, a bit like the back end of last year again. It seems as though your boys are going through similar ? from what i've seen you've looked league toppers on occasions (especially early season) to very inconsistent. I reckon this league is there for the taking to the team who can find a bit of lasting form. From a predictions point of view, any result is possible i reckon :)

itsinyerblood

Reaction score

Cjay.
G'day geezer,

Firstly, you lot have done well, a bit like us. Your manager's reputation hasn't stopped you from maintaining a challenge, in fact he's probably responsible for your consistency.

As for the Blades, a better version of last season, our keeper is a top player, as for the rest, well turn up and discover for yourself. Unlike our cuntry cousins over at S6 we try and play football as it was intended to be played. Let's hope you have the same disdain for them that we do. Looking forward to the game, no predictions other than to say you'll have to play well, otherwise we won't like you.

Take care and godspeed.

Fulwood Blade

Reaction score

Cjay.
Having worked in Leeds for 6 years in the 00's, I probably have a better level of respect than many on here.
Your 7,700 fans that turned out at Blackburn was impressive and the days of getting that many down here are long gone, but you, like us and I suppose the pigs are passionate fans.
The game will be a firecracker and hope we get a decent ref.
As for us - we are BETTER than last season and Bielsa has made you a better team too.
We should have done you for more at Elland Road, had the idiot ref not sent off Phillips for a dreadful tackle - pointed out on sky "That's a red card all day long" - except for the ref and the linesman who was actually on that side.
The result won't define anyone's season as this division will go to the wire - results up to now have shown that.
Anyone of 6-9 teams could go on a run.
It all depends how Leeds approach the game - come and sit and defend like the "MASSIVE OF S6" and it will be a boring game. Come and attack us and we'll find space. Come and get in our faces and we don't like it.

Looking forward to it - you can't beat a local rivalry.

UTB

PS: it's not a local derby by the way - the pigs are our only derby game.

JackSUFC

Reaction score
We should have done you for more at Elland Road, had the idiot ref not sent off Phillips for a dreadful tackle - pointed out on sky "That's a red card all day long" - except for the ref and the linesman who was actually on that side.
That was right in front of me. The worst tackle I've ever seen in real time.

SwissBlade

Reaction score

Cjay.
We’ve added to the squad quite well over the summer. Henderson on loan in goal was just right, we wanted Blackman back(how he wasn’t not your number one I’ll never know) but we’ve got a better keeper in Henderson. Future England number 1.

Egan has been fantastic at centre half and that back 3 now really works well, Egan sitting deep and Bash/ JOC getting forward when they can. Something which most teams struggle with.

Shifting Carrruthers, Holmes, Leonard and Evans all out raised a few eyebrows as we’d chased for a long time to get them. But wilder recognised that they weren’t going to be what he wanted and moved them on. If Egan was expensive bringing Norwood in has been the deal of the season, when he performs, the team performs

Woodburn, Johnson and Washington have all just played cameos and haven’t got going as they’ve been unable to dislodge some in form players. Washington though had a very good game at Brentford. So we can perhaps expect them to play a bigger role.

McG rivals Norwood for signing of the season, questions over his injury record seem to have been answered and he’s not the gamble we expected. Quality player and links up play fantastically.

The season is going well, we’ve dropped a few points recently in big games, but the win and performance at Brentford was a great response. Last season we missed Coutts when he broke his leg, this season we’ve filled the hole he left and the football at times has been sensational. At times we’ve conceded too many goals, personally I see it as a result of how we play, we’ll create a lot but we also concede too. Very few 0-0’s with United. We’re good value.

The marquee striker signing still remains. Whilst Billy, Leon, McG all get goals and are fairly clinical, we miss the game changer, someone that smashed the ball from 30 yards.

I didn’t expect us to do as well this season, but the subtle additions to the squad have really blended well.

Finally, on to Saturday. I don’t expect the bus to be parked like our neighbours did. I expect an open game, two sides having a go and we could see lots of goals. Leeds look like they’ve had a few hit and miss games, West Brom was a capitulation but a decent win at the weekend and last night worries me a bit. I guess it’ll depend if you can maintain the energy levels after 3 games in a week. Hopefully not!

I’ll predict 4-3 to the Blades

Ps Sorry i went on a bit!
Pps leave our seats where they are

coolhandluke

Vicarious living rids your boredom .
Reaction score
lol - sure there was a bad incident in the 80's or 90's at some point

UTB
I think it was 84-85ish . Seem to remember seats and coins coming our way on John Street West Terrace and seats coins and even part of a crush barrier going the other way .

For rank stupidity though Leeds really did take the Gold Medal . At the same game the Leeds fans in Bramall Lane Upper managed to release the advertisement hoardings located on the facsia directly above their own fans . We all stood in shock as they were released and witnessed them crashing to the ground inches from their own fans . How no one was injured or worse is something I still struggle to understand to this day .

Good owd Leeds. When it came to mindless wrecking sprees they were numero uno throughout the 80's . Just a shame that they never wanted to know when it came to straight up fisticuffs ;)

coaxingstar71

First 10 yards are in the head
Reaction score
aye, remember that when BLUT were wooden seats - what year anyone?

UTB
I think it was 84-85ish . Seem to remember seats and coins coming our way on John Street West Terrace and seats coins and even part of a crush barrier going the other way .

For rank stupidity though Leeds really did take the Gold Medal . At the same game the Leeds fans in Bramall Lane Upper managed to release the advertisement hoardings located on the facsia directly above their own fans . We all stood in shock as they were released and witnessed them crashing to the ground inches from their own fans . How no one was injured or worse is something I still struggle to understand to this day .

Good owd Leeds. When it came to mindless wrecking sprees they were numero uno throughout the 80's . Just a shame that they never wanted to know when it came to straight up fisticuffs ;)
1985 - At half-time it rained wooden seats from the Bramall Lane Upper Tier. We won 2-1. Mel Eves winner in top bag at kop end.

Sean Thornton

Reaction score

That's why the had the "wrecking crew" firm, for those too brain dead and racist for the Service Crew.

Carlton Blade

Basham arrived
Reaction score

Cjay.
Good home team/inconsistent away team. Always likely to be worth putting in your over 2.5 goals acca. Score some quality goals, not very good at defending deep. Capable of beating anyone, home or away if we play well.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom