Gone Elsewhere Josh Brownhill

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bibbity bobbity boo

It's all a load of bollocks
Reaction score
This one doing the rounds on Sky Transfer Centre

09:56

PL INTEREST IN BROWNHILL
We understand Brighton and Sheffield United are leading the Premier League interest in Bristol Citymidfielder Josh Brownhill.
There’s also competition from the Championship, with both Leeds and Derby keen on the player.

Very decent player and one likely to be able to cope with the jump from the Champ to the Prem.

I wonder who has the overall decision making authority for Brighton's recruitment - Ashworth or Potter.

Sounds like a number 10? and highly rated. Will cost serious clover from Brizzle as their owner is as rich as they come.

With our budget we bottom o pile feedin on scraps behind the utha 17 teams so we battle on we guna have to higher that wage limit big league now

I reckon a big reason we might want him is that he could switch between AM and CM during games quite easily.

Due to what he'd cost (£5m+), he'd have to be a starter. And if he was just for Norwood's position then he might not be.

He could possibly cover RWB as well. So this level of versatility could justify a big spend.

Will be hard to get him out of Bristol City now they've already had a big sale with Lloyd Kelly.

But when a Premier League club comes in..........?

Another benefit of trying to do your business early... you get in and benefit from a first mover advantage.

For example after we sold brooks last year were were under less pressure to sell JOC and could actually knock back bids

You may pay a slight premium to get your man but at least you get him and actually it might be cheaper than after they sell another asset.

Let’s just hope he wants a PL move .

Another benefit of trying to do your business early... you get in and benefit from a first mover advantage.

For example after we sold brooks last year were were under less pressure to sell JOC and could actually knock back bids

You may pay a slight premium to get your man but at least you get him and actually it might be cheaper than after they sell another asset.

Let’s just hope he wants a PL move .

Would you say Bournemouth only paid a "slight premium" to land Kelly?

Would you say Bournemouth only paid a "slight premium" to land Kelly?

I’ve no idea how good Kelly is .

But In the context of an *established* PL club. £12m is pocket change - they spent that at least 3 times on players last year didn’t they? and were able to turn down approaches north of £50-60m for Wilson.

We’re at the bottle of the barrel with PL targets I’d suggest we need to try and get whatever advantage we can to scoop up these players imo.

Another player I really like. If we get him and Rodriguez I’m a happy Blade. I live near Bristol and know a fair bit about City. Brownhill is comfortably their best player in my opinion.

I’ve no idea how good Kelly is .

But In the context of an *established* PL club. £12m is pocket change - they spent that at least 3 times on players last year didn’t they? and were able to turn down approaches north of £50-60m for Wilson.

We’re at the bottle of the barrel with PL targets I’d suggest we need to try and get whatever advantage we can to scoop up these players imo.

By paying over the odds you mean? Considering CW's ethos, track record and budget, I can't see him doing that - can you?

Do you not think that CW, Bettis, Mitchell & co have been trying to land targets this summer? It may be worth noting how few deals have been completed so far this summer, particularly in the Prem and Champ. I suspect you'll see a lot more movement next month but you may be heading for disappointment if you're expecting Utd to blow rivals out of the water by offering targets and their clubs more.

I like him but would be over £10m I would have thought?

By paying over the odds you mean? Considering CW's ethos, track record and budget, I can't see him doing that - can you?

Do you not think that CW, Bettis, Mitchell & co have been trying to land targets this summer? It may be worth noting how few deals have been completed so far this summer, particularly in the Prem and Champ. I suspect you'll see a lot more movement next month but you may be heading for disappointment if you're expecting Utd to blow rivals out of the water by offering targets and their clubs more.

I’m suggesting nothing looks particular close even getting hendo back on loan has dragged on for well over a month.

Villa only knew they were up a week ago and still have made more headway than we have.

I saying we’re at the bottom of the barrel, perhaps there is benefit in showing our hand and trying to get some of these deals over he live before a better resourced club steps in. I’m lot suggesting blowing people out of the water but there’s benefit in getting your business done early and having a together squad before August

Can’t say I know anything about him. Adam Webster is normally considered the stand out player in there team.

I’m suggesting nothing looks particular close even getting hendo back on loan has dragged on for well over a month.

Villa only knew they were up a week ago and still have made more headway than we have.

I saying we’re at the bottom of the barrel, perhaps there is benefit in showing our hand and trying to get some of these deals over he live before a better resourced club steps in. I’m lot suggesting blowing people out of the water but there’s benefit in getting your business done early and having a together squad before August

If only it were as easy to land players as you make out BiL. Perhaps you could offer your services to help Utd get the deals over the line early as you suggest...

If only it were as easy to land players as you make out BiL. Perhaps you could offer your services to help Utd get the deals over the line early as you suggest...

Not suggesting it’s easy.

But Both villa and Norwich have signed players. It’s a small time attitude to suggest we couldn’t / shouldnt be aiming to do similar.

I trust wilder and if he wants to wait and see what happens fair enough. But I don’t see that it’s asking for the world to get some new signings integrated before we get to August.

We should at least be able to outbid some championship clubs this time round.

Wasn’t he the guy who was ‘headbutted’ a year or so ago. When I say headbutted, it’s a loose term

I reckon a big reason we might want him is that he could switch between AM and CM during games quite easily.

Due to what he'd cost (£5m+), he'd have to be a starter. And if he was just for Norwood's position then he might not be.

He could possibly cover RWB as well. So this level of versatility could justify a big spend.
£15m, maybe more, according to the Bristol press.

£15m, maybe more, according to the Bristol press.

Well, there you go.

It shows how crazy the market is if fellow Championship clubs are interested. Even they have no clue how much he'd cost, and there's no way they'd waste their time at anywhere near £10m.

Well, there you go.

It shows how crazy the market is if fellow Championship clubs are interested. Even they have no clue how much he'd cost, and there's no way they'd waste their time at anywhere near £10m.
15 is the new 5. We better unearth some hidden gems, that's all I can say!
We might be as well poaching the head scout at Brentford 😜

15 is the new 5. We better unearth some hidden gems, that's all I can say!
We might be as well poaching the head scout at Brentford 😜

Honestly, we have to be looking at players who've barely proven themselves in the Championship yet. It's mad. Hence my suggestions like Joe Rothwell.

Back
Top Bottom