I don't trust Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No. The only similar thing was the end result. We deserved to beat Bristol City, Villa, Cardiff and Millwall. We didn’t deserve to beat Swansea. We were well off the pace today. We miss Coutts and have done since his injury but the worrying thing is we don’t seem to have an alternative plan. What’s more worrying is that we have absolutely zero pace within this squad.

The levels of delusion are worrying. Just because we have had a good thing doesn’t mean it will go on forever.

OP is over the top, but I think Wilder needs to be brave again and start an attacking mid at home.
He said we didn't take enough risks, but if we play a safe team with 3 safe mids, you won't get endless creativity.

There are a few things glaringly wrong at the moment,

Failure to replace the quality that Coutts gave us - despite trying (on the cheap) with Evans / Lundstrum / Holmes.
Not bringing Duffy on earlier / starting him, to give some much needed creativity. Blatant from about 20 mins in.
More ruthless finishing. 2 very good opportunities in the second half which should have been buried.
Dreadful crossing from the left.
Pace. Yes I know that Wilder says that it doesn't matter with the way we play, but a quick, direct player can terrify defenders and change games. (Montero today for example.)
We are far too predictable and have no 'Plan B'

I didn't think Swansea were great today until we scored but they have 3 very good players in McBurnie, Montero and McKay who would probably get into any Championship team. I thought we had enough to beat them but were definitely unlucky to lose.

Relegation candidates? After 1 game?
Jesus...... the mentality of some
:rolleyes:
No mate based on the last 20 games of last season and the fact we’ve not made significant improvements in the squad.

Might look like I’ve got me knickers in a twist but I’m not basing my comments on one game. I hope I’m wrong of course

No mate based on the last 20 games of last season and the fact we’ve not made significant improvements in the squad.

Might look like I’ve got me knickers in a twist but I’m not basing my comments on one game. I hope I’m wrong of course
Based on the last 20 games of last season we would have finished midtable. It’s just that it felt worse after the start we made

Since Coutts got injured we haven’t found a way to play

Absolutely - This was the problem from the day Coutts got injured.

We tried to get Lunny to play the role - he couldn't

We tried to get Evan to play the role - slightly better but not the same.

We needed to adjust the team to play with Lunny and/or Evan and we are still trying.

We need to find a way of playing with the players we have, not to make them fit Coutts - it didn't work and hasn't worked all 2nd half of last season, hey we still persist.

UTB

Here we go. Wilder out after 1 game.

The next 5 days will dictate our season. Quality in or mid-table at best.

I know bloody social media and forums.
Not like the old days when you would have to wait a week for this to appear in the Green Un letters page, only then made themselves look silly after we had won that Saturday.

8 months without Coutts and still pretending we can play 352 with Lundvans supposedly controlling things. Because they're worse than Donty, big holes on the edges for wide players with pace (wow imagine that) to exploit.

I await the backlash , but how much longer are we prepared to chuck three points away whenever we take the lead and pretend there's nothing wrong?
lad i speak to pointed out we set up like an away team .. bang on.. these were nowt special they were powder puff .. team that finished should have started although i’d have stevens shot

Based on the last 20 games of last season we would have finished midtable. It’s just that it felt worse after the start we made

We don’t have 18months worth of momentum like we had the 2nd half of last season.

The lack of threat and creativity was a worry today, at least we had that last season, but like you say it’s early days and I hope I’m proved wrong.

Here we go. Wilder out after 1 game.

The next 5 days will dictate our season. Quality in or mid-table at best.

Not really one game though is it? It’s frustrating that the issues we can all see aren’t being sorted and the same mistakes are being made over and over again

i’ll put that down to bad day at the office but that was the worst perfirmance under Wilder
evans, lundstram ans stevens are useless .. we’ve known it for a while but done nowt about it

Reactions: SWB
Defeat on day 1 is always a massive kick in the bollocks.

I'm also not sure what to make of Swansea to put it into any kind of context. They looked very very good going forward but seemed reluctant to do so at all until we'd scored. Odd side, but I can see them rope a dope'ing a lot of teams this season like they did us today. Could be this year's Cardiff - up there all season without ever 'looking' very good.

Coutts will be back in a month and we like season's that start with 4x Defeats. :)

Our form for the last 20 games was mid table.

Lundstram is toss. Get rid.
Duffy needs to start and sub him when he's knackered, not the other way round when we're chasing the game.
When we sign a quality player. i.e. Woodburn ffs play him.
Learn how to protect a 1-0 lead. Fucking hell just piss about with the ball like other teams do with us.

Today's game was just a continuation of the second half of last season.

Back
Top Bottom