Jam tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dkc

Reaction score
Always slightly preferred Moore but Jamal had another outstanding game today. There was one very powerful header when it was 2-1 that he caught just under the bar. Nine out of ten keepers, including Moore, would have tipped it over but Blackman just plucked it and went down. He's not the finished product but he has tremendous athletic ability, reminds me of Petr Cech. Moore is solid though. Great dilemma to have but I'd be tempted to keep Jam in the shirt after Moore's suspension. Without checking I presume Moore is available Friday.

Is 'Jam' even something someone called Jamal would want to be called? Not sure it's a name to shorten.

'Areight Jam ahs it goin'

'Wot did thi call me tha cunt?'

Jam. No, I'm not going to call him Jam.

But yeah he was reight good at the football again.

If there is an opportunity to sign him permenantly in the summer I would snap at it.

Moore hasn't done anything offensively bad but Moore and Jam competing for a 1st team spot is as healthy a competition in the GK position we've had since Kelly and Tracey.

He was my MOTM tonight.

Always slightly preferred Moore but Jamal had another outstanding game today. There was one very powerful header when it was 2-1 that he caught just under the bar. Nine out of ten keepers, including Moore, would have tipped it over but Blackman just plucked it and went down. He's not the finished product but he has tremendous athletic ability, reminds me of Petr Cech. Moore is solid though. Great dilemma to have but I'd be tempted to keep Jam in the shirt after Moore's suspension. Without checking I presume Moore is available Friday.

I'd keep him in too

Great saves, the goal he could have done better perhaps but again there was an issue of someone letting him down, shot should never have come, or it should have been a foul and free kick.

A fantastic double save which eventually was cleared for a throw I think, but could have been a (Stevens?) own goal, and a great save that was eventually nullified by an offside.

Really hope we can keep him next season.

Is 'Jam' even something someone called Jamal would want to be called? Not sure it's a name to shorten.

'Areight Jam ahs it goin'

'Wot did thi call me tha cunt?'

Jam. No, I'm not going to call him Jam.

But yeah he was reight good at the football again.

Think Wilder's referred to him in as Jam in interviews so we're probably on safe ground.

QPR fans were obsessed with him. Chelsea reject and and a few things about his mum and John Terry. That double save pissed em off I think.

Lots of factors involved but would be surprised if we hadn't got more points while Jam's been in net than Moore.
Looks a good keeper in the making.

I like Moore and Blackman but for me Blackman is the better keeper just. I love the way he comes and plucks the ball out of the air when the opposition cross it. Big strikers must hate playing against him when they relay on crosses coming in the box and most of the times Blackman is out to collect it with no problems. Yes Blackman isn't the finished product yet and he is still learning and growing into the keeper he will be in years to come
I would love to be able to sign him at the end of the season if given the opportunity. Some of his kicks still a little bit off but he is getting there. Eithet Moore's or Blackmans name on the team sheet makes me feel confident but Blackman just about wins it for me and from a lot of comments I have seen on Facebook and Twitter and stuff Blackman was getting some right stick earlier in the season so would like to see what they think now.

Hope we snap him up in the summer. Far from the finished article but he’s only 24 and keepers don’t peak until their late 20s.

Think Wilder's referred to him in as Jam in interviews so we're probably on safe ground.

Oh, if it's good enough for Wilder...

I'd like use to sign Jam. If Chelsea ask for £4 million, would it still be a non starter, or will our circumstances be different? It'll be an interesting summer.

Didn't he sign a new contract at Chelsea before he came on loan? I can't see them letting him go permanently next season and he'll probably be back out on loan either to ourselves or lower end premier league if they can get guaranteed matches for him

Hope we snap him up in the summer. Far from the finished article but he’s only 24 and keepers don’t peak until their late 20s.

Agree with this.

I’ve said all along, Moore is more consistent, solid and probably average Championship standard at best.

Jamal is prone to the odd mistake but he has far more potential.
If he keeps developing he could end up being a top keeper.

Didn't he sign a new contract at Chelsea before he came on loan? I can't see them letting him go permanently next season and he'll probably be back out on loan either to ourselves or lower end premier league if they can get guaranteed matches for him

Surely depends on what they do with Courtois? If they keep him in the summer and Cabellero as backup then he’s no closer to their first team. Chelsea also have a habit of letting youngsters go before they have a chance to establish themselves.

I honestly think that he’s worth a few million quid worth of anyone’s money.

Yeah he's available, after Leeds, Leicester and tonight.

Jam to keep it for me, no doubt about it.

I'm a big fan of Moore and thought Moore deserved his recall earlier in the season but Blackman has come in and done well and surely deserves to stay in goal.

Surely depends on what they do with Courtois? If they keep him in the summer and Cabellero as backup then he’s no closer to their first team. Chelsea also have a habit of letting youngsters go before they have a chance to establish themselves.

I honestly think that he’s worth a few million quid worth of anyone’s money.

They aren't exactly trusting of young players though are they so even if courtois went they'll more than likely buy a new number one rather than throw Jamal in after a season in the championship where he's been in and out of the team.

If it means we can get him on the cheap though they can go that way for me. Like others have said he's got the potential to be a top quality keeper with a few more seasons under his belt

For a young keeper playing at this level for he first time I think he’s done brilliant so far this year.

For me Moore has to earn his place back after suspension.

I think he’d likely be loaned out again next season in all reality a premiership club isn’t going to take him and he’s not going to be playing for Chelsea. So where better for him to stay than here.Assuming we don’t go up that is.

Makes a nice change to have 2 competent keepers - both have been top signings imo

Not a prayer.
Said it before he will northwards of £5m and his wages are currently reported as £20k a week

Didn't think he was great tonight at all. He was left wanting twice in the first half when crosses sailed over his head as he flapped at them - the second from a corner and was saved by Stevens heading off the line. He spilled a simple shot along the ground in the second half, causing a bit of a scramble in our box and he was poorly positioned for their goal.

Good keeper - yes. Better than Moore? No!

Although I like Jam, he does some things to a very high level and looks exceptionally good and strong when he comes for crosses, whenever I see him play there is something that doesn’t feel right. The goal tonight and I think against Leeds, plus there were a couple of examples before Moore replaced him, where he reacts slowly, dives in slow motion and doesn’t really stretch out.
This might sound weird but it’s as though he needs to understand how tall he is and grow into his body.
As we all agree he is young to develop and the potential is there but I can’t see him being Chelsea’s first choice keeper

Jam is an outstanding keeper when it comes to reaction saves at head height, very quick to get one strong hand to the ball (as per Leeds and the one from the offside last night) but all round game his positioning is poor and he struggles with anything low.

People saying how good his double save was just have another look at it. Should have been a routine low stop which he could have caught or if he doesn't think he can catch it he can push the ball out wide, instead he blocks it and it bounces right into the danger area, then as he sits up their striker boots the ball straight at him from 1 yard away. It's a poor save followed by a poor finish.

He's still very young for a keeper and will definitely improve but in my opinion Moore is the better keeper at the moment.

He looks better now than he did in his spell at the start of the season.

His shirt to lose now and I’d be very surprised if Moore is back in the team for Hull. Blackman hasn’t put a foot out of line.

Can't we just play a different keeper each half?

Back
Top Bottom