I don't trust Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who belittled you?? I think you were the one throwing out “pricks” and “cunts” in the first instance mate. You can make your counterpoint without resorting to that.
Look im sorry if my lingo upsets you,but as you can gather im not the best with words,but i will say how and what i feel specially when it boils down to my passion my life my club....but i will not be put down by people who may be or think they are better than me just because of my opinion....if my opinion upsets people then tuff....but i love sheff utd always have always will as i said earlier through thick and thin....upthemuthafcukinblades!!@!

Raul
8 months without Coutts and still pretending we can play 352 with Lundvans supposedly controlling things. Because they're worse than Donty, big holes on the edges for wide players with pace (wow imagine that) to exploit.

I await the backlash , but how much longer are we prepared to chuck three points away whenever we take the lead and pretend there's nothing wrong?

Raul, I trust your opinion (back in the day on BU I was Moe Syzlak the one who dished out GCB on the 3310s). I’ll disagree, today we were crap in the final third. We proved we can hold the ball just clueless in the final third. Get Coutts back and a decent striker I believe. We’ll do ok fella, bad day at the office and admittedly following on from last season but I do think that we ain’t far away from a reyt season. Hope I’m right and I believe. 2 signings will be enough - a striker and a midfielder / and or Coutts post 2016

We’ve not gone for games since Coutts has been out. We’re tentative and predictable. Christ we need to buy creativity. No point signing a striker if Basham and Lundstram are putting the killer balls in.

I trust him but we’ve had half a season plus one game of the same issues and it’s not being fixed
I'd trust him about as far as I could throw him.
Doesn't mean I want him replaced.

8 months without Coutts and still pretending we can play 352 with Lundvans supposedly controlling things. Because they're worse than Donty, big holes on the edges for wide players with pace (wow imagine that) to exploit.

I await the backlash , but how much longer are we prepared to chuck three points away whenever we take the lead and pretend there's nothing wrong?
Let's all please calm down.

I hope CW isn't to the Championship what NW is to the Premiership.

Could well be, but surely a lot are over-reacting? We're playing at a very high level now, having made giant strides over the last two years. Unfortunately, we can't afford to just demolish a team and buy in replacements. Swansea showed the athleticism that comes with seven years at the top level (yes, a lot of their players yesterday weren't involved, but the 'top-flight ethos' still remains within the club.)

I'm pretty disappointed with yesterday. Not so much with the result - I thought Swansea deserved to win (as did Brentford in the corresponding opening-day game last season) - but with the immediate turning on the team and Wilder after just one defeat and with the hordes of people who left straight after Swansea's second (was 'X-Factor' on?). We're better than that, surely?

Of course, it was fun two seasons ago - winning more than we lost in Division One. Sunderland (30k crowd yesterday and £20m still in parachutes) will probably enjoy this season, as may Swansea this year. I'll remind you of a comment from a Swansea fan in Roygbiv s Pre-match View From Swansea:

“An unusual mix of hope, trepidation and the totally unknown are my gut feelings going into this new season but hopefully it will make for a pleasant change from the anxious, tedious borefest performances and the oh so predictable relegation battles we have become accustomed to over the past 3 years”

Make your choice - knocking over the likes of Port Vale, Northampton etc. and being a 'flat track bully' or being tested in every game against excellent teams. Just two seasons ago (2016-17) in Division One, we got one point from the first four games including a 0-3 home defeat to Southend. The rest of the season wasn't an unalloyed success, including losses to Fleetwood and Walsall. But we adapted, recruited and got there eventually.

Chris is facing challenges he's never had before. Does he think 'Fuck it. How much do you want for Waghorn, then?' Or does he continue to operate within our budget and face the wrath of (some) fans if we're near the bottom of the table come Christmas? We're up against some very rich, serious and good teams now and that's what I was looking forward to when I was sat on freezing cold nights watching us play Yeovil, Accrington, Stevenage, Crawley etc.

Maybe we (and Chris) have 'found our level'? If so, it's not a bad level to be at, compared to where we've been.

The issue for me needs to be resolved by selling Evans, Lunny and Leonard and spunking our money on someone who can actually play the position. I would rather be short in midfield
then go to a game, watch Evans play like a crab, Lundstram lose concentration and Leonard warming up on the sidelines.

Everyone can talk about getting a shiny new striker or playing Duffy, but we don't have anyone who can pass forward, play balls round the corner and break. Their lad '10' was unreal I thought, however in this team he wouldn't get the fecking ball.

Don't even get me started on Clarke today, Wilder's love child

Here we go. Wilder out after 1 game.

The next 5 days will dictate our season. Quality in or mid-table at best.
Here we go. Wilder out after 1 game.

The next 5 days will dictate our season. Quality in or mid-table at best.
I really really hope this is sarcasm or my patience with humanity has ran out. Kudos if so btw.

Last season wasn't quite as simple as being rubbish after Coutts' injury. Between him being injured and January we were in relegation form and then reverted to being a mid table team once Wilder brought in midfield re-enforcements. Prior to that of course, with Fleck and Coutts we looked a really good side.

Yesterday was a bad day at the office for Wilder. No Duffy, who's ability to take the ball in tight situations high up the pitch is essential to the way we play, was a mistake and the decision to play Fleck much higher up the pitch with Evans controlling the ball was another mistake in my opinion.

Despite all that, we just about deserved to be 1-0 up. Good to see Baldock finish well, if he adds that to his game, he'll be a right player at this level

Their first goal just looks a good goal to me from their point of view. They'll be a discussion about going with players I assume. The 2nd goal is a bit of a shocker and it will be interesting to see if any defenders make way for Tuesday's game.

I'd be going with.

Henderson
Basham - Egan - JOC
Baldock - Evans - Fleck - Bryan
Duffy
Clarke - Mcgoldrick

With Sharp and Woodburn the obvious subs if required. Stearman might also be fancying getting a starting shirt.

We need another centre forward option in the club before Friday

Is now the time to say* that I thought we looked alright first half? All over them for a period before we scored? Two up front put good pressure on, perhaps didn't receive the service needed?

After goal, didn't react well enough to Swansea's reaction and fair enough, their pace of pass and movement undid us.

Maybe, just maybe, on the day, Swansea were better, rather than us falling to pieces and Wilder losing the plot?

*probably not.

Yesterday was a poor performance for me, in terms of the same problems carrying on from last year.

Swansea did their homework and knew exactly how to play against us, and we had spells where we enjoy a lot of possession but failed to create anything,

As much as a like Wilder have enjoyed the last couple of years he can’t trade off those years indefinitely and it is at the point where he has to change things round a bit and address the weaknesses and make us a bit less predictable to play against,

It was just like the second half of last season. Absolutely nothing has changed. We were bang average and most of the blame lies with Wilder.

One season in the Championship has robbed Wilder of his 'innocence'.

He's started too many games with the negative flat midfield trio, using any small reason to justify it. But he'll then chase a win later in the game and cost us points more often than not.

Chance creation is a big problem, not the finishing as most people seem to think. We don't create many clear ones, especially at home. We've struggled for a while in this department.

It doesn't help that he refuses to sign pace, pretending we don't need any when in reality there are multiple occasions in every game where pace can make all the difference regardless of your style of play.
And we routinely see opponents who have it tearing us apart. While we can only watch, admire and dream.

Then when we have a player with pace and skill, an extremely talented one at that, we sell him for a pathetic fee 'because he wanted to leave'. This despite getting him on a new 5 year contract last year.

It's almost become part of our identity to be devoid of pace and flair. It gets extremely fucking frustrating after a while.

If Stevens remains first choice LWB then it's borderline negligence / a lack of ambition from Wilder. The wing back positions are so key and are the most obvious areas that if improved would really kick us on a level, but nothing's changed. I've said it before, there's no way we get promoted with the current wing backs. If you rely on them like we do, they need to be good.
Meanwhile one I wanted us to sign, Antonee Robinson, apparently ran the length of the pitch to set up Wigan's opener v Wednesday yesterday...

We've recruited fairly well but if we stopped now it would've been a terrible window. It's all down to what we do in the next few days. Our remaining signings will decide our season. As we are, we're a mid table team.

FFS. There’s been some serious over reaction to yesterday’s result!!. I M H O.
Yes it was a disappointing performance and we looked really poor in patches throughout the game!!. I’m pretty certain wilder will try and rectify the issues but at the moment he’s got to work with his current players until other reinforcements are bought in!!.
It’s gonna be a rollercoaster of a season with ups and downs but let’s see where we are at Christmas before we all start hitting the panic button!!!. Let’s keep the faith. UTB.

For what it’s worth I think Lunstram is OK, it’s Evans I have the problem with. I’ve not seen him play a good 90 mins yet.
I’m also worried about the left side of our defence and that includes O’Connell. He was so poor yesterday it makes you wonder if he’s had his head turned by talk of a move.
Our forwards will score goals but they need a 100% improvement from the supply chain.
The one person I trust 100% is Chris Wilder. He will get it sorted. He’s had a bad start before and look what happened.

Massive overreaction by some but a few points are valid IMO:

-No pace all over the pitch
-Lack of flair
-Wingbacks/Fullbacks are average at best
-Not playing someone in the ‘Duffy’ role doesn’t work

I can’t quite believe Baldock got MoM, though he and Basham were two massive weak links when they brought Montero on who ripped us a new arsehole. Incedentally a player with pace and flair.

I generally like Evans but him and Lundstram in the same side is suicidal.

For Tuesday I’d prefer to see us start with Freeman for Baldock, Stearman for Basham and Duffy for Lunny. I’d replace Stevens but don’t think we have anyone else.

Very early days though - let’s at least wait a few games before they’re totally hung out to dry. Didn’t think there was anything in the game until we conceded, really was a case of fine margins. Not a bad side Swansea, I think they’ll do pretty well whilst they have players like McBurnie, McKay and Montero turning out for them.

OP is over the top, but I think Wilder needs to be brave again and start an attacking mid at home.
He said we didn't take enough risks, but if we play a safe team with 3 safe mids, you won't get endless creativity.
Whatever he says I think his selection will be influenced by the need to give Woodburn pitch time. He will adjust but he was not in it yesterday. At one point he put a ball through that would have been great had we got Mo Sala in the side to run onto it, but we had a team of lead boots.

Another mistake of Wilder's was not going 4 at the back at 1-0 after Montero came on.

Very?

I don't think Lennon is the answer to the question that ought not be asked.

But that's nothing to do with his religion, nationality and (though perhaps slightly more importantly) the colour of his hair. ;)
I take back the religion part .....!!!

FFS. There’s been some serious over reaction to yesterday’s result!!. I M H O.
Yes it was a disappointing performance and we looked really poor in patches throughout the game!!. I’m pretty certain wilder will try and rectify the issues but at the moment he’s got to work with his current players until other reinforcements are bought in!!.
It’s gonna be a rollercoaster of a season with ups and downs but let’s see where we are at Christmas before we all start hitting the panic button!!!. Let’s keep the faith. UTB.
Well said! I came away disappointed and wondering why we started with that midfield etc, but with have come a long way with wilder in charge. This season was always going to be difficult. Last season some of our players over achieved, like Clarke for eg. And we have been spoilt. We ARE a mid table championship team. But that is still progress. With the budget with have, we are still pushing above our weight. Yesterday was a reality check. Getting rid of Wilder and his team would be a disaster for this football club. You can bet your life on it, Wilder didn't sleep very well last night, and is already trying to think of ways to make us better.

It was just like the second half of last season. Absolutely nothing has changed. We were bang average and most of the blame lies with Wilder.

One season in the Championship has robbed Wilder of his 'innocence'.

He's started too many games with the negative flat midfield trio, using any small reason to justify it. But he'll then chase a win later in the game and cost us points more often than not.

Chance creation is a big problem, not the finishing as most people seem to think. We don't create many clear ones, especially at home. We've struggled for a while in this department.

It doesn't help that he refuses to sign pace, pretending we don't need any when in reality there are multiple occasions in every game where pace can make all the difference regardless of your style of play.
And we routinely see opponents who have it tearing us apart. While we can only watch, admire and dream.

Then when we have a player with pace and skill, an extremely talented one at that, we sell him for a pathetic fee 'because he wanted to leave'. This despite getting him on a new 5 year contract last year.

It's almost become part of our identity to be devoid of pace and flair. It gets extremely fucking frustrating after a while.

If Stevens remains first choice LWB then it's borderline negligence / a lack of ambition from Wilder. The wing back positions are so key and are the most obvious areas that if improved would really kick us on a level, but nothing's changed. I've said it before, there's no way we get promoted with the current wing backs. If you rely on them like we do, they need to be good.
Meanwhile one I wanted us to sign, Antonee Robinson, apparently ran the length of the pitch to set up Wigan's opener v Wednesday yesterday...

We've recruited fairly well but if we stopped now it would've been a terrible window. It's all down to what we do in the next few days. Our remaining signings will decide our season. As we are, we're a mid table team.

I'm afraid its going to be a long season if we continue with the flat midfield three at Home. You've hit the nail on the head the formation creates virtually nothing. When one odd chance does come along like Lundstrams mis kick yesterday its all about not taking our chances. Well we had virtually nothing to take yesterday. Fleck is a much better player when he can see what is going on in front of him and has an outlet to link up with the forwards. That outlet was sat on the bench for 85 minutes yesterday meaning our build up play was pedestrian. We had no pressing game because we were sitting 10 yards too deep and yet we insisted on keeping with the same formation even when Woodburn came on.

We lacked bite and looked half a yard off the pace. Swansea walked through us for their first goal. Any other team would have taken one of their players out but we looked incapable of getting near them at times in the second half.

Its just as much about formation as it is players. If we don't go for it at Home we are going to struggle. I'd like us to buy Freeman also but he'd probably be sat on the bench with the other number 10's.

A long way off that yet but in terms of a potential replacement, maybe not a bad shout.
Many more games like today and it'll be a relegation fight very quickly.

Currently making Phil Parkinson look a very good manager in comparison over at Bolton :eek:

Back
Top Bottom