John Swift

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I thought this lad made a big difference when he came on for Reading and it's not hard to imagine he might be on Wilder's shopping list at some point in the future in view of his comments about him in the Radio Sheffield interview after the game. I can't remember the exact phraseology but along the lines of him being a "proper" footballer or words to that effect. Certainly looked it.

I thought this lad made a big difference when he came on for Reading and it's not hard to imagine he might be on Wilder's shopping list at some point in the future in view of his comments about him in the Radio Sheffield interview after the game. I can't remember the exact phraseology but along the lines of him being a "proper" footballer or words to that effect. Certainly looked it.

We were all over them until he came and almost on the ropes after. Only 22. Gerrim signed Wilder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Swift_(footballer,_born_1995)

(PS: Looks good in red and white stripes as well)

Yes I also thought the same. Wouldnt surprise me if Swift was to become a blade on the future.

I remember CW commenting likewise about Baldock on the radio last season...wonder where he is now...

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned pre-match (unless it has, and I missed it!). This guy absolutely tore us apart playing for Swindon at Bramall Lane a couple of years ago and I've been following his career ever since. Excellent player, as said above, very Duffy-like. Direct and skilful, excellent player.

I think come january, it should be in McCabe n the prince's bonce, to back Wilder to the hilt, cos im starting to think, 3 more very good players, and we can finish top 2 come may!

Our future attacking midfielder is David Brooks not Jon Swift

Isn’t he a another player that’s come out of a big 4 academy - Chelsea??

Imo this is where we should be looking to recruit going forward - plenty of technically great, gifted and hardworking players, that could play pl football in those academy’s that simply will never get a chance because they can afford to spend £30m on a back up right back and have a seasoned international in ever position.

Getting lads like ccv and Jamal on loan is a good start towards getting links with these types on players - after all it’s not unreasonable that they might eventually become available

Isn’t he a another player that’s come out of a big 4 academy - Chelsea??

Imo this is where we should be looking to recruit going forward - plenty of technically great, gifted and hardworking players, that could play pl football in those academy’s that simply will never get a chance because they can afford to spend £30m on a back up right back and have a seasoned international in ever position.

Getting lads like ccv and Jamal on loan is a good start towards getting links with these types on players - after all it’s not unreasonable that they might eventually become available

Yep, Chelsea product. As mentioned elsewhere, looked excellent at the Lane for Swindon a couple of years ago and impressed again yesterday. On another note, if Aluko’s worth £7.5m on yesterday’s showing, then we all need agents :eek:

I agree mate and they also changed formation and put an extra man on midfield this gave them a foothold in the game , I also think taking Duffy off unsettled us

Yep, Chelsea product. As mentioned elsewhere, looked excellent at the Lane for Swindon a couple of years ago and impressed again yesterday. On another note, if Aluko’s worth £7.5m on yesterday’s showing, then we all need agents :eek:

tbf - lots of players look good players when given time and space on the ball - we don't give ANY team that time - especially with Aluko yesterday.

One of my biggest gripes during our first 5 years in the pub league was teams came to BDTBL and put the squeeze on us and we hadn't a clue how to play against it. We might still not have a clue now, but the difference now is WE play on the front foot from the off and generally don't give the opposition time to dictate tactics.

What will be interesting to me, and I'd like it to happen, is to pull a Prem team AWAY in the 3rd round of the cup - it could be very interesting.

UTB

Our future attacking midfielder is David Brooks not Jon Swift

c7NJRa2.gif

Definitely one to look at if we go up. The fact we can even talk about this seriously is testament to the ridiculously good job Wilder is doing.

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned pre-match (unless it has, and I missed it!). This guy absolutely tore us apart playing for Swindon at Bramall Lane a couple of years ago and I've been following his career ever since. Excellent player, as said above, very Duffy-like. Direct and skilful, excellent player.
He also did a job on us when on loan to Notts county

Don't think a bid of £750k plus Hussey would quite get a deal over the line.

Back
Top Bottom