JOC and England

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

England have been cack since the world cup, embarrassing performance in the Nations League with all our defenders shitting the bed at some point, poor in the recent qualifiers.

Most of the time they get wins against poorer opposition just because the strike force is actually decent, but it's papering over the cracks imo.

Lots of dross behind Kane and Sterling.
Our midfield is painfully mediocre. The sooner City blood Foden the better

Our midfield is painfully mediocre. The sooner City blood Foden the better

In the 1970's , the then England manager Don Revie ( total bellend though he was ) , had the luxury of telling Tony Currie , Alan Hudson ( second only to him ) , Stan Bowles ,Rodney Marsh and Frank Worthington that they were not good enough to play for their country .

I wonder if any of them would have got a game if the other contenders had been Jordan Henderson , Harry Winks and Mason Mount ? 😂 😁😂

Marketing makes the player successful. Not talent.

Same with Films, music, advertising etc etc.

More exposure, more money etc. I guarantee if you focused an non-league Bulgarian and spent the same marketing budget as Ronaldo or Messi.. they’d be touted as the next big thing ie Freddie Adu.

Actually think Maguire has been ok, the rest of the team though........
He was shite in fact he was garbage no better than the rest other than set pieces he only got close to the half way line once
Every pass was safe no forward balls and quite happy to play the game sideways and backwards like the rest
Bought out of position a number of times as well
That game tonight from England had David Weirs Sheffield United stamped all over it

Marketing makes the player successful. Not talent.

Same with Films, music, advertising etc etc.

More exposure, more money etc. I guarantee if you focused an non-league Bulgarian and spent the same marketing budget as Ronaldo or Messi.. they’d be touted as the next big thing ie Freddie Adu.
Screenshot_20191012_061949.jpg
" We're going to make you a star! "
" Tsar ? "
" No, STAR, you know , BIG MAN! "
" Big man, yes "

He was shite in fact he was garbage no better than the rest other than set pieces he only got close to the half way line once
Every pass was safe no forward balls and quite happy to play the game sideways and backwards like the rest
Bought out of position a number of times as well
That game tonight from England had David Weirs Sheffield United stamped all over it
Garbage is worse than shite?!

I like many thought Southgate was different gravy for not picking players by club size, reputation or media column inches........I was sadly wrong.

England back 5 should be

Lowton - K Walker - Harry - JOC -Stevens

It's a known fact that Stevens voted for Brexit when he was at Wolves, so should qualify for England

Stevens' nationality issue notwithstanding, that back line needs a bit of authority and someone who can control the game, you know, someone who already has a sackful of caps. So this leaves us with:

Lowton - Jags - Harry - JOC - Walker

I like the look of that.

In the 1970's , the then England manager Don Revie ( total bellend though he was ) , had the luxury of telling Tony Currie , Alan Hudson ( second only to him ) , Stan Bowles ,Rodney Marsh and Frank Worthington that they were not good enough to play for their country .

I wonder if any of them would have got a game if the other contenders had been Jordan Henderson , Harry Winks and Mason Mount ? 😂 😁😂
Hardly a luxury when we failed to qualify and he ran away. More of a terrible misjudgment.

I like many thought Southgate was different gravy for not picking players by club size, reputation or media column inches........I was sadly wrong.
When we got to the later stages of the World Cup Southgate saw that we struggled to create enough good chances with a back three and has wanted to switch to a back four since. I’m not convinced he’s got the players for it.

England have a lot of very talented attacking players. Sterling, Sancho, Kane, Maddison, Hudson-Odoi, Foden, Loftus-Cheek etc.

Any suggestion of Southgate being the man to get the best out of them is laughable.

That wouldn't be so bad if he could sort the defence out. But he can't. Largely down to the lack of quality options.

There's a major chance at the Euros next summer but as ever it's going to be wasted as we go into the tournament with a manager we know isn't capable of delivering beforehand.

Southgate is a nothing manager. 'Mr Henderson and Rice' sums him up.

To have any chance, England need a manager who actually has discernible strengths. Ideally attacking.

An attacking 3-5-2 is the best bet for me. Numbers at the back and pack as many quality players into the rest of the team as possible.

England have a lot of very talented attacking players. Sterling, Sancho, Kane, Maddison, Hudson-Odoi, Foden, Loftus-Cheek etc.

Any suggestion of Southgate being the man to get the best out of them is laughable.

That wouldn't be so bad if he could sort the defence out. But he can't. Largely down to the lack of quality options.

There's a major chance at the Euros next summer but as ever it's going to be wasted as we go into the tournament with a manager we know isn't capable of delivering beforehand.

Southgate is a nothing manager. 'Mr Henderson and Rice' sums him up.

To have any chance, England need a manager who actually has discernible strengths. Ideally attacking.

An attacking 3-5-2 is the best bet for me. Numbers at the back and pack as many quality players into the rest of the team as possible.

Hopefully when Man U sack Ole they'll make Southgate an offer he can't refuse.

Bit left field but, Wenger for England?

Knows how to play good football, could probably sort out a fairly decent defence out. Respected, good tactician.

Hopefully when Man U sack Ole they'll make Southgate an offer he can't refuse.

Bit left field but, Wenger for England?

Knows how to play good football, could probably sort out a fairly decent defence out. Respected, good tactician.

I'd take Wenger. I'd take Mourinho. Someone with proven strengths at either end of the pitch. Rather than someone who ensures 6/10 in every department.

Wenger would be a great choice, especially for the long term. The FA should make him a big offer.

Mourinho would improve the defence a lot without killing the attacking threat, which would give us a chance.

There was a programme on a while back and the players you mentioned from that era collectively have less England caps than ......... Emile Heskey.
And still we wonder why we've won nowt since '66.

I'd choose Alex Greenwood over Danny Rose.

She's the best crosser in the Women's team. Neville not using her correctly.

When we got to the later stages of the World Cup Southgate saw that we struggled to create enough good chances with a back three and has wanted to switch to a back four since. I’m not convinced he’s got the players for it.
I very politely disagree. Wilder would win the Euro’s & World Cup with the quality he would have at his disposal. He wouldnt have Kyle Walker at centre back & Lundstram would replace Jordan Henderson in midfield for starters.

Back
Top Bottom